Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 18 36.00%
Recommended 12 24.00%
NOT Recommended 20 40.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 22:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-10471269_1537317779842156_5063668061078329632_n.jpg

Its often said that, a picture with a little eye for the details, makes for the complete story. The same is what I can vouch for the new online automotive merchandise venture, which goes by the name of "Canvas Ink".

About Canvas Ink:
Brainchild of BHPian devilwearsprada (Utsav batra), the online venture offers products like European and Japanese style licence plates for all cars, high end motorcycles, and automotive rubberised keychains and stickers.

Link to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/canvasinkindia

What I liked:
-High quality embossed numberplates available at competitive prices
-Wide variety of customised designs available
-Timely commitment on delivering items, got my plates delivered within the promised 2 days.

Contact number: +91 9910522922.

Posting few pics of their work for reference. I give a high recommendation.

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-1779332_1537840929789841_2271554937386901160_n.jpg

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-10736145_10203987339742752_343250495_n.jpg

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-10743775_10203987340902781_1265849513_n.jpg

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-10752125_10203987342342817_990573876_n.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 17th January 2015 at 21:37. Reason: Updated contact info
sidindica is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:20   #2
BHPian

re: Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon)

Looks good, how much did you pay for the plates and the frame ? thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:27   #3
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I have ordered one for my Enfield a week back. Yet to receive it though !
Old 4th November 2014, 15:41   #4
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the plates last evening. However, I am currently in Pune so will be getting the plates next week when I travel back home. So in a week's time, I will be in a position to give a proper feedback.

Thanks a lot Utsav !
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 22:44   #5
BHPian

Would these plates cause any issues with Delhi cops? I'm using High Security Plates currently.
Old 5th November 2014, 09:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

the online venture offers products like European and Japanese style licence plates for all cars, high end motorcycles, and automotive rubberised keychains and stickers.

Can you elaborate more on what do you mean by European and Japanese style? How is it different from the one available with dealers? How much it costs?

Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post
Can you elaborate more on what do you mean by European and Japanese style? How is it different from the one available with dealers? How much it costs?

Thanks
The euro and jap plates are the one available at custom euro plates and german plates websites. Costs and pictures are on the website.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:40   #8
BHPian

But these would be illegal for new vehicles right? The new vehicles are required to use the high security number plates provided by RTO?!
asethi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 17:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
But these would be illegal for new vehicles right? The new vehicles are required to use the high security number plates provided by RTO?!
Exactly my thoughts. Aren't these plates illegal? In Karnataka, the HSP is yet to commissioned due to an ongoing tussle with the vendor. So just wondering.

The plates do look of high quality and provide a nice oomph factor to the otherwise boring part of the car.
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 17:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Aren't these plates illegal? In Karnataka, the HSP is yet to commissioned due to an ongoing tussle with the vendor. So just wondering.

The plates do look of high quality and provide a nice oomph factor to the otherwise boring part of the car.
In Bangalore they are illegal (in my honest Opinion) and overpriced if you ask me.
We get similar plates with IND logos and other logos within Rs 1500-/ (for a set)
The above website is asking for Rs 2,700 -/ (is that for a set or single plate?)
Captain Slow is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 20:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
True that!!!

In almost all the metros, new cars have to get HSNP. Although, India being India there is a way out for everything, but we need to change the mindset and follow the rules.

Nice as they might look, as far as I know, customization on the number plates is not legit. Maybe someone with complete knowledge on the subject can throw more light on it.
Old 7th November 2014, 02:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

re: Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!

As a Consumer I have very right to talk about the price of the product.
It doesn't matter if the same plates from EuroPlates.com or Jmd plates cost 6500/ 7000 -/ for a set.
As buyers we have the right to choose and I felt these were a bit overpriced that's all.
I believe information shared is always good, everyone should have an option to choose.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3519403

I found a couple of other providers offering similar services. Listed below are a few on ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/IND-BLUE-Numb...item20ee904736

http://www.ebay.in/itm/IND-BLUE-Numb...item20ee904561

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Number-plate-...item20ef4fd98d

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2014 at 16:41. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Captain Slow is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 07:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Thank you for the link Sid.
Finally a place where one can get some quality designer plates for their cars.

Unfortunately, since I am not back home yet, I have not been able to order and get plates for my cars.

In the meanwhile, I had recommended a few friends back in Calcutta last week about these German/Indian/Jap style plates. About 7-8 of them ordered sets for their cars and all of them loved the design, quality and found it really VFM. The payment options and delivery method was brilliant and super efficient.
Frankly, it is a much cheaper and better alternative to the Imported German plates which sell for 6-7k a set.

My friends have installed these plates on the following cars.
- Mercedes Benz E Class
- Audi A6
- BMW 530d
- BMW 320D
- Mercedes Benz C200 CGI
- Chevy Cruze
- Honda Civic
- VW Polo

I shall post pictures soon as soon as I receive them.
I also cant wait to get back home in December, remove those IND plates and get some nice plates for our Germans and Japs.

I wanted to comment on two issues raised in the thread.
Cost: I see someone complaining about the high costs for this product. I am sorry to go against this comment, but once you check these plates out, you will understand that they are truly worth every buck paid. Top notch quality, brilliant design and VFM considering its imported competition.
Just saying that their are 100 rupee plates available in the market too, where a painter just paints down your vehicle number's on a blank white metal sheet.

Legality: West Bengal has made it mandatory for cars sold after 2011 to have IND's punched by the RTO.
The hard truth is that, everyone just gets it done to get their hands on their smart cards. The cops here give a damn about the plates one runs.
In-fact a few of my cars, lost their IND's to accidents and the RTO has still been giving me the replacements for those plates since the last 9-10 months.

Last edited by cityvic : 7th November 2014 at 07:26.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 08:50   #14
BHPian

Hello captain slow,

Yes you do have the right to choose the plates you like. But the IND plates you are referring to and the plates Utsav is selling are different. Have a look at the font and finishing in the pics of both the plates and you will understand the difference and the reason for the higher cost

Utsav, a small question. Is the cost of frames included in the cost of a set of embossed plates?? The plates look great and all the best to you for this new venture.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2014 at 16:41. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 20:10   #15
BHPian

A small question. Are these plates Legal?
Because I've seen Delhi traffic police issueing challan on the basis of Number plates not being in order

Most Viewed