Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 20:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

still i hear that more and more people are getting there cars `tuned` (sorry for using this word here) by him...sigh.
Old 11th June 2007, 22:25   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
This is interesting, I am yet to see a single install have only heard of them even the pic in this thread does not have the LPG system connected to the intake at all in the first place.
Dear Psycho Jee,

I do not have a lot of knowledge as you do. So first of all my humble appologies. Secondly usage of LPG and CNG are on the higher side in delhi compared to any other states so when these systems are installed there is a huge loss of power so people in delhi usually go for setups like freeflow and porting polishings to compensate the loss, some of the rich ones who can actually afford a turbo also consider that, i have heared from one of my friends that the car starts knocking at higher RPMs if the fuel pump is not changed to a bigger one (i do not understand head or tail of it ) so he had installed an LPG in his baleno which is also turbocharged. so he also says that his tuner informed him there are a lot of Turbo baleno's in the city which also has LPG.
Old 11th June 2007, 22:31   #108
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
so he also says that his tuner informed him there are a lot of Turbo baleno's in the city which also has LPG.
Which means lot many more probabilities of such cars blowing up in the future. Ishaan, maybe you could do a feature on engine blown baleno's in delhi. Its just sad to see many guys falling prey to such rubbish. This is wrecking cars not tuning by any means.
Old 12th June 2007, 01:13   #109
BHPian

Ye hai meri kahani...

I guess its time I came up to admit that I was also conned into buying some cheap SH|T and was fooled to believe cr@p from YOU-KNOW-WHO.

This is even before I know what Team-BHP was. Got my muffler from the US and went to get it installed from him as the place is less than a minute away. I knew nothing about mods and flters and then .. (straight to the point) before I knew it, I agreed to get a filter done. He told me K&N but what I got was crap crap crap (I was a noobie, knew NOTHING)

I was so ashamed to tell anyone about this, but its high time. I just can't tell you how much I paid for this SH|T :-( I feel sad.

See for yourself:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpgim...3&d=1180293035
Old 12th June 2007, 11:37   #110
BHPian

LPG & Nivit

Hello guys,
I couldnt help but follow this thread for a few minutes.I was in delhi a while a go and was shown a photo of one of nivits cars.It had a 90 degree bend on one of its charge pipes.About 2 years ago i was on nivit place tring to make him understand how to "correctly" fit a turbo...but he just dint want to listen.We went for a spin and came back in a few minutes to reduce the boost as i heard some knocking(there was no boost meter on the car) .It was too hot to put the hand in to adjust the boost,i recomended to wait till it cools down,but he sprayed water stright on the head to cool it
At that time i thought,"if some sees me here,they will think i am going all this"......i told him good bye and ran off.

Everyone makes mistakes,but "our friend" doesnt want to learn.Maybe now his water cooling procedure has stopped,but would have come up with some other ingenious idea.

I was in surat a while back.I saw a silver baleno with a toyota turbo the manifold had a very picular desgin.Cly 1 and 4 went to the turbo plenum,cly 2 and 3 went to another pipe and then joined the 1 and 4 pipes.
To add more fuel that tuner used lpg or cng(cant remember)......I couldnt belive it...i gave the owner a ride in the B16 he felt bad about his car,and i left with saying anything much...
If people dont know what they r doing,they should try doing thier own car at first before destroying a customers car who would have put is faith in him.Because of this people"tuned cars" get a bad name of not being able to deliver the expected hp and not reliable.

Karan
Old 12th June 2007, 15:55   #111
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

This is what happens when tuners or so they claim promise customers to give TC setups for a lakh. In trying to save those few bucks they end up spending more on buying a new car after the hassle of going through the pain of blowing the car.
Old 12th June 2007, 18:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we should have a thread on Horror Stories, sorry to say, but most experiances with "our friend" would qualify. God save the people from such unscruplous elements.
Old 12th June 2007, 23:00   #113
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Recently, He sold a AIR FILTER to my friend and a fellow tbhpian saying that it was K&N Extreme for 6.2k.(He took it out of a K&N box). There was nothing marked on the filter showing its brand. When we landed up at his HMS to change the filter he started saying that he never put a K&N extreme in the car in the first place. He said it was a BRAND by the name "EXTREME" and i quote "all cars in bangkok are running this filter". When we asked him why did he put this filter when my friend had clearly asked him for a K&N extreme. He started marketing the EXTREME brand as a better filter than K&N and went to an extent to say that the car (baleno) will be .5 to a Second faster when run with the EXTREME brand than with a K&N.

BS!!!!

Now he wont return the money and we are waiting for him to get us a "K&N EXTREME" with B/W.
Old 12th June 2007, 23:50   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Recently, He sold a AIR FILTER to my friend and a fellow tbhpian saying that it was K&N Extreme for 6.2k.(He took it out of a K&N box). There was nothing marked on the filter showing its brand. When we landed up at his HMS to change the filter he started saying that he never put a K&N extreme in the car in the first place. He said it was a BRAND by the name "EXTREME" and i quote "all cars in bangkok are running this filter". When we asked him why did he put this filter when my friend had clearly asked him for a K&N extreme. He started marketing the EXTREME brand as a better filter than K&N and went to an extent to say that the car (baleno) will be .5 to a Second faster when run with the EXTREME brand than with a K&N.

BS!!!!

Now he wont return the money and we are waiting for him to get us a "K&N EXTREME" with B/W.
cant he be taken to consumer court for something like this.
Old 13th June 2007, 00:01   #115
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Rishi especially when he is a Dealer for K&N in delhi! I feel like complaining to methods online.
Old 13th June 2007, 00:25   #116
Senior - BHPian

This guy also has a shop in Rajinder Nagar as well, i went there while i was taking my car to the competent service station at shivaji nagar. I tried acting a little smart as the intercooler is something which is easy to spot so there was one on the shelf there i asked him how much for the intercooler? and you guys will be shocked to hear what he said he pointed at a blowoff valve and he said actually thats the intercooler. I wanted to laugh at him but i thought it would be fun so i asked him how much for the muffler he said 10k i asked him why is it so expensive he said its nitco, i asked him aint that a tile company he said no they also manufature exhausts.

Last edited by pramodkumar : 13th June 2007 at 00:26.
Old 13th June 2007, 00:46   #117
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Man,I still say that this guy seriously knows how to make money I mean come on give him the credit of selling a quarter of the installation at a full price..now thats business for you.
Old 18th June 2007, 17:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
I was in surat a while back.I saw a silver baleno with a toyota turbo the manifold had a very picular desgin.Cly 1 and 4 went to the turbo plenum,cly 2 and 3 went to another pipe and then joined the 1 and 4 pipes.
To add more fuel that tuner used lpg or cng(cant remember)......I couldnt belive it...i gave the owner a ride in the B16 he felt bad about his car,and i left with saying anything much...
If people dont know what they r doing,they should try doing thier own car at first before destroying a customers car who would have put is faith in him.Because of this people"tuned cars" get a bad name of not being able to deliver the expected hp and not reliable.

Karan
ya thats righ.......indian baleno with custom turbo setup without ecu remap CANNOT beat overalled twincam B16 engined on light weighted old civic.

i love my turbocharged baleno..because i think i m the only person who drove sucessfully 16000 kms after turbo setup..and still enjoying on highways..

it doesnt matter for me where cylinder 1 and 2 pipes meets or 3 and 4 pipes meets in manifold ..what i m getting is good boost at even 1700-1800 rpm on that used old toyota celica gt12 turbo.

By the way i m using LOVATO ECM controlled direct injection LPG kit supports up to 162hp...that ECU is specially programmed by LOVATO's Italian engineer name ENRICO THOMAS who came to india on 10th april at ahmedabad for my car.

i was RIGHT ... DI LPG kit worked GREAT for me
might work for others.

Any one interested i can guide with that kit
Old 19th June 2007, 22:42   #119
Senior - BHPian

so you agree you're running a "custom" turbo setup without a remap? Bravo, my friend. If you think your setup is cooler then how about posting some pics for all of us to see?
Old 20th June 2007, 00:35   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
so you agree you're running a "custom" turbo setup without a remap? Bravo, my friend. If you think your setup is cooler then how about posting some pics for all of us to see?
sure ill send all pics with LPG injection installation ,timing charts and
volumetric efficiency tables

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks