Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 20:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaystephen11 View Post
Buying from Car-equipment is cool, u may or may not pay customs, The front grill is painted glossy black. Wrapping is not possible

You have got me thinking. Have dropped a message on their site but haven't heard from them yet. Did you change the steering wheel yourself or Autopsyche did it?
Do you have to remove the chrome surround to paint it? Is it easy to do?
Where did you get it done? And finally how much did it cost?
Phew! Thanks in advance!
Old 10th March 2015, 21:55   #17
BHPian

AutoPsyche did all my mods for me! They are really good and know their stuff! I recommend them hands down!!

The chrome was sanded down a bit and then layered with a primer and paint followed by a generous layer of clear coat to get the black chrome look. This too was done at AutoPsyche.
1. The wheels+diffuser+front grill+ fittment was 6k.
2. The dynavin and sheering install was another 6k
3. Carbon fibre wrap was done at 3M costed about 4k
4. All interior LED replacement and puddle LED, I did myself. Fog light/cornering light Led replacement I did myself

It's a huge task and ur heart will break as the car is torn apart, but these guys did a great job. The car came out like new after the job was done!

Next on the list is the ECU remap+Tyre/rim change(waiting for funds:-( )
akshaystephen11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 09:09   #18
BHPian

Re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Quote:
AutoPsyche did all my mods for me! They are really good and know their stuff! I recommend them hands down!!

The chrome was sanded down a bit and then layered with a primer and paint followed by a generous layer of clear coat to get the black chrome look. This too was done at AutoPsyche.
1. The wheels+diffuser+front grill+ fittment was 6k.
2. The dynavin and sheering install was another 6k
3. Carbon fibre wrap was done at 3M costed about 4k
4. All interior LED replacement and puddle LED, I did myself. Fog light/cornering light Led replacement I did myself

It's a huge task and ur heart will break as the car is torn apart, but these guys did a great job. The car came out like new after the job was done!

Next on the list is the ECU remap+Tyre/rim change(waiting for funds:-( )
Hey buddy. Good stuff. I got the leds you mentioned. However please send me the link for the fog led/ cornering light leds.

Also, where did you get the plates and frame from?

And can you click a pic with a map on screen? cant make up my mind on what to do for the gps upgrade.

We both might have a lot of similarity in our cars as I had the exact same thoughts for the roof/mirrors and spoiler. Will probably just get chrome accents on the exhaust area of the diffuser.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 12th March 2015 at 09:11.
Old 12th March 2015, 09:15   #19
BHPian

Hey man!!

The links to the LED fog lamps :

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...ulb-h11-black/
or
http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...og-lights-75w/
or
http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...ght-bulb-cree/

These are canbus error free and just plug and play. But have a slight blueish colour to it. I will be upgrading to HIDs

I am telling you that the maps are complete crap.. Do not waste money on that now. Wait for something better to come. Trust me!
Old 12th March 2015, 09:34   #20
BHPian

Re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Quote:
Hey man!!

The links to the LED fog lamps :

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...ulb-h11-black/
or
http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...og-lights-75w/
or
http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...ght-bulb-cree/

These are canbus error free and just plug and play. But have a slight blueish colour to it. I will be upgrading to HIDs

I am telling you that the maps are complete crap.. Do not waste money on that now. Wait for something better to come. Trust me!
Wokay. The steering is from here as well right?
Old 12th March 2015, 09:37   #21
BHPian

No steering is from one of the Skoda dealership in Prague. A friend got it for me
Old 14th March 2015, 14:25   #22
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Octavia...with some modifications

Quote:
No steering is from one of the Skoda dealership in Prague. A friend got it for me
Buddy. Can you send me the specific part number of the wheel? I have a friend in Bath and there is a skoda dealership there. I shall have it sourced accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Also, number plate frame source please.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 14th March 2015 at 14:34.
Old 14th March 2015, 14:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Buddy. Can you send me the specific part number and picture of the wheel? I have a friend in Bath and there is a skoda dealership there. I shall have it sourced accordingly. Thanks in advance.
Ask him to get this:

Part Number : 5E0419091AQ-HTH Red or
5E0419091AQ-HTH Silver

There is a $100 difference between the red and sliver(red is more expensive)
akshaystephen11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 18:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

Akshay, I am guessing you were able to reuse the steering airbag from your stock steering?
Old 14th March 2015, 19:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy. Can you send me the specific part number of the wheel? I have a friend in Bath and there is a skoda dealership there. I shall have it sourced accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Also, number plate frame source please.

Call one for me too pls!
Old 15th March 2015, 00:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Ask him to get this:

Part Number : 5E0419091AQ-HTH Red or
5E0419091AQ-HTH Silver

There is a $100 difference between the red and sliver(red is more expensive)
Akshay! Number plate and frame contact please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Call one for me too pls!
Adi, he will revert on monday after going to the dealership. If its available, I shall ask him. The dealerships store guy was on leave today. Its platinum Skoda in Bath, UK.
Old 15th March 2015, 08:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks for the compliments!!

I am actually quite disappointed with the dynavin decoder cause I spent around 40K and got cheap nonsense!! So I suggest you hold on till something better comes. I was planning to get the columbusII for the car.
You're welcome, Akshay
As for the Columbus II, I couldn't find it either on cars-equipment.com or SuperSkoda. It is, however, available at www.volkswagen-navigationsystem.co.uk for € 1,130 (not sure why a UK site is quoting prices in euros).

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't quite follow - did you get the look of the steering wheel changed (i.e., covered the chrome bits with black)?

Quote:
I wanted to get one of these for a long time, but VagTune was way too expensive, so I forced my friend
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Call one for me too pls!
Quote:
Adi, he will revert on monday after going to the dealership. If its available, I shall ask him. The dealerships store guy was on leave today. Its platinum Skoda in Bath, UK.
Hi Kapil, is there any chance that you could maybe order another steering wheel (5E0419091AQ-HTH Silver) for me too?
I wouldn't want to impose, but thought that maybe a larger order could bring down costs for everybody (purchase price as well as shipping). I fully understand, however, if you're unable or unwilling to make this into a group buy!

Thanks,
Shree
Old 15th March 2015, 11:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
You're welcome, Akshay
As for the Columbus II, I couldn't find it either on cars-equipment.com or SuperSkoda. It is, however, available at www.volkswagen-navigationsystem.co.uk for € 1,130 (not sure why a UK site is quoting prices in euros).

Sorry, I didn't quite follow - did you get the look of the steering wheel changed (i.e., covered the chrome bits with black)?

Hi Kapil, is there any chance that you could maybe order another steering wheel (5E0419091AQ-HTH Silver) for me too?
I wouldn't want to impose, but thought that maybe a larger order could bring down costs for everybody (purchase price as well as shipping). I fully understand, however, if you're unable or unwilling to make this into a group buy!

Thanks,
Shree

Guys, the only way I can get the wheels in bulk is if
1: The dealership has them.
2: The dealership accepts online payments, which you guys can directly do.
3: If you guys are ready to pay delivery charge by Fedex, as even I will have it shipped to me from Bath.

I cannot ask my friend to buy so many and ship. Hes a student. I will ask him to get the store guys number and you guys can directly place the order if the above possibility exists. If not, then I guess the online store cars equipment is the only cheaper choice left. They have it and ship it via fedex.
Old 15th March 2015, 11:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, the only way I can get the wheels in bulk is if
1: The dealership has them.
2: The dealership accepts online payments, which you guys can directly do.
3: If you guys are ready to pay delivery charge by Fedex, as even I will have it shipped to me from Bath.

I cannot ask my friend to buy so many and ship. Hes a student. I will ask him to get the store guys number and you guys can directly place the order if the above possibility exists. If not, then I guess the online store cars equipment is the only cheaper choice left. They have it and ship it via fedex.
Understood, thanks!
Old 15th March 2015, 11:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Akshay! Number plate and frame contact please.
The number Plate and Frame is from AutoPsyche.. you could call Arush and have one ordered and he should be able to send it to you location!

Most Viewed