Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2017, 12:38   #76
BANNED

Re: Race Dynamics dyno database of Stock cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
As per the dyno graph, the gains are around 10 percent. You can always tweak the box with RD. Anyways, good to know that you are happy with the performance

RD doesn't have figures at wheels??
10.8% increase in power and 11% increase in torque in P2 mode. This is sad as the advertised gains are 30% for the dualchannel. I would like this to be clarified by RD.

Was the run made after locking it in 4th?
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 15:55   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
10.8% increase in power and 11% increase in torque in P2 mode. This is sad as the advertised gains are 30% for the dualchannel. I would like this to be clarified by RD.

Was the run made after locking it in 4th?
This clarification maybe inappropriate for this thread, mods please feel free to move if needed.

The calibrations on the device are vehicle spec and many of them exceed the claimed figures, but when we take in safety, smoke, noise, harshness, torque limit to autobox, etc. it has to be set to level that you currently have, however there is a lot of scope for improvement on the crysta with a custom tune, as you can see from the attached graphs below for the same vehicle -

Torque
4000 RPM - 300Nm to 402 Nm -> gain of 34%
4500 RPM - 242Nm to 333Nm -> 37.6%

Power
4000 RPM - 168 HP to 224 HP -> gain 33%
4500 RPM - 152 HP to 208 HP -> gain 36.8%

Do note the sharp rise at 3200 RPM, thats the OEM ECU safety limits clamping gains pre 3200RPM.
Attached Thumbnails
Race Dynamics dyno database of Stock cars-toyota-innova-crysta-2.8-torque.png  

Race Dynamics dyno database of Stock cars-toyota-innova-crysta-2.8-power.png  

Racedynamics is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 20:39   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
This clarification maybe inappropriate for this thread, mods please feel free to move if needed.

The calibrations on the device are vehicle spec and many of them exceed the claimed figures, but when we take in safety, smoke, noise, harshness, torque limit to autobox, etc. it has to be set to level that you currently have, however there is a lot of scope for improvement on the crysta with a custom tune, as you can see from the attached graphs below for the same vehicle -

Torque
4000 RPM - 300Nm to 402 Nm -> gain of 34%
4500 RPM - 242Nm to 333Nm -> 37.6%

Power
4000 RPM - 168 HP to 224 HP -> gain 33%
4500 RPM - 152 HP to 208 HP -> gain 36.8%

Do note the sharp rise at 3200 RPM, thats the OEM ECU safety limits clamping gains pre 3200RPM.
Thanks a lot! Though these are only numbers it feels good to see it though i was impressed with power delivery already. The real world performance of the vehicle when i drive it closely matches the graph you posted rather than the one i did earlier. I can relate to the graph the much improved midrange with the box. Next time when in Bangalore i hope i can visit you.
Old 7th October 2017, 13:03   #79
BHPian

Thanks for starting this very informative thread. Can u please upload the curves for Grand Vitara 2.0
Old 12th October 2017, 20:40   #80
BHPian

Curves for new age XUV as well please...
Old 12th October 2017, 22:10   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgv View Post
Thanks for starting this very informative thread. Can u please upload the curves for Grand Vitara 2.0

Not sure if the Vitara has curves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Curves for new age XUV as well please...

XUV has plenty. :LOL:

On a serious note I guess we should wait for the 180 BHP version of the XUV before we put it on the dyno.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 00:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hi RD - of late I’m following the RD dual channel box thread, I’m inclined towards having the same installed on my Brezza. Can you tell me the real time bump in power and torque figures the modes offer? Also, I do want to keep the smoke and noise levels in check. I stay close by to your outlet near Sarjapur Road. If you can give me a first hand experience of this box, I can pay a visit so that to drive and experience it real-time
Old 30th October 2017, 18:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Hi RD - of late I’m following the RD dual channel box thread, I’m inclined towards having the same installed on my Brezza. Can you tell me the real time bump in power and torque figures the modes offer? Also, I do want to keep the smoke and noise levels in check. I stay close by to your outlet near Sarjapur Road. If you can give me a first hand experience of this box, I can pay a visit so that to drive and experience it real-time
You can always call and fix a time and get a demo on your car. RD guys are very helpful. Read about my recent experience on the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4296467
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed