Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 18 36.00%
Recommended 12 24.00%
NOT Recommended 20 40.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 21:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!

You are prefectly correct. You can sell a single plate for 2 lakh rupees. After all, some brands sell a handbag for 5 lakhs.
However, every user has a right to comment whether something is overpriced or not. For example, lot of people say the Jazz was overpriced. Now they were from Auto industry or not from Auto industry, it does not matter, its their opinion. This is a free board.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2014 at 16:42. Reason: Quoted post deleted
tsk1979 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 22:36   #17
BHPian

Hey! These are what I was looking for! Locally made, embossed euro plates!
Searched for them at a number of shops here, but finally had to settle for acrylic ones. Many didn't even knew the font. This is one thing which is surely hard to find!
All the best for your venture buddy! Wish you all the success!

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2014 at 16:42. Reason: Quoted post deleted
nishantdlv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 16:43   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note: Several posts have been edited & deleted on this thread. Please note that Team-BHP does NOT permit any marketing activities on the forum.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 23:19   #19
BHPian

Got them for my Q3, and man, do they look fine. Them being embossed really makes them feel plush and not like the cheaper ones that I found locally.

Been driving for over a thousand kms in Delhi NCR and haven't been stopped by any cop yet. Always have an excuse for backup that these come with Audi (a small German logo is imprinted in the center which adds to the 'authenticity'). The owner was very prompt to deliver them and even met me personally to give them - advantages of being near Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-image3.jpg  

Last edited by AZ911 : 24th December 2014 at 23:21. Reason: Added a pic
AZ911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Outstanding customer experience from Canvas ink. I got my UK plates for my I20. Prompt service and great customer experience.

Highly recommended !
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 16:46   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Outstanding customer experience from Canvas ink. I got my UK plates for my I20. Prompt service and great customer experience.

Highly recommended !
Please also share a picture of the same and the cost. It will help a lot of folks who are confused between the various designs.
Old 6th February 2015, 17:18   #22
h14
BHPian

Got them for my Linea. Super fast shipping and top quality

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-img20150205wa0030.jpg

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-p_20150124_095405.jpg
h14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 23:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Got them for my Linea. Super fast shipping and top quality
Congrats on the puchase, but please take care, as they might be mistook for IND plates.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...wn-begins.html
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 14:00   #24
BHPian

Ordered an iPhone case from them, a few days back. Was promised delivery by yesterday. When I called them for courier details day before yesterday, they said it'll be sent by that evening. Nothing as such till now. Wrote them an email. No response. Sent them a text. No response. Called them. No response.

Massively disappointed.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 08:44   #25
BANNED

I ordered a set of Plain Jane German (German font but with no decals) number plates and a set of number plate frames on Feb 14th.

The expected delivery dates was 4 to 9 days and its been two weeks and there is no sight of the plates or the shipping details.

Their last reply to me was 6 days ago and it said
"Sorry for the delayed reply. Your order has been processed and done and your plates will be dispatched by tomorrow. Thank you for choosing canvas ink for the number plates."

My last email to them was 2 days ago and it said
"Hello Utsav/CI Team,

Was this order dispatched. If yes courier details please."

For which i received no reply till now and i have not received the plates either.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 14:30   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
For which i received no reply till now and i have not received the plates either.
All's well that ends well.

I received an email from them with the courier details later this morning. They had shipped the item on Feb 25th and its already arrived in my city. Hopefully I will receive it before the end of the day. Nice
Old 28th February 2015, 16:01   #27
BANNED

Quote:
All's well that ends well.
Got the plates a few mins ago and i expected better. I should have reserved my comments ^^ until i had received and opened the package.

Dislikes:
1) Its bent maybe while in transit. Would have preferred it to be straight like my current plates.
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-20150228_154216.jpg
2) The edge of the frame is broken. If it happened in transit then should have packed it better.
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-20150228_154225.jpg
3) There is no lamination over the black letters (not visible in the pic). I thought plain jane german meant only the decals were missing not the lamination.
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-20150228_154418.jpg
My current speedx plates have lamination over the letters.

Sankar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:23   #28
BANNED

I got a call from someone representing Canvas Ink asking why i didn't contact them if i had any complaints and why i posted here on team-bhp.com instead of contacting them. I have only one thing to say about that - My previous emails to you were not answered in a timely fashion and not before i posted here on team-bhp and so i didn't think it was worth it especially after seeing the quality. And no i didn't get prompt reply to all my mails to you. And if you remember for the email i sent you just after i got the order confirmation from canvasink you didn't reply to it. I had to message you on facebook before you replied to that email.

He's a member here it seems. Now i know how i got a delayed (2days) reply to my email asking for shipping details only after i posted about it here.

About the bends - He's saying that it can be straightened out and the problem is with the courier people and canvs ink is not responsible for that.
So your responsibility ends at just having shipped it? If courier damages it then its my problem?

About the broken frame - He's saying they would have replaced it.
I don't want a free replacement. If i did i would have contacted you. i didn't want to use these plates after i saw them.

About why i shouldn't make a fuss about the bent plates as it would straighten out.
On a Swift the rear number plate has full backing till the corners by the bumper as the bumper is flat, so it may straighten out if 3M double side adhesive is used. On the front bumper the number plate doesn't have full backing support by the bumper. Only a small rectangular area on the bumper is flat and that doesn't reach the corners of the plate. So the plate won't straighten out when installed. I didn't pay money to get bent plates and and bent and broken frame.

About the lamination - He says that they don't assure its laminated but says my number plate is laminated and that there is a protective covering over the letters.
My mistake, i thought these are laminated because I thought that was the norm for these expensive plates based on my previous experience with similar plates.
There is no lamination and this is not the first time i'm seeing embossed laminated plates, my current plates are laminated and the black stickers cannot be peeled off like this. In my current embossed plates i cannot feel the black letters with my hand if i run over them as they are laminated. I peeled off the black letters from the plate just to show that its not laminated. Pics below.

About shipping delay and why I shouldn't have posted here about shipping delay "Because you got your plates within promised delivery times. didn't you?"
Delivery promised in 4 to 9 days? Is it 4 to 9 working days or just 4 to 9 days? I placed the order on Feb 14th, but I'm counting only from Feb 16th onwards. If 9 days then i should have received it by Feb 23rd. If it was 9 business days and if Saturdays are working days then i should have received it by 25th. If it was 9 business days and if Saturdays are not working days then i should have received it by 26th. I received the plates on 28th. So no i did not get the plates within the specified time.

If you remember i sent you the below email on Feb 26th morning. You didn't reply to it until Feb 28th after i posted here.
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-canvasinkmail.jpg

The guy on the other end of the phone did not let me speak and was not willing to listen to what i had to say, when i told him that he said i have said a lot of things on the forum and that was enough. He seemed pissed off with my post here. He said he had installed lot of plates on the Swift.

I am not going to use the discount coupon i received from your e-store. I may have but with your phone call you have convinced me not to deal with you anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-20150303_192120.jpg  

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-20150303_192147.jpg  

Last edited by Sankar : 3rd March 2015 at 20:33.
Sankar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 22:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from someone representing Canvas Ink asking why i didn't contact them if i had any complaints and why i posted here on team-bhp.com instead of contacting them. I have only one thing to say about that - My previous emails to you were not answered in a timely fashion and not before i posted here on team-bhp and so i didn't think it was worth it especially after seeing the quality. And no i didn't get prompt reply to all my mails to you. And if you remember for the email i sent you just after i got the order confirmation from canvasink you didn't reply to it. I had to message you on facebook before you replied to that email.

Sankar, I totally agree and second you on whatever you've mentioned here about them.

Their audacity and unapologetic attitude amazed me till no end. Attaching a transcript of my email to them and their reply, which was appalling and amusing at the same time. The last line which said 'We give every customer equal value' sent me into peals of laughter.

Never using or recommending their services again. A first timer for me as I'm an avid online shopper.
Attached Thumbnails
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-untitled1.jpg  

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-2.jpg  

barcalad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 23:13   #30
BANNED

And how come the plates i ordered doesn't have embossed borders like the one posted on the opening post of this thread? I ordered Plain Jane German, Embossed Metal without Seals. Or is it like the lamination and not assured.

Pic posted in this thread by OP. I was expecting similar quality plates but without logo/seals.
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-10743775_10203987340902781_1265849513_n.jpg
^^ I see an ORBIZ logo in the pic above. So are these ORBIZ make plates? No wonder they look good! I've had ORBIZ IND plate in my previous car and they were good, much better than many other IND plates. What are Orbiz plates doing in this thread?

My canvasink plate border
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-20150303_225851.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Their audacity and unapologetic attitude amazed me till no end. Attaching a transcript of my email to them and their reply, which was appalling and amusing at the same time. The last line which said 'We give every customer equal value' sent me into peals of laughter.
They were unapologetic in my case also, and they have no regard for their customers! If they gave equal value to every customer then they wouldn't have said "It is just regarding a phone cover".

Last edited by Sankar : 3rd March 2015 at 23:28.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed