Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2020, 11:33   #121

Re: Installed! TRW Struts in my VW Vento

Hi guys,
Came across a post on another forum about how the Pre-2013 Polo's stiffer german spec springs aren't compatible with the TRW shocks on the long run.

Here is the link : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...d.26701/page-3

Is it true? I've just done a suspension overhaul on my 2010 Polo with the TRW shocks and retained the stiffer springs
Old 10th October 2020, 15:23   #122
BHPian

I own a 2011 Vento 1.6 TDI. The car has done only about 65k km and so far suspension is all stock.

Few days back i was doing a DIY oil change and after doing the procedure i went for a ride and noticed the read right suspension action was very stuff. Noticed this within a km or less into the ride. Got down and compressed both sides of the rear and yes one was hardly moving.

Remembered that it was maybe because i had lifted the car for access and the rear tyre was off the ground damper might have gotten fully extended and stuck in that position. Few days of riding and it is still the same. It seems I am headed for new dampers.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation with VW or any other dampers getting stuck sue to extension? And what are the options available for me in the market? Do not want to compromise on my handling. Early Vento cars have a better handling than newer ones and i want something that matches or improves that characteristic without breaking the bank.

Thanks.
Old 16th August 2021, 10:37   #123
BHPian

Installed Monroe front Shock absorbers and TRW Rear shock absorbers just before a 1000km round trip to Chennai and Pondi from Bangalore. Car rides much better now. Theres less dive under hard braking and less bouncing around after going over a speed-breaker or a pothole.

Will be upgrading to 16" GTR Pro wheels with Yokohama S Drive 195/55 R16 tyres this week. Will probably need lowered springs after this, especially for the rear as the wheel arch gap is too much. Considering Eibach, Cobra and MTS.
Old 24th August 2021, 18:34   #124
BHPian

Where can I get this done for my Skoda Rapid in Bangalore?
Old 29th September 2021, 00:04   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
Installed Monroe front Shock absorbers and TRW Rear shock absorbers just before a 1000km round trip to Chennai and Pondi from Bangalore. Car rides much better now. Theres less dive under hard braking and less bouncing around after going over a speed-breaker or a pothole.
Quoting this post.
Where did you get the Monroe and trw shocks?
Did you consider Gabriel's?
How is the ride at low speeds and passanger comfort?
Precise model numbers will help!
Old 30th September 2021, 11:40   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Quoting this post.
Where did you get the Monroe and trw shocks?
Did you consider Gabriel's?
How is the ride at low speeds and passanger comfort?
Precise model numbers will help!
Both are available on Boodmo.

Gabriel is what came stock and I was not happy with how poorly damped they were. They really are a cheap cost cutting measure by VW & Skoda India.

Ride and comfort has certainly improved, though I have also upgraded wheels and tyres to 16" GTR Pro and Yokohama S Drive 195/55R16. Low speed ride over speedbumps and potholes are not as soft as they were before yes, but most importantly, it settles down immediately after the bump, rather than before where it continues to pitch and yaw back and forth one the speedbump is cleared. Body roll seems to have ever so slightly reduced and the rear especially is much more tight and rigid than before.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! TRW Struts in my VW Vento-img_1698.jpg  

TheParsiStig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:35   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Both are available on Boodmo.

Gabriel is what came stock and I was not happy with how poorly damped they were. They really are a cheap cost cutting measure by VW & Skoda India.

Ride and comfort has certainly improved, though I have also upgraded wheels and tyres to 16" GTR Pro and Yokohama S Drive 195/55R16. Low speed ride over speedbumps and potholes are not as soft as they were before yes, but most importantly, it settles down immediately after the bump, rather than before where it continues to pitch and yaw back and forth one the speedbump is cleared. Body roll seems to have ever so slightly reduced and the rear especially is much more tight and rigid than before.
Hi Paris Stig,

Installed Front shock absorber Part number – M16P02249 and Rear shock absorber Part number- M2N3G1270 both from Monroe obviously, on my Honda Brio Petrol car & i have regrets now.

Ride is very bouncy and cannot handle even simplest of undulations, potholes, bad roads or humps. Spring action is extremely poor for an essentially brand new shock from MONROE.
Tremendous pitch and yaw for both the front/rear passengers in the bad roads of Bangalore.

I am quite surprised to note that your ride settles down, after installing these MONROE ones.
I have sought help from the manufacturer itself (TENNECO), failing which i will go back to OEM (Munjal Showa).

I am driving to Mysore for Diwali, the true test results will be outed once i go on the pothole strewn roads on NH 275
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 16:33   #128
BHPian

Quote:
I am quite surprised to note that your ride settles down, after installing these MONROE ones.
I have sought help from the manufacturer itself (TENNECO), failing which i will go back to OEM (Munjal Showa).
Im sure they'll get back to you saying either your springs or the bump stops are worn out. You may have to be persistent and tell them those are fine.
TheParsiStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 15:01   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Paris Stig,

Installed Front shock absorber Part number – M16P02249 and Rear shock absorber Part number- M2N3G1270 both from Monroe obviously, on my Honda Brio Petrol car & i have regrets now.
Any update on this?
The front shocks of my Chevrolet sail seem to be bad after 30000 km.
I recently changed the mounting bush and the vehicle is so bouncy after that. Shocks were found to be tight during the disassembly.
In boodmo there are OEM and Monroe shocks available. After reading this, I am doubting Monroe. How is their after-sales support? Do they replace the shocks? Or are they even responsive?
sac23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 16:20   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac23 View Post
Any update on this?
The front shocks of my Chevrolet sail seem to be bad after 30000 km.
I recently changed the mounting bush and the vehicle is so bouncy after that. Shocks were found to be tight during the disassembly.
In boodmo there are OEM and Monroe shocks available. After reading this, I am doubting Monroe. How is their after-sales support? Do they replace the shocks? Or are they even responsive?
I spoke to the customer care at Monroe shocks and finally got a full refund.
They commanded the retailer from whom i purchased (Jhade Automobiles, Bengaluru) to issue a full refund once i returned the damper back.

I have since gone back to the Honda OEM dampers and ride is pliant now.
If you need senior contacts in Monroe, do P.M me and i shall provide them.

Not sure, if i can publicly post phone numbers or mail ID's of senior company personnel directly on the forum.

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 17th February 2022 at 16:22. Reason: whatever
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:52   #131

Guys a question for the experienced crowd here. Have a 2013 1.6 TDI which runs well apart from the suspension setup which is pretty much dead. The car has done about 85K and otherwise is in pristine condition. But we have completed a month less than 9 years on the car and due to the 10 year rule in NCR will have to do something about it. We haven’t really decided what it is we plan on doing. One of the two options is to sell it around jan - feb next year. The other option is to keep the car which might be a slightly risky bet because if a cop in delhi stops us, it could mean trouble, but apart from going to Delhi we’re pretty much sorted because I live in Noida and police does not conduct regular stops and stuff. To reiterate, we haven’t decided what we’re going to do.
Now, the car is absolutely begging for a suspension change.
Considering the costs/time/situation what would you guys suggest? And if we decide to go ahead with the suspension rework, which suspensions? OEMs or TRWs or something else? Costs ?

Last edited by Maverick3094 : 8th March 2022 at 22:02. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 29th May 2022, 12:29   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Rear struts + regular update at 35,000 kms is up here , all the stock OE struts had a VW- Made in India sticker on them and lasted only 34,000 kms.
Hello, Newbie here. Our vento (14-15) dsg has covered 195k kms. And are on stock setup as far as i remember, now the ride and handling has been deteriorated , have decided and sourced SACHS 314 717 struts but couldn't find the rear shocks.

The polo shocks can be arranged. Do i go with these or TRW shocks For 3600 ?

Also rear springs seem to not hold the weight properly and compress too much under load even for 4 people.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th May 2022 at 15:01. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Old 2nd June 2022, 23:10   #133

Hello could someone share the part number for rear TRW shocks for vento.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Installed Monroe front Shock absorbers and TRW Rear shock absorbers
Why Monroe specifically for the front and TRW for the rear? I have a 1.2TSI Vento that's due for a front suspension overhaul, hence the question. Thanks!
Old 14th June 2022, 21:09   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Why Monroe specifically for the front and TRW for the rear? I have a 1.2TSI Vento that's due for a front suspension overhaul, hence the question. Thanks!
Could not source Monroe for the rear. Ideally I would've liked Sachs Eurospec dampers all around but there was no availability that time. I've heard TRWs in the front can wear out prematurely. Hence I went for Monroe in the front which costed nearly double.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks