Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 18:55   #16
BHPian

Someone hit the left OVRM on santro xing and its broken the A.S.S. is quoting 600 for the non -adjustable mirror and 1800 for internally adjustable one.I enquired at Sandhya in Alwarpet he was quoting around 350 for the mirror but says the visibility and clarity will be better in the O.E. supplied by the company as compared to after market.How much of an issue is this .Does the view get affected really?
Old 19th December 2008, 15:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
Esteem:
Lumax/Brightex ("original") - Rs. 1050 (adjustable from inside)
"Afro"/"Kyoto" brand - Rs. 600 (adjustable from inside)
Afro/Kyoto are not very good compared to Lumax . I changed the driver side mirror to a MGP mirror (internally adjustible) for around 1.2k - brand was Schefernacker , It's been over a year and its still in one peice even though has been hit quite a few times in bangalore traffic (the lumax mirror on the other side however broke once and I had to replace it with Kyoto due to budget constrains )
Old 16th August 2010, 02:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I find the Esteem original Lumax OVRM's very flimsy. They last for maximum 1 year if used with a lot of care. In my 1997 model Esteem which i have sold now, i had a lot of trouble with breakages, fialure in the mechanism that opens the rear view mirror etc. The problem is that you must have noticed that when you keep the Esteem OVRM's in closed position the back side of the Ovrm is always open which accumulates a lot of water during a wash and gets soiled over a period of time and it begins to rust and lose its mobility when you open and close it. Since my Esteem was an Lx, i used to always change to Non-adjustable Ovrm's from original MGP Lumax which cost around 900 bucks each but they would go kaput with the same problem of rust in the mechansim.

I finally changed over to a brand named Enginetech which is only available in Mumbai through Choksi Motors in Milan Subway. They are made especially for the Esteem since OVRM's have been a problem in most Esteems and they have no exposed area whatsoever and they fit flush into the Esteem. I got a pair for around 1.8k around 3 years back and they were very strong and i was very impressed by them even till i sold my car late last year.
Cheers
@prince , were these mirrors convex or plain ? I'm looking for convex mirror for esteem which is internally adjustable. If it's power, it's all the more better.
Old 20th September 2011, 23:46   #19
BHPian

Re: Esteem side view mirror cost?

I was out looking for a pair of mirrors for the Maruti Esteem and though I did not look hard enough (i.e. I did not go shop-to-shop) I found a pair for the Maruti 1000 that fit and cost Rs.700/- for both but they were not internally adjustable. I got them simply because the broken ones hanging from the side were an eye sore. The dealer recommends keeping them folded except on the highway because they wouldn't last even a day with other vehicles bumping into the side of the car in the traffic experienced at Hyderabad (on the day I had the mirrors fitted, I had both sideview mirrors hit by other vehicles).
Old 8th February 2012, 10:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I finally changed over to a brand named Enginetech which is only available in Mumbai through Choksi Motors in Milan Subway.
Since Esteem model has been stopped, any idea if they still sell spare parts for Esteem. Appreciate if you can share their contact details?

I tried contacting them on below number (found in Just Dial), no one is answering. Wondering whether it is correct number or not..

Mr Girish(Proprietor),Mr Madhu(Manager)
+(91)-(22)-26145324, 26151897
+(91)-(22)-26145324
9, Anu Building, Near Milan Cinema, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West, Mumbai - 400054
Old 8th February 2012, 23:05   #21
BHPian

I got a local brand(did'nt bother to check the name) rt hand side ORVM for my Esteem a few days back@ 250 bucks.This one is externally adjustable; once it is set properly- inside 1/3rd reflection of the image of your car etc, it does'nt need adjustment everyday. Image quality etc is quite nice.
And, I fold it up when in bumper to bumper traffic- howsover well built the mirror assy is, any biker brushing past can smash it.
IMHO,there's not much point fitting an expensive one, given the driving habits of our two wheeled/three wheeled brothers of the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks