Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 14:07   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Dont think esteem engine can be put in an Alto without some major modification especially the mounting part.....Its better to get the 1.1.....

The stock 1.1 engine itself is so fast n with your FF n filter it would be more than enough....
I think the same too. 1.1 will be fine for Alto. The thing is a blazer with 65BHP and the FF, filter and some chipping can push out 75+BHP I expect.

I went to fit in an esteem Brake booster yesterday. And guess what???? The esteem booster was smaller in size than the Alto one!! I decided to drop this plan. Now I'm thinking of an upgrade to a Swift Brake booster. It's quiet a bit tight fit in Alto. I hope I can squeeze it in.

But Experts!! Does size (dia) matter in the performance of Brake boosters??
Old 19th September 2006, 14:15   #107
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you give the 1.1L engine a mild turbo job?? It should give out about 90-100 bhp and that would make your car a real cracker. Ask Psycho I'm sure he'll have some nice suggestion for you on this. But if you do that you'll have to revamp most of the stuff including suspension, brakers, bracing etc.
Old 19th September 2006, 19:15   #108
BANNED

My car is just here for some fun driving. It's not intended for a race/drag etc. I just want to add some spice to the normal driving and nothing much. So, a 1.1 engine with Freeflow and K&N extreme would be fine I think. What say??

And I'm still waiting to clear the doubt about brake boosters. For the moment that's very important it seems.
Old 20th September 2006, 07:53   #109
BHPian

Speedzak, did you find the 1.1 ingine? from where and how much?
Old 20th September 2006, 12:21   #110
BANNED

No. I am yet to lay my hands on one.
found some which was destroyed partly in crashes. Still looking for one in nice condition.

Anybody knows of one? lease:
Old 21st September 2006, 11:12   #111
BANNED

Is it possible to get A pillar pods for Alto to fit metres?
And is it possible to fit in the instrument console of Vxi which has rev counter etc..? Has anybody done it?
Old 21st September 2006, 11:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Does size (dia) matter in the performance of Brake boosters??
It is the volume more than the dia itself that matters.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:27   #113
BHPian

Hi Psycho, I too have a modded Alto & wish to upgrade it's woeful brakes. If one is considering the Swift's brakes for the Alto, would one have to replace the entire system ? I meant the booster, master cylinder, brake lines, front disks, front calipers, rear drum assembly, & wheel cylinders. Or would it suffice to change just the disks & calipers alone ?

I really like the way the Swift stops, it's braking is good, at least when compared to the Alto. However, the Alto weighs a good 250 Kgs lesser than the Swift, would the Swift's brakes overwhelm the tires & lock at every stop in the Alto ?

Last edited by im_srini : 11th October 2007 at 20:31.
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:37   #114
BHPian

Hey, so I was wondering if i can replace my 796 cc with the 1061 cc (the original 1.1L) but here's a thought. Have there been any structural modifications to the alto since the 1.1 version was discontinued? If so (and I assume there has been), would that have an adverse effect on the engine swap?
Also, I guess my mileage will come down a bit. I get about 16-17 kmpl in the city with my ac on. How much do you think it'll come down to?

And how does a K&N filter or a FFE work? I mean, one is just filtering the air and the other draws the exhaust out... (sorry but hey, the profile says newbie!!!)
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:04   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
Also, I guess my mileage will come down a bit. I get about 16-17 kmpl in the city with my ac on. How much do you think it'll come down to?
Hi, 16 Kmpl is actually pretty good for city driving, I don't think the 1.1 will be as frugal ! I have a 1.1 & the fuel efficiency figures are between 11 & 13 Kmpl depending on AC usage.

The Alto's engine bay is a good 5" shorter than the Zen's & is extremely crowded. Most knowledgeable people I've asked have indicated that major firewall & engine-bay mods might be needed for a big engine transplant to work.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi, 16 Kmpl is actually pretty good for city driving, I don't think the 1.1 will be as frugal ! I have a 1.1 & the fuel efficiency figures are between 11 & 13 Kmpl depending on AC usage.

The Alto's engine bay is a good 5" shorter than the Zen's & is extremely crowded. Most knowledgeable people I've asked have indicated that major firewall & engine-bay mods might be needed for a big engine transplant to work.
I think engine mountings are need to be changed for accommodating 1.1 in an 800 CC Alto bay. Other than that i don't think there is much change is it as both are same cars except for engine, ECU and mountings. Is gear box different ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
Hey, so I was wondering if i can replace my 796 cc with the 1061 cc (the original 1.1L) but here's a thought. Have there been any structural modifications to the alto since the 1.1 version was discontinued? If so (and I assume there has been), would that have an adverse effect on the engine swap?

And how does a K&N filter or a FFE work? I mean, one is just filtering the air and the other draws the exhaust out... (sorry but hey, the profile says newbie!!!)
If the engine transplant is not done properly it can create a lot of problems.

You mileage is pretty good. Last 2 tanks i have been getting just 12 - 13 with AC 95% but with pretty hard driving, drifts and drags. One of the main culprit it NO ICE in car .

K&N works good. There is considerable increase in FE by 1 or 2 KM MAX but dont get stock K&N. If you can spend more then go for Green WIND a better filter than K&N IMHO.

FFE on 800 CC i would not advice.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I think engine mountings are need to be changed for accommodating 1.1 in an 800 CC Alto bay. Other than that i don't think there is much change is it as both are same cars except for engine, ECU and mountings. Is gear box different ???
I dont think the transmissions are any different (might be wrong here). However, and here's the deal. The current Wagon R setup (a 1.1L) and the old Alto are the same in terms of engine. So, would getting a Wagon R engine make any difference? I mean, come on, the Alto has a bigger crumple zone than the Wagon R does!
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:38   #118
BHPian

my one questoin is which is better over all.
swapping engine with 1.1L or modding .8L engine with turbocharger and performance parts.swapping engine needs transmission parts and paper works too.
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

A very interesting thread!

Zak, so whats happening in this front?
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:07   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
A very interesting thread!

Zak, so whats happening in this front?
The car is now in drag spec. Fully stripped out for max performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks