Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 10:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India

3M Car Care has started provided car care and detailing service at the customers' doorsteps. Dubbed "Store to Door", this service features self-sufficient vans which operate on a 100% plug and play model. They are enabled with resources such as electricity, dry wash that eliminates the need for water and air. These vans offer consumers services such as cleaning and polishing, GermKleen (99% microbe removal from interiors) and Paint Sealant, which the company claims lasts up to 6 months. The services are priced evenly across the stores and the Store to Door concept.

3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India-img_0002.jpg

The mobile car detailing van is GPS and GPRS enabled which tracks the location of the. The van also comes equipped with a television on which customers can view every aspect of the treatment before they opt for the service. Additionally, the van is also equipped with tools for various jobs and DIY material, which can be bought off the shelf by customers.

3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India-img_0004.jpg

Currently, 3M is present at over 1,400 dealerships across the Country and has 50 stores spread across Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Cochin, Gurgaon, New Delhi, Nashik, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Raipur and Kolhapur.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2015 at 06:56.
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 10:28   #2
BHPian

re: 3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India

I hope that they also provide this service to customers who have enrolled for their yearly package.

This is a right step which was very much needed, as one always needs to drive down to 3M Car Care for their services in the absence of pick and drop or store to door service.

If it has been equipped with washing facility, that would have been complete package as 3M generally don't accept vehicles for washing on weekends (at least in Gurgaon) and it is very difficult for employed people like me to get the vehicle washed on weekdays.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2015 at 15:01. Reason: Typos
utsav1303 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2015, 13:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its definitely a nice concept and i am sure they will find enough takers for it but i for one would probably not use it. Going physically to 3M to get work done also means that it is done in a reasonably controlled environment with respect to dust , vehicles being inside rather than outside thus not subject or vulnerable to weather conditions or even birds for that matter. Work will this go on irrespective of what conditions maybe outside, sure bird mess can always be cleaned up but rain cannot be stopped.

Makes a lot of sense for people who have a garage or a properly covered place where the car is parked , i have ample parking but no protection and would be apprehensive about availing of a service like this.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 15:07   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I welcome this move .

Very useful for those of us who can't step out during regular working hours. I got my car detailed at 3M recently; couldn't go any other day but Sunday. Had to wake up early (after a late Saturday night) just to drop her off.

You can bet I'm going to call them down my house. Just hoping that these mobile vans don't compromise on quality in any way.

3M is clearly targeting the large number of independent detailers who get the job done at the customer's location (primarily because these smaller detailers don't have a shop of their own). The rivalry is going to intensify big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
These vans only offer consumers services such as cleaning and polishing, GermKleen (99% microbe removal from interiors) and Paint Sealant
Sweet! All the services that 98% of car owners need (guys like Vid6639 & Rudra fall in the other 2%).

Quote:
50 stores
Clearly a successful business & franchise model. Great to see organised players in a segment that is largely disorganised.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2015 at 15:09.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 15:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India

This is quite the smart decision; given constraints of time and traffic, nothing like having the service at home.

For the peace of mind it offers, I'd even pay a small premium!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 15:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

3M has just launched their door step service in Chennai and Bangalore where they service you at your own location. And I was one of the first in Chennai to receive the door step service.

In Chennai, only the OMR store has launched this. I have been a regular at OMR and religiously use the germi-clean service every 3-4 months. It allows my interiors to be absolutely neat. With hungry kids, dirty cycles and RC equipment being carried, the interiors tend to get very soiled.
As the car interiors are very small, we are susceptible to germs via the AC.

I just completed a 2000kms ride and I badly needed a clean cabin. 3M called me just on time. I must say the service was nothing short of what I have received at their center. As you can see in the pics the Tata Xenon carries all the equipment required to service. The entire unit cost approx 13L and has been well done. It has a portable genset so need for any external power. The canopy covers the car and also is on a big mat that holds the waste and avoids any littering of the area. Also wash is dry so did not see any water being used. Wet wash will be an issue in apartments where they don't allow such services especially use of water and wetting of the area.

The service took almost 2 hours and I got an almost brand new looking interior as always. They also ran a foam through the AC vents which has resulted in a pleasant smell. Cost was Rs 2600. I appreciate the professional approach of Srivant and team. Will certainly continue to use their services.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India-image2.jpg  

3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India-image1.jpg  

mail4ajo is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 13:10   #7

Looks Good!! They carry this tent and all too? This looks really cool.If anyone has the Bangalore phone number, please share here.
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:52   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a guy in Wayanad, who comes to my house & does a very good job.

However, when in Bangalore, Cochin, or Kannur, I've definitely felt the need of having such a person, but no one could guarantee results, and I had to go by word of the mouth, which was not easy. Well, with 3M launching this, you can atleast have a benchmark for services.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
3M has just launched their door step service in Chennai and Bangalore where they service you at your own location. And I was one of the first in Chennai to receive the door step service.
That looks neat! The tent makes it look very professional. I am gonna try this the next time. Are the rates the same?

By any chance does your Jazz have a Got BHP? sticker on the rear left? If yes I have spotted your ride at a cycling marathon held at Tiruporur 10th May(Essar Petrol Bunk). I was also there my mom took part.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
That looks neat! The tent makes it look very professional. I am gonna try this the next time. Are the rates the same?

By any chance does your Jazz have a Got BHP? sticker on the rear left? If yes I have spotted your ride at a cycling marathon held at Tiruporur 10th May(Essar Petrol Bunk). I was also there my mom took part.
Yes, the rates are the same, service also felt the same. Not sure how they make up.

Yes that car is mine and I regularly attend the TCC rides.
mail4ajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Yes, the rates are the same, service also felt the same. Not sure how they make up.

Yes that car is mine and I regularly attend the TCC rides.
Its great to know that the rates are same. I would however wonder how they carry this tent to all places, travel all the places and still charge the same. Maybe that is an introductory offer or something.

Personally, I would be okay to pay a little convenience fee if the work is done at my convenience and my satisfaction.
Old 9th June 2015, 22:31   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishtin View Post
Its great to know that the rates are same. I would however wonder how they carry this tent to all places, travel all the places and still charge the same. Maybe that is an introductory offer or something.

Personally, I would be okay to pay a little convenience fee if the work is done at my convenience and my satisfaction.
I spoke to Srivant a couple of days back and he updated that the prices are introductory prices till June end. Likely to be 10% or so higher for home service than the regular rates.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 23:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Got word that this has been launched here in Bangalore!
And the 3m Store at RMV 2nd Stage is the only store in Bangalore offering this for now.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 13:08   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
I spoke to Srivant a couple of days back and he updated that the prices are introductory prices till June end. Likely to be 10% or so higher for home service than the regular rates.
Great!! Thanks for this info! I hope same is true for Bangalore too. I am willing to call them to my apartment this weekend. Will keep you posted.

By the way, I found their numbers :
Bangalore: 8884355555
Chennai: 31000000.

Cheers!!
Old 15th June 2015, 10:08   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishtin View Post
Great!! Thanks for this info! I hope same is true for Bangalore too. I am willing to call them to my apartment this weekend. Will keep you posted.

By the way, I found their numbers :
Bangalore: 8884355555
Chennai: 31000000.

Cheers!!
I called up the Bangalore number and spoke to Amit. He has promised me an appointment on this weekend as they were totally booked for the week.

I have lot of hard water marks on my car due to somebody's AC water falling directly where I parked on one of the days in recent past. I asked Amit for a solution and he told me that they had one. One thing I liked about them was that he paid a lot of attention to understand what my concern was, and made it easy for me to understand what their Paint Sealant treatment can do for me.

I am excited and waiting to see my car gleaming with pride again after the treatment done, and that too at my comfort. But they must have more vehicles to facilitate growing requirements. I am sure that when compared to anyone else in the market, they will have a better hold as they seem to be well prepared for the business.

If anyone has taken their service at home please share feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks