Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 12:20   #1
BHPian

My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?

Hi,

Looking for some advice from anyone who has done any modding on their Porsche or knows anything about the same.

I've recently added a valvetronic IPE exhaust (without the headers) to my Porsche and want to know if i should do the IPD plenum, throttle body upgrades and ecu remap without adding the IPE headers? will it affect the stock headers?
Old 1st April 2015, 13:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?

There are members like Race Dynamics on Team BHP that could help you. You could pm them and get answers to most of your queries. Meanwhile, would be great if you could up some pics and videos. As far as I can say, its the first time someone has put up this query about a Porsche. Will be following this thread with a keen eye. Good luck! :-)
Old 1st April 2015, 13:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?

I would recommend you talk to Racetech. They do a lot of modifications for exotic cars
Old 1st April 2015, 15:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

You're based out of Bombay - give Toyato Tech a call. Always see a handful of fun and exotic cars parked outside their workshop in Bandra.

Also - since the car is an import, you could google your queries on international forums, as there wouldn't be any change in the specs.
Old 7th April 2015, 20:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
There are members like Race Dynamics on Team BHP that could help you. You could pm them and get answers to most of your queries. Meanwhile, would be great if you could up some pics and videos. As far as I can say, its the first time someone has put up this query about a Porsche. Will be following this thread with a keen eye. Good luck! :-)
Thanks for the info. i will pm RD. Car is at the workshop getting some carbon fiber parts fitted, should be back tomorrow so will post some pics and videos in a day or two! Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I would recommend you talk to Racetech. They do a lot of modifications for exotic cars
Racetech did the IPE install for me! Said an ecu tune wasn't really worth it but i've heard differently from a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
You're based out of Bombay - give Toyato Tech a call. Always see a handful of fun and exotic cars parked outside their workshop in Bandra.

Also - since the car is an import, you could google your queries on international forums, as there wouldn't be any change in the specs.
Can you PM me their number if you have it?

Just posted on an international forum, so let's see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by ajmat : 7th April 2015 at 20:56.
zenzi12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 01:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenzi12 View Post
Hi,

Looking for some advice from anyone who has done any modding on their Porsche or knows anything about the same.

I've recently added a valvetronic IPE exhaust (without the headers) to my Porsche and want to know if i should do the IPD plenum, throttle body upgrades and ecu remap without adding the IPE headers? will it affect the stock headers?
What will give you a noticeable difference in performance will be changing the headers to the IPE ones. Will the cat-con also be removed in this?

I don't think there is much sense in getting the plenum upgrade now. I would say first add headers and possibly an intake too. Check this out -
http://www.fabspeed.com/997-2005-2008/
The cat delete x pipe, intake and headers look interesting.

A remap may add 5% maximum to the total power, which may or may not be worth it depending on the price you are paying for it.
Old 16th November 2015, 23:02   #7
BHPian

Replying on this thread really late but as promised i finally got around to putting up some pictures of my Carrera S!

Picture courtesy Nikhil Rastogi!
Attached Thumbnails
My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?-img_3290.jpg  

My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?-img_3307.jpg  

My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?-img_3421.jpg  

My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?-img_3469.jpg  

My 2005 Porsche Carrera S - Plenum, Throttle Body & ECU Mods without changing Headers?-img_3302.jpg  

Last edited by zenzi12 : 16th November 2015 at 23:03. Reason: needed to give credit to the photographer
zenzi12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 11:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Looks great zenzi! Did you update the tail lights as well? I see a Maroon macan as well. Customer car?
Old 17th November 2015, 12:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Looks great zenzi! Did you update the tail lights as well? I see a Maroon macan as well. Customer car?
Thanks! yes, got the tail lights updated to the 997 second generation along with the bumpers and mirrors. Will put up some interior pics as well, have done some carbon fiber in there too.

That was a Macan Turbo and the picture was taken at a Porsche rally, the car belonged to the dealer.

Most Viewed