Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 19:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Restoration Log - Fiat Palio 1.6L GTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
But with all this amount i have a brand new car that will serve me till eternity and till give me such an immense fun that a modern second hand swift or a polo etc wont even at double the cost.
Oh yes, it surely will! Have a blast!!

Which part of Pune can the car be spotted??

That's an excellent job - a lot of hardwork from your side as well as FASS.

Just some minor questions -

I see that that the (anti) rub strips on the doors and mud flaps are done away with. Any particular reason why?

Tyres appears to be 185/65 R14 - how is the handling / steering beyond 120? (same spec tyres on my car with a fully loaded boot and three adults in the back causes it to scrape over some of the speed breakers - couldn't exactly find the cause; resolved the issue by adding spacers to the rear shocks).

Did you face any issues with the wiring harness during removal and refit?

Saw a bottle of System G in one of the pictures. It really makes a difference in my experience - so hope you continue to use it (drawback being the silencer getting corroded faster. GTX had a stainless silencer, so corrosion shouldn't be an issue)
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 19:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Oh yes, it surely will! Have a blast!!

Which part of Pune can the car be spotted??

That's an excellent job - a lot of hardwork from your side as well as FASS.

Just some minor questions -

I see that that the (anti) rub strips on the doors and mud flaps are done away with. Any particular reason why?

Tyres appears to be 185/65 R14 - how is the handling / steering beyond 120? (same spec tyres on my car with a fully loaded boot and three adults in the back causes it to scrape over some of the speed breakers - couldn't exactly find the cause; resolved the issue by adding spacers to the rear shocks).

Did you face any issues with the wiring harness during removal and refit?

Saw a bottle of System G in one of the pictures. It really makes a difference in my experience - so hope you continue to use it (drawback being the silencer getting corroded faster. GTX had a stainless silencer, so corrosion shouldn't be an issue)
The car can be spotted at FASS, Pandit auto Bawdhan, Pimple Saudagar and enroute Magarpatta city.
The Anti rub strips are still there on the bumpers. They are removed from doors. I feel the strips hide the good design line on the doors. The peculiar strip on palio makes it feels its a old gen palio and spoils the look, so i got rid of them. You might have also noticed that the car is completely debadged.

I dont face any issues with the tyre, they are grippy falkens. I never tried with full load. This is not my primary car. I have three other cars as well. My car never scraped till date. The suspensions are in very good conditions.
System G was the leftover from the very first tank fills when i had bought the car. I no more use it.
All the palios i have seen till date are plagued with rusty exhausts. I too had a rusty ones. I use a Free Flow exhaust now. I simply love the sporty sound this 1.6 litres engine makes.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 21:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

The grey and red combo looks absolutely stunning. Quite a head turner as you mentioned. Please post some interior pics as well. I'm keen to know what is done on the interior.
Old 25th April 2015, 00:17   #34
BHPian

Re: Restoration Log - Fiat Palio GTX

Quote:
Will get matching seats done in Black and Red
Wow, the outcome oozes out the deep love you have for the vehicle... Sorry, correction, not vehicle... your possession.

Well documented too, totally Indian Overhaulin Style sir.

My 2 cents:
Since you have done so much detailed job, go for the 3M matting set and Dynamat / alternative padding for the interiors, doors and flooring. Also get the seats customized and 3M paint protection since matte paints are finger print experts.

The final outcome really has come stunningly awesome though. Cheers !!
Old 25th April 2015, 01:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work done in restoring this beauty. Simply love the thorough job done by Pandit and the paint is simply mind blowing. Would love to see interior pics.

Just one question: Why did you change the original engine? It was only 45k, and the engine is really the USP of the Gtx, so what made you change it?

Did you also endorse the colour and engine change in the RC Book with the RTO?
Old 25th April 2015, 11:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Excellent work done in restoring this beauty. Simply love the thorough job done by Pandit and the paint is simply mind blowing. Would love to see interior pics.

Just one question: Why did you change the original engine? It was only 45k, and the engine is really the USP of the Gtx, so what made you change it?

Did you also endorse the colour and engine change in the RC Book with the RTO?
Yes the original engine was in a very good pristine condition with no issues at all. The 1581 cc is a big bore short stroke engine with bigger valves. I plan to do a lot of performance upgrades via a turbo or NA mode itself and the 1581 CC is a better candidate than the 1596cc.

I havent endorsed anything in the RC book yet.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 22:27   #37
BHPian

You got one amazing ride , man !! I am jealous and happy at the same time. Your post and pics led me straight to olx and check if their was one available in Delhi!

It is definitely a stunning and great looking GTX. Hope to see more updates in the future. I am hooked

Mod Note: SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by GTO : 28th April 2015 at 14:57.
model-t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 01:51   #38
BHPian

Great work amit! Hope to see some good pictures of your ride after the photoshoot we decided to do sometime soon. Kudos to your hard work!
Old 26th April 2015, 07:30   #39
BHPian

Awesome Stuff there, Amit. Cant believe it is the same car that I saw in FASS last year. The color looks good and now you can put a turbo on it and make the fiat 1.6 litre TJET
Old 27th April 2015, 09:46   #40
BHPian

Great stuff Amit. Good to see your efforts have been paid off and the beauti back on road. Whenever I come to the places you listed above, I will keep an eye to spot this machine.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 23:49   #41
BHPian

What an effort Amit and tremendous outcome. It looks so macho, true to a GTX.

The engine change seems a real bold step. Wondering if the two engines have different powerbands or close to each other. Also, new engine would have come with some warranty. If yes, who set the ECU?
Old 29th April 2015, 17:50   #42
BHPian

Wow that is one hell of a transformation Amit. This is one mean looking GTX. You could think of smoking the headlamps as well. That would further strengthen enhance the whole dark custom feel of the car.
Do post some interior pics as well. Would love to see the outcome there.
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 17:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Wow that is one hell of a transformation Amit. This is one mean looking GTX. You could think of smoking the headlamps as well. That would further strengthen enhance the whole dark custom feel of the car.
Do post some interior pics as well. Would love to see the outcome there.
Yes, the next step is to mod the headlights. I am also planning to fit auxilary driving lights which would be integrated in the bumper itself.
Old 30th April 2015, 13:43   #44
BHPian

Hey Amit, Congrats on getting a legend back to life in the form of GTX.
I have a 2011 Linea T-Jet and wish to completely overhaul in ten years time of the car life which would be around 2021 and I will surely say that your car's job has given me the push I need to execute my plans.
But, somehow the dedication and worksmanship you got at Pune FASS seems to be missing in Oberoi Fiat I visit here in Noida. Lets see, I might decide to send it to Pune for the awesome job to be performed. This is my First Fiat and I have thoroughly enjoyed driving the car since 4 years now.
Old 30th April 2015, 15:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the next step is to mod the headlights. I am also planning to fit auxilary driving lights which would be integrated in the bumper itself.
Have you decided what set of projectors you'd want to install? I've been debating between a FXR and Morimoto Mini setup for a while, but am kind of inclined towards the FXR now. I have a Punto and given the big headlight assembly, i think it should be able to accommodate the FXR. Suggestions?

Most Viewed