Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 18:43   #1

Scoop Jobs in Bangalore

Can someone tell me where I can get the best scoop jobs done in Bangalore on my car (a Palio).

Plus can anyone with experience doing scoop jobs advice me on "rules to follow" while getting this done? What are the kind of measurements I need to look at while fabricating one?

Cheers
Venky
Old 10th August 2006, 00:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you mean a hood scoop, what's the point? If you are looking at fabricating one with proper measurements et al, you need to make sure the channelled air is going somewhere useful, like an air filter. If it's just for show, just buy one and plonk it on.
Old 11th August 2006, 11:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

That is exactly what I am talking about. I am looking at installing a universal filter and then adding a hood scoop right above it to ensure the air flows into the filter quicker...I dont care for external good looker accessories...

Now am I eligible?

cheers
Old 13th August 2006, 01:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner
That is exactly what I am talking about. I am looking at installing a universal filter and then adding a hood scoop right above it to ensure the air flows into the filter quicker...I dont care for external good looker accessories...

Now am I eligible?

cheers

You are eligible... but you do realise having a scoop right over the filter can cause problems during rainy season... The filter is to be protected from "water"

I suggest plonk the filter and get a mesh grille for the car..and leave the bonnet untouched. Atleast you will have a good resale for your vehicle when ever you plan to sell it....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks