Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:08   #1
BHPian

Turbo charger/Alloys/Tye Upgade for Petra 1.9D

Hi,

Recently I had bought a 2004 Petra D done around 35,000 kms. Its front tyres have worn out esp the outer rings ones, I sense some issues with the wheel alignment and given it for sevice.

I would like to upgrade all the five tyres to tubeless tyres and if possible a higher wheel size than the 14' at work currently. Can any of you suggest the best recommended upsize upgrade of the Alloys (pefer going for Aura or traxx or neo or hr). Also if I pefer to keep the existing 14' alloys , is it advisable to adorn it with tubless tyres. Pl recommend a good "idle" wider/bigger tyres ....michelin or bridgestone pontezzas ????

Also i had read threads on adding Turbo charger to the cars as modification ..can the same be done to my Petra D to boost the 63 bhp power and a K& Y air filter to increase fuel efficiency ?

Thank you for all your help!
Old 23rd August 2006, 23:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Isn't Petra 1.9D????

U can get 195/60-14 tyres with your existing alloys....
Old 24th August 2006, 02:15   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

dont upgrade to anything bigger than 14" as ur ride quality wud go down.even though the petra has a good suspension,the added weight of the diesel engine on upgraded low profile tyres will be detrimental.a turbocharger will cost you too much and finding the right person for doing the job here is one in a million.you can go for a k&n.
Old 24th August 2006, 15:21   #4
BHPian

Turbo charger/Alloys/Tye Upgade for Petra 1.9D

Thank you for your responses..I would evaluate the conditions of the existing 14' alloys and would go for the 195/60 Tubeless tyres .....will not go fo an upsize if thats at the cost of the ride quality.

Yes, it is 1.9 D ..sorry abt the Typo ..
Old 24th August 2006, 15:59   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

keep us posted on the progress and do post some pics when its done.best of luck.
Old 25th August 2006, 01:30   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivag
Thank you for your responses..I would evaluate the conditions of the existing 14' alloys and would go for the 195/60 Tubeless tyres .....will not go fo an upsize if thats at the cost of the ride quality.

Yes, it is 1.9 D ..sorry abt the Typo ..
If you do choose to upsize, you could move up to R15 185/55 or R15 195/50. While a lower profile will impact ride quality, it will also improve your handling.

If you choose to stay with 14", you can upsize to Hellspawn suggestion if your rims are 5.5 inch section, or go further to R14 205/55 if your rims are 6.00 inch section.

Happy driving!

p.s. I drive on 50 profiles & they need a little care but are reasonable fun.
Old 26th August 2006, 00:12   #7
BHPian

Gauruv, since the PCD is 98 for petra and couldn't find the suitable alloys (btw I am frm chennai) even from HR, Aura etc...........hence got to settle with the existing 14' ones and went for 195/60 Good Year tubless ventura eagle tyres ..v rated ones ..they said its the best and imported as of now ...(am not sure though)!

I am not sure what else I should be modifying my petra ....since its white ...I don't have much leverage in terms of my creativity... thought of mufflers and reasonably goood system ...gonna hunt sometime tomorrow ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks