Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2015, 15:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store

The online shopping space is getting more versatile by the second. While electronics and clothing are among the more popular purchases, Amazon.in has launched the Car and Motorbike store with over 22,000+ automotive parts and accessories from multiple Indian and international brands including 3M, Meguiar’s, Shell, Vega, K&N, Hella and Philips among others.

The range blankets products like engine oils, additives, filters, car shampoos, polishes, headlights, seat covers, car covers, fenders, wind deflectors, car vacuum cleaners, spark plugs, car electronics, riding gear, helmets and more. The Car & Motorbike Store on Amazon.in has been divided into four sub-stores - vehicle care, motorbike accessories & parts, car accessories and car parts - for easy access.

Third party sellers such as TAMS, Vheelocity, Diosstore, Pegasus Premium, Olympia Industries Ltd and Autofurnish India have signed up on the Amazon India marketplace to offer their selection to a wider customer base.

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-unnamed-2.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-unnamed-3.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-unnamed-1.jpg

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-unnamed.jpg
Tushar is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 16:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store

That's really good news. I have always considered Amazon supreme in the e-retailing business, and it is good to see that they are widening their range of products in India as well.

I haven't checked out the page yet, but I hope to see a large number of meaningful automotive products on sale. Fingers crossed!
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 16:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This has been in the works since a while. When Amazon enters a new segment, you can be sure there has been solid preparation behind it.

Just ran a quick search for 'Honda Civic' & 'Nissan Sunny'. I see Mobil 1 engine oil, brake pads, K&N filters, wiper blades, floor mats, HID conversion kits etc.

Bridgestone & MRF are also official sellers on Amazon. This is only the start. I don't see any reason why the known names (Methods Automotive, Petes, RaceDynamics, N1racing etc.) shouldn't list their products on Amazon.

Tip: For better service, buy items under Amazon Fulfilled.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 17:24   #4
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hooray! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I jumped in and ordered a Bosch air filter for our i10 (₹ 291, with the order fulfilled by Amazon).

Their selection isn't big at the moment, but it is sure to grow! I hope Amazon India puts in a policy of verifying the genuineness of the products sold, especially the parts (at least based on buyer feedback). There are loads of fake parts in the market masquerading as genuine ones (sometimes with almost exactly the same manufacturer branding and packaging) and these should be kept out of Amazon India.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 17:58   #5
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2015 at 14:49.
petrolhead_neel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th February 2015, 18:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have already started purchasing. ordered F1 Scratch out for Rs.350.
they have listed a lot of items though the descriptions are somewhat wrong and misguided.
Hope it takes sometime to place everything suitable.
Good Luck Amazon.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 18:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I hope Amazon India puts in a policy of verifying the genuineness of the products sold
It his highly unlikely that you will get a non-genuine product if you buy a product that is fulfilled by Amazon (FBA).

The way FBA works is that vendors ship their products to Amazon's fulfilment centers. These are verified and stocked in massive warehouses and subsequently shipped by Amazon themselves. That considerably reduces the risk of products not being genuine and products not being shipped on time.

I've worked at Amazon and I've seen how FBA works. It's quite wonderful.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 19:16   #8
BANNED

I have just bought the following:

1) Abro Bug and Tar remover
2) Formula 1 Super sponge
3) 3M Micro fibre cloth.

All are Amazon Fulfilled and the best part is the delivery will be by tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I hope Amazon India puts in a policy of verifying the genuineness of the products sold, especially the parts (at least based on buyer feedback).
Anything that is Amazon fulfilled will be genuine and the automotive section being freshly launched they won't risk their reputation.

Hope they maintain it that way.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th February 2015 at 19:19.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 06:48   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent opportunity for the OEM community to tie up with Amazon, create microsites and sell original parts. That way, they comply to the CCI order in both spirit and practice and provide a huge reach to us consumers!

Seems to have partly started. First time I am seeing Cruze consumables being sold like this.

Way to go, Amazon!
Attached Thumbnails
Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-screenshot_20150220065411.png  

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th February 2015 at 06:56. Reason: Screenshot
itwasntme is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 11:20   #10
BHPian

This is a good move and may become a platform for even the manufacturers to allow genuine sales of spares in open market with not much of additional logistics on their part.
Old 20th February 2015, 11:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is just brilliant !!
The big daddy selling OEM Parts online !!!

I was looking for suspension bush and fellow member sajjt recommended the link to the OEM part on Amazon. Sad it just went out of stock :(

I was also searching for the perfect fit replacement for the rear wiper, and Amazon got the OEM one. Just now ordered one.

Big daddy - Amazon India - launches Car & Motorcycle Online Store-1.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 16:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well, this is just what the doctor ordered for.

I was looking out for K&N filters for both my cars and then I saw this news flash yesterday on Team BHP and straight away ordered a K&N filter each for my Swift and Brio.

And guess what, the items are already out for delivery toady.

So, now I have peace of mind that I have bought the genuine stuff and in case if I have any issues with the product, I can easily return it back.

The other product that caught my eye was the STP Octane booster, which I had been hunting for sometime now. Its an other thing that I am still not sure, whether it actually boosts the octane level after reading the various reviews talking against it.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 17:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Not all parts are available as of now i guess it will take time. i looked up a civic air filter , they have one which retails at 1200 bucks while i got a similar one for 450 outside. We will need to wait and watch for their range of products to grow after all they have just started selling. I seriously hope we can buy oe products for cars whose production has been stopped eg the Civic.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 18:23   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I was looking for suspension bush and fellow member sajjt recommended the link to the OEM part on Amazon. Sad it just went out of stock
At launch, it looked like a LOT of auto parts had only 1 or 2 pieces in stock. I guess Amazon did this to just widen their "fulfilled by" product range and also test the waters in terms of popularity of the OEM parts.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 18:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
At launch, it looked like a LOT of auto parts had only 1 or 2 pieces in stock. I guess Amazon did this to just widen their "fulfilled by" product range and also test the waters in terms of popularity of the OEM parts.

cya
R
I agree, I noticed the same thing and in fact got a 'sold out' error for a product that was still showing as "2 in stock" on the description page. I ordered F1 premium liquid wax, 3M glass cleaner and F1 upholstery cleaner and it's already in transit, all Amazon fulfilled.

Wanted to order Sonax cockpit spray as well but since it wasn't Amazon fulfilled, dropped it while checking out. Not that there would've been a problem with the non Amazon-fulfilled setup, but didn't want to take a chance during this initial stage.

Would love to see this expand further and hopefully become a one-stop shop. This must not be great news for the autotrends.in portal.

Cheers
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks