Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2015, 15:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store

A bhpian recently got front struts on his Cruze replaced for roughly 16,000/- a pair. The same parts on Amazon are for 11,000/- a pair and delivered to your doorstep. Good to see that the parts will be sold directly by Chevrolet.

This seems like a great start for DIYers who prefer to buy their own parts but have to drive down to an auto spares market in their respective cities.
moralfibre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 18:01   #32
BHPian

This is definitely a welcome break. Just got my cruze today for ASS . After 4.5 years and 70k km, they have recommended me to change all four Shockers. They have quoted me following for the front shocker (Right Side)

1. Front right shocker - 5800
2. Link Rod - 1500
3. Upper Mount - 2000
4. Labor - 700 (approx)

Checked the price at Amazon and there is hardly any difference. Also if one has taken an extended warrranty then I am not sure if it would be valid if one uses spares from vendors other than Chevrolet ASS.

Whats your view on this ? Do you recommend getting all fours shockers from ASS of Chevrolet ?

Regards

INV

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Excellent opportunity for the OEM community to tie up with Amazon, create microsites and sell original parts. That way, they comply to the CCI order in both spirit and practice and provide a huge reach to us consumers!

Seems to have partly started. First time I am seeing Cruze consumables being sold like this.

Way to go, Amazon!
Old 25th February 2015, 18:07   #33
BHPian

Ordered following stuff on last Friday,
1. 3M Car shampoo
2. 3M dashboard dresser
3. My Shaldan air freshner

As always, the service was super smooth. The package was delivered today. One day in advance.

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150225_172830.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150225_172933.jpg

Noticed new packaging material this time. SealedAir. Very nice
mp417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 10:29   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
After 4.5 years and 70k km, they have recommended me to change all four Shockers. They have quoted me following for the front shocker (Right Side)

1. Front right shocker - 5800
2. Link Rod - 1500
3. Upper Mount - 2000
4. Labor - 700 (approx)

Also if one has taken an extended warrranty then I am not sure if it would be valid if one uses spares from vendors other than Chevrolet ASS.

Whats your view on this ? Do you recommend getting all fours shockers from ASS of Chevrolet ?
Maybe not the correct thread for this particular discussion but just wanted to highlight that Chevy ASC had replaced my front shockers/struts at around 40k km due to my insistence on checking niggling noises. My Cruze is at 57k km now and all is well.

In case you do have an extended warranty, I would suggest that you stick to Chevy ASC for the sake of mental peace and because the price difference is marginal. From what I can see Amazon is selling the shocks at the MRP itself.

I myself am contemplating rear brake pads (Amazon: Rs. 7,044, ASC: Ra. 7,800) but will stick to ASC for warranty purposes.
Old 26th February 2015, 19:19   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Checked the price at Amazon and there is hardly any difference. Also if one has taken an extended warranty then I am not sure if it would be valid if one uses spares from vendors other than Chevrolet ASS.

If your car is under warranty (even extended warranty) then all jobs pertaining to the car be linked with Chevrolet ASC. If not then buy parts from Amazon and get it fit at an FNG. Here you should be having good contacts with the FNG for a clean and good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
In case you do have an extended warranty, I would suggest that you stick to Chevy ASC for the sake of mental peace and because the price difference is marginal.
+1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received my ordered items yesterday evening. Good packaging and decent delivery timings.

Formula 1 Sponge:
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150226_171157.jpg

Micro Fibre cloth:
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150226_171212.jpg

Bug and Tar remover:
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150226_171225.jpg

ArmorAll Car wash Shampoo:
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-20150226_171237.jpg

Had ordered Sonax Shampoo actually but half an hour later I got an email from Amazon stating it is out of stock. So ordered the ArmorAll shampoo.

Was waiting for these so that I could do wash my car after ages.

The sponge is a good product IMO along with two MF cloth for cleaning and drying purpose.

With the Bug cleaner, life is better now.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 10:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have a white car and tar deposits are eating my head. Does that Abra bug and tar remover work?
Old 27th February 2015, 10:31   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I have a white car and tar deposits are eating my head. Does that Abra bug and tar remover work?
It’s an entry level product just like Formula 1’s tar remover. If you are really serious, get the Car Pro Tar X. Expensive for a 500 mL bottle but works very effectively.

Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 11:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Is it safe to use on paint?
Old 27th February 2015, 12:06   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Yes. It does work. Go ahead and get one. I have just bought the same as the time and road of travel I do, has a million bugs that bug me to death when it is time to clean the front end.

Used the cleaner yesterday and it did clean out 90% of the bugs on the cars body. Wanted to use it on the front windshield but the 'Instructions' say NOT to be used on Automotive Glass! Not sure why!

I have raised a question on this already but yet to receive a reply for the same.
Old 27th February 2015, 12:28   #40
BHPian

Some of their prices would take time to settle down, it seems.

I was shocked to see Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 4 liters listed at INR 4999, while the humble 99rpm sells it at INR 3,185!

Links for reference:

http://www.amazon.in/Shell-Helix-550...5019989&sr=1-1

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/oils-fluid...-5w-40-4l.html

But overall, amazon entering this segment is something I have been waiting for ever since they entered India.

Edit: OMG! They have Iron X!! http://www.amazon.in/CarPro-ix500-Ir...eywords=iron+x

Last edited by vipul_singh : 27th February 2015 at 12:31.
Old 28th February 2015, 16:14   #41
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone knows where to buy the 3M AC Coil and louvre spray, cannot find it online, any distributor in Bangalore?

Had got it sprayed in my previous car, at around 750 Rs at HSR layout 3M, but they refused to sell the can :(

Regards
Shailesh
Old 4th March 2015, 12:25   #42
BHPian

Got the Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator from Amazon today. I had ordered it on Monday with a delivery date March 10 and was surprised that they delivered it so quick. The cost incurred was Rs. 2,750.00 (zero shipping charges). The best part is this fits snugly into the tank bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-amazon.jpg  

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-slime-box.jpg  

Snehal Sekhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Got the Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator from Amazon today.
=======The best part is this fits snugly into the tank bag.
Did you use it? Please share the feedback, definitely interested to pick one up for the bike
Old 4th March 2015, 13:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did you use it? Please share the feedback, definitely interested to pick one up for the bike
Not yet Jaggu! Will do so over the weekend and will post a review once I do. But as much as I've heard it does a good job except that the tire guage not being very accurate, so I think I may have to inflate 1 or 2 PSI more than the recommended pressure.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 13:22   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post

Not yet Jaggu! Will do so over the weekend and will post a review once I do. But as much as I've heard it does a good job except that the tire guage not being very accurate, so I think I may have to inflate 1 or 2 PSI more than the recommended pressure.
Why not get a separate gauge to monitor the pressure rather than depending upon the gauge provided on the inflator?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks