Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 18:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

At launch, it looked like a LOT of auto parts had only 1 or 2 pieces in stock. I guess Amazon did this to just widen their "fulfilled by" product range and also test the waters in terms of popularity of the OEM parts.

cya
R
Exactly Rehaan.
Even I observed that all the available parts were exactly 2 in stock.
Even the wipers that I bought were 2 in stock and now 1 remaining.
For a trial I opened each available part for Beat and all were 2 in stock.
The supplier (forgot the name) must have been testing the market trend. Once it is a hit (which it will be), they would start building up their inventory :thumbsup

EDIT:: The replacement OEM parts were all Amazon Fulfilled.
Standard products like floor mats, interior and exterior care products were a mix of AF and non AF.
If an OEM part is Amazon Fulfilled, that makes half the job easy for Amazon !!
I don't really care whether standard products like floor mats and carcare produts are AF or not. Reason being no such guarantee offered by competitors like Flipkart or Snapdeal.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 20th February 2015 at 18:52.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 20:13   #17
BHPian

Re: Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store

I have already bought a couple of items and the best part is some of them are priced with discounts. Plus you have the advantage of Amazon Fulfilled items with zero delivery charges and no minimum amount for COD. I just hope the inventory gets bigger and better.
Old 20th February 2015, 21:27   #18
BHPian

This is great news! Finally there is a reliable online store from where I can buy tyvek dupont cover. I have been planning to get one for some time! For now, added 2 my shaldan cans to my cart.
Old 21st February 2015, 08:28   #19

That is good news!

However, not to play down Amazon's foray, there are many other websites already catering to vehicle parts online. In 2013, I had purchased a cover for my Swift from CarDekho.com - they were pretty efficient in the whole process.

But again, Amazon's foray will definitely increase competition and drive down prices.
shubhox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 10:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhox View Post
...there are many other websites already catering to vehicle parts online. In 2013, I had purchased a cover for my Swift from CarDekho.com - they were pretty efficient in the whole process.
Correction - Car Cover is NOT Car Part. It is an Accessory and numerous sites are selling them
We are talking about OEM Car Parts - Like brake pads, engine parts, suspension parts, gear box parts, clutch parts, etc.

These were sold only over the counter at dealerships / A.S.S, or Online on international websites. This is a first in India.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 12:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Have a question for fellow shoppers on Amazon.in.

If you all remember, Chevrolet Beat comes with Alloy-Lookalike steel rims and do not fit the standard wheel caps.
Because of this, there is no option to enhance the looks of the wheel of Chevy Beat.

HERE is a discussion and image of the same.

Upon surfing Amazon.in, I came across Wheel caps for Chevrolet Beat !!
So what this seller is selling, will it fit the steel rims of Chevy Beat ?
I have raised a question with the seller, but would like to know your inputs as well.

If these fit, then I will place an order immediately !! No need to migrate to alloys !

Chevrolet Beat Alloy-Lookalike Steels wheels:

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-chevy_beat_01.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Wheel Caps:

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-capture2.jpg

My Question to Seller:

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-capture.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 13:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Have a question for fellow shoppers on Amazon.in.

If you all remember, Chevrolet Beat comes with Alloy-Lookalike steel rims and do not fit the standard wheel caps.
Because of this, there is no option to enhance the looks of the wheel of Chevy Beat.

These wheel cap covers sit on top of the stock steel wheels.

Why would you want to buy those plastic wheel caps? They are not reliable and wont last very long.

The stock steel wheels look very good IMHO.

The items listed by you are NOT amazon fulfilled.
Its best this be avoided.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 21st February 2015 at 13:11.
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 15:01   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Not all parts are available as of now i guess it will take time. i looked up a civic air filter , they have one which retails at 1200 bucks while i got a similar one for 450 outside.
Did you by any chance look for the Pollution and Pollen filter in the AC. This is not even listed by Honda India. There is a graphic but no part listed under it. I am told the Accord and the Civic share the same filter. I had bought a FRAM one from eBay.in for about ₹2k a couple of years ago.

One annoying thing we find with Amazon.in there are many things they will not deliver to Kanpur. In fact a friend found that he could not get books to Guwahati from them. So he paid a bit more to get them from Flipkart. I could get Kitchen knives to my son in Gurgaon but they will not ship to Kanpur!

Last edited by sgiitk : 21st February 2015 at 15:03.
Old 23rd February 2015, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Jopasu is a seller listed in Car & Motorcycle department and I just ordered a duster from them.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 13:39   #25
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I jumped in and ordered a Bosch air filter for our i10
I received the air filter today - well in time, as has always been the case with an Amazon Fulfilled order. The part was manufactured in June 2014 at the Bosch factory in Adugodi, Bengaluru. It was dispatched from Amazon's warehouse in Mewat (Haryana). The printed MRP is ₹ 300, and I got it for ₹ 291 with free delivery:

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-image.jpg

Amazon India can do roaring business by just stocking all the parts/lubricants made by companies like Bosch, Hella, Philips, Osram, K & N, BMC, Purolator, NGK, Champion, Shell, Mobil, Castrol etc.

If they also sell OEM parts for most cars (like they do for Chevrolet ones now), then Amazon India can quite easily become the General Patters Road of the virtual world (G.P. Road for Chennai, or the equivalent new parts markets in other cities), without being limited to a single city!

Others like Flipkart can be expected to join the fray soon. Ratan Tata has made a big investment in Snapdeal, so one can't rule them out either. The best thing is, online retailing is surely coming of age in India.

Last edited by RSR : 24th February 2015 at 13:41.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 18:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Did you by any chance look for the Pollution and Pollen filter in the AC. This is not even listed by Honda India. There is a graphic but no part listed under it. I am told the Accord and the Civic share the same filter. I had bought a FRAM one from eBay.in for about ₹2k a couple of years ago.

One annoying thing we find with Amazon.in there are many things they will not deliver to Kanpur. In fact a friend found that he could not get books to Guwahati from them. So he paid a bit more to get them from Flipkart. I could get Kitchen knives to my son in Gurgaon but they will not ship to Kanpur!
I had heard that these sites do not accept COD orders for certain cities because of track record of returns. However, if they are not accepting orders for Kanpur, it could be a state level taxation related issue.
Old 25th February 2015, 13:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Got the OEM Rear Wiper from Amazon.
Good packaging. It came along with Pampers diapers that I had ordered (got them at a whopping 31% discount, compared to 5% elsewhere) !

Here are some pictures of the product along with part number. This is Bosch manufactured, Chevrolet Branded.

Way to go Amazon.

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150225-13.37.48.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150225-13.38.18.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150225-13.38.02.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150225_124213.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 25th February 2015 at 13:43.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 14:51   #28
BHPian

Bought a few OE parts from Amazon for my Beat and as usual Amazon delivered at my doorstep in excellent packing.

Brake Caliper Pin with Guide
(One of the item was not in stock with the GM but luckily I got the last pair from Amazon)

Rear Suspension Shocks

Fog Lamp Assembly (Got only one side, other part sourced from GM, but it took almost 15 mins to get it billed at GM!)

Pricing: Same as the ASS

Pros:
No waste of time in dropping at SVC and waiting for the items to get it billed. Here at Amazon, items were well packed and delivered at doorstep within 3 days

Peace of Mind: If you are not happy with the item, Amazon will take it back and full refund is guaranteed.

Its hard to get all the OE parts from the ASS as it's their main cash cow in the form of labour charges. By this, one can get it done from the trusted FNM at a near margin labour charges. No more hidden labour charges. We all know how they rip us by raising bills by simply listing out some works

Cons: NONE as of now!!

Kudos to Amazon, and heard that they are coming with the more departments like this and has become the India's largest Internet retailer. Amazon’s greatest strength is that “its customer relationships are inherently one-to-one, more akin to what telecoms and banks have with their customers. No wonder Flipkart and Snapdeal have lost their supremacy in retailing with this kind of prompt service.

Few snaps of recent shopping from Amazon
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150224_121555.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150224_122027.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150223_154402.jpg
sajjt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 15:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

With Chevrolet putting over 200 items on AMAZON, amazing times are coming ahead..
These are the brands that have listed their products, so far.
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-new-picture-1.jpg

Raab rakha.
Old 25th February 2015, 15:09   #30
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the Chevy owners are having a field day!

I really want Amazon to stock the basic spares and replacements so it is easy for the owners to buy them and head to the neighbourhood FNG to get the car serviced instead of going to the authorized service centers. A few car manufacturers have already started retailing the spares over-the-counter, Hyundai being the most recent one to.

VW and Skoda
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks