Both !! 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 00:19   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Jitu, I thought the only restriction on JDM cars was that the speedo shows only 180 kmph. I've seen this in a 3000 GT, and in JDM bikes like the Honda X-11. Didn't know the engine output itself was restricted to that max speed.
Akshay, whilst the speed remains restricted power is not. I have maxed out on the speed of my car but still have about 2300 rpm more until redline. There is a speed densor in the gearbox which is linked to the ecu. When you touch 185, the ecu induces a fuel cu ans restricts you from going faster. This connection can however by disabled if you have the ECU wiring diagram. i have not done it myself but have read about it in another forum, specifically run for people who are running mivecs.

www.mivec.co.nz

You will find more information there.
Old 9th August 2006, 00:21   #62
BHPian

Apparently on disabling this feature the car maxes out at 257Kmph. Crazy stuff.
Old 9th August 2006, 00:38   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Apparently on disabling this feature the car maxes out at 257Kmph. Crazy stuff.
Complete drool maal .. I still insist , where is that ride u promised us in ur MIVEC .. Its been two track days since and more than 3-4 months ..
Old 9th August 2006, 00:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Complete drool maal .. I still insist , where is that ride u promised us in ur MIVEC .. Its been two track days since and more than 3-4 months ..
next time you are here. Pukka.
Old 9th August 2006, 00:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

That will be very soon, if things go to plan.
Old 9th August 2006, 01:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff so far. Ok then- in summary...

1) TC'ing is ultimately the way to go either ways, bot not as yet. Not enough experience/equipment here.

2) Swapping is the best compromise. Gives you a better bargain.

3) At least for the next 3 years, until we have skilled application-specific technicians, still deeper knowhow and better resources, swapping is the way to screaming performance with peace of mind.

4) From some rough calcs, swaps seem to be more VFM as well, since you don't end up with holes in your piston or melted plugs/poppets or cracked gudgeon pins every other month.

5) The best bet seems to be; Go for a swap, run for 2 years and when you get tired, boost it (in case of N.A; in case of a existing TC a'la the MIVEC or so, increase in boost....), since people would have enough knowhow and equipment for it then.

@mclaren; A neatly overhauled B18c, N.A, in factory spec, belts out 210 horses at the crank....
Old 9th August 2006, 02:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey Veyron, just to point out, MIVECs don't come with factory turbos on them. And the highest a B18 has ever put out in factory trim is 197 bhp, from the JDM B18C5.
Old 9th August 2006, 12:44   #68
BHPian

I think Veyron has sumarrised this entire discussion excellently. If the moderators wish to close this thread they may do so. As far as costs for both option are concerned I would request all to please PM me and i can provide you with the necessary details. Thank you everyone for your inputs.
Old 9th August 2006, 13:14   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
I think Veyron has sumarrised this entire discussion excellently. If the moderators wish to close this thread they may do so. As far as costs for both option are concerned I would request all to please PM me and i can provide you with the necessary details. Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Thanks Sideways and Veyron for your wise words

due to sensitivity issues which occured earlier, I succumb to temptation and am closing this thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks