Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 13:32   #1
BHPian

Original spoiler required for esteem

Will i be able to get a new original type spoiler for my esteem VXI (2004 model) from the showroom? I am trying to contact them.

The car is in Pearl Silver color. I want the orginal model spoiler for my car.

Or iss it like it only comes with the car and there will not be any spare spoiler available in the showroom?

Please help.
Old 28th August 2006, 13:49   #2
BHPian

Ofcourse you will get the spoiler from any reputed MASS/showroom. The last when i checked out the price of the OE spoiler from Maruti when i was gonna buy the Esteem LXI in Jan 2006 was something like 8k which included painting/fitment and all. in the end i deceided to buy an Esteem VXI which came standard with a rear spoiler.

BTW, i have noticed that the BS !!! Esteem VXI's have a slightly more raised rear spoiler which looks better IMHO compared to a flat and straight looking rear spoiler that came in the BS!! (Type 2 as well as Early Type 3) Esteems. Guys correct me if i am wrong

CHEERS+

Last edited by prince85 : 28th August 2006 at 13:51.
Old 28th August 2006, 13:59   #3
BHPian

Ha, the usual group

In bangalore the MGA spoiler would cost 7.5K with paint job. Somehow I don't like the looks though. I am on lookout for an OHC lookalike spoiler, couldn't find a quality one yet
Old 28th August 2006, 14:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
BTW, i have noticed that the BS !!! Esteem VXI's have a slightly more raised rear spoiler which looks better IMHO compared to a flat and straight looking rear spoiler that came in the BS!! (Type 2 as well as Early Type 3) Esteems. Guys correct me if i am wrong
Yes prince you are correct. and it does look better than the old one.

Old 28th August 2006, 14:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
BTW, i have noticed that the BS !!! Esteem VXI's have a slightly more raised rear spoiler which looks better IMHO compared to a flat and straight looking rear spoiler that came in the BS!!
You got my point here prince, i am actually trying to get the BS!!! ka Spoiler. I will be glad if i get that. I will go for it if i get it within 7k. Will it be available in the showroom? Those guys are not responding for my requirements.

Last edited by willy : 28th August 2006 at 14:43.
Old 28th August 2006, 14:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy
You got my point here prince, i am actually trying to get the BS!!! ka Spoiler. I will be glad if i get that. I will go for it if i get it within 7k. Will it be available in the showroom? Those guys are not responding for my requirements.
Its very much avialable in most Mass/Maruti dealers in Mumbai atleast. Try another Maruti Dealer in your place if the one you are talking about is acting wierd.
Old 29th August 2006, 02:14   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

wow 7k for esteem spoiler.a friend of mine bought a new esteem spoiler(the raised one) for rs.1800(painted) from a maruti authorised service station.thats really strange cos the difference in price between the two is extremely large.guys check other places also apart from the dealers.
Because i remember i bought a spoiler for my ford ikon for 6k and 1 week later i saw the exact same onein an accessory shop for 3k.
Old 29th August 2006, 10:22   #8
BHPian

That's a good news to me hellspawn. Will check out in other shops too. But tell me one thing. Is the quality different what you saw in the accessory shop for 3K?
Old 29th August 2006, 22:36   #9

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

they seemed equal in weight and the fit and finish was as good plus the one in the accessory shop had a brake light built into it.one thing you have to make sure of is that it has been painted well.sometimes the painters skip on the bonding material(which allows the paint to stick) thus the paint chips off if you direct high pressure water on it when you give the car for washing.try to find it at good accessory shops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks