Team-BHP - petes performance box for octavia
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   petes performance box for octavia (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/16574-petes-performance-box-octavia.html)

i have been using petes chip on my octavia since last couple of months. what i have noticed is drop in fuel efficiency and lot of smoke from my car?
the other thing which i noticed is that just after servicing my car had a beautiful pickup but after driving it for around 1000 kms pickup drops considerably........is it due to the stock air filter which i am using?
is it normal or the chip should be complemented with a performance air filter ???????
also the air filter change is suggested after every 15000 kms ??? should it be changed more often with the chip....?
long term reviews of the petes chip would be helpful here?(sorry if it is already on the website coulnt find one?
guys please help....thanks in advance

get a K&N filter for ur car, maybe the stock filter is not good enough

This is the first negative feedback that i have read about the Pete's box.
Maybe you should PM the main man himself, Pete is a member here.

So what is pete's PM ? as in what is his ID

His id is 'TurboIndia'

I would recommend using a Green Air filter along with the setup to reduce the smoke, or the other alternative is to reduce the settings on the box marginally. It seems like the car is getting adequate air from the stock air filter when serviced and clean, whn the air filter gets clogged a little it effects the whole performance.

Sounds like its turned up to too high a setting. I've been using the box for a year now and have faced no problems at all. But yes, do get a more free flowing filter - K&N, Pipercross, or as Arush mentioned, Green. You won't notice any difference between them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by autozoniac
i have been using petes chip on my octavia since last couple of months. what i have noticed is drop in fuel efficiency and lot of smoke from my car?
the other thing which i noticed is that just after servicing my car had a beautiful pickup but after driving it for around 1000 kms pickup drops considerably........is it due to the stock air filter which i am using?
is it normal or the chip should be complemented with a performance air filter ???????
also the air filter change is suggested after every 15000 kms ??? should it be changed more often with the chip....?
long term reviews of the petes chip would be helpful here?(sorry if it is already on the website coulnt find one?
guys please help....thanks in advance

We have not had anyone with this problem yet unless you have the box turned on too high or your filter is clogged. Give me your contact number and we can solve this for you.

hey Autozoniac, please let us know the followups too. As i dont see ur posts after it, i assume u have pmed TurboIndia with ur no. and he has taken care of it?

Do let us know what was the solution for ur problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
hey Autozoniac, please let us know the followups too. As i dont see ur posts after it, i assume u have pmed TurboIndia with ur no. and he has taken care of it?

Do let us know what was the solution for ur problems.

i have spoken to peter regarding this and according to him it should be taken care of in next couple of days.....

I would the Typhoon from K&N is a perfect match for the Octavia

Cheers
M516

Well, i am considering a powerbox from Netherlands for my Tucson. people interested can have a look at http:\\www.tunex.nl

Its all in their language, but if u apply a bit of commonsense, u will get ur way thru, and will know what is what. They are also having powerbox for Octavias and many many more cars.

People in Europe all over have been using these, and Tucson owners are very happy with it and they have recommended this to me. will let u all know of its performance once mine arrives.