Team-BHP - Is Remote Central Locking not possible in a Palio ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Is Remote Central Locking not possible in a Palio ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/16874-remote-central-locking-not-possible-palio.html)

Hi! Friends,

After a lot of research, chiefly with the help of T-BHPians and FiatClubIndia, and a lot of deliberation & introspection, decided upon to bite the bullet and go for Palio 1.6 Sport.

While ironing out the final details, mainly financial, with the Tata-Fiat dealer, Concorde Motors, the salesmen claim that a Keyless Entry cannot be installed into the Palio and they don't recommend it as the 3 step door opening process of the car doesnot allow it; even if installed it will not work properly, like doors opening while travelling on bad roads or bumps, etc.

Is it true ? During my readings thru the threads of T-BHP, never came across this point; or did i miss some thread on this ? please guide me.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YsableKid
Hi! Friends,

After a lot of research, chiefly with the help of T-BHPians and FiatClubIndia, and a lot of deliberation & introspection, decided upon to bite the bullet and go for Palio 1.6 Sport.

While ironing out the final details, mainly financial, with the Tata-Fiat dealer, Concorde Motors, the salesmen claim that a Keyless Entry cannot be installed into the Palio and they don't recommend it as the 3 step door opening process of the car doesnot allow it; even if installed it will not work properly, like doors opening while travelling on bad roads or bumps, etc.

Is it true ? During my readings thru the threads of T-BHP, never came across this point; or did i miss some thread on this ? please guide me.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Hi,

He has told you absolute crap. We have installed dozens of remote locking systems on Palios/Siennas/Petra's etc. You can fit Remote locking in practically every single car whether it is lever operated, cable operated or vaccum operated does not make a diff.

Whilst on the topic would advise you to contact a Xenos(manufactured by Pricol) dealer and only fit this brand as it is the best in the country and also offers lifetime warranty. Has 3-4 models ranging from 3k to 6k. Please tell the Xenos company guys to fit it.

Viper

What the salesman said is crap. Already Palio 1.6 come with central locking system. What you do is just attaching the security and remote system to it. The 3 step opening system has nothing to do with the lock mechanism. It's just a mix of few clamps and a special hinge that makes the door open in steps.

When we first installed Autocop on our Siena 1.2, it was working as you said. Whenever we switched off the engine or pulled parking break, the door got unlocked and opened by itself as well. That was scary. The service center guys who fixed that went to the extent of replacing the entire lock system with Indica's without our knowledge. Guess what the reply was from the service center when we asked about it? "We wanted to impress you with surprise sir". It bombed and they have to replace the whole stuff at theiir own cost. Later we got it reinstalled by Autocop engineer. It worked fine since then.

In Hyd, if you buy Autocop at an accessories shop, they will call the Autocop engineer to fix the system. Atleast, the Pitstop guys did that when i installed the system in my Accent and the good thing is i didn't pay extra.

I am having autocop for my palio 1.2 since three years without any of the problems that you have suggested. I had installed it at Sundaram at the time of buying itself.

that can be posted as one of the funniest points ever told by a dealer!!!

i even contemplated fitting one on my old old old premier NE :) (when i had one with me) and a street corner mech was confident to do it.

Am confused on what the difference \ similarities are between remote & central locking !!! Anyone????

Oh my god!
What are these people coming to? Stupid idiots. How come they have a chance of becoming a sales personnel in an automotive field.

Makes me remind of an article written in this month's IC Chip in which the editor cribs about the Motorola ad; INTELLIGENCE EVERYWHERE! And goes on to say that, after being to some sales personnels, it seems it's INTELLIGENCE NOWHERE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg
Am confused on what the difference \ similarities are between remote & central locking !!! Anyone????

Hi Boss,

Why are you so confused. Like the name suggests one uses a remote to unlock the car doors whereas in the other when you open the master door all doors unlock/lock.

As simple as that. The remote locking is a bit more convenient.

Viper

YsableKid,i got an autocop installed in my palio 1.6 when i bought it.there is no problem whatsoever and even if any it should be due to improper installation only and not due to the door opening mechanism
and i bought it from a tata-fiat dealer only,like concorde motors

i got the pricol make remote locking done for my new 1.6, though the service level left a lot to be desired here in delhi !!

they fixed up additional switches at the rear doors, bonnet and hatch for the alarms!

Such BSing happens. Sundaram guys gave me the same crap When I bought the car. I said the order is cancelled and they came running.

Reality is you do not need to open the door pad to fix remote locking. (atleast the Autocop Brand). They just tap the relavent wire in the horness and lo you are on. Works perfectly fine.

They do it because, FIAT threaten not to entertain the warranty if wiring is tampered. U need to do some shouting.

Infact, Fiat cars come with factory fitted remote locking /security system in Europe, the wiring horness is same here and very compatible to the after market security systems.

Go ahead get it fitted by the Autocop guys or Xenos .

Adding to the previous post.

One more reason they do not want to do is they may not know how to install. If they think they need to wire the actuator in the door, they cant. Because, there is no way you can draw a wire from module or battery to the door as the wiring runs through a connector (whether proof). and there are no extra holes that can let this happen.

I faced this problem when I tried to get the automatic window winder fitted. Finally decided against it.

i have had autocop on my palio sport for the past 5 years now and i have had absolutely no problem with it watsoever. the dealer clearly doesn`t know anything!!

I need to put the remote control lock system in my zen...how much would it cost in mum...and which product should i buy? help////

Sorry for the Off topic pont, But it reminds me , Last week I went to TASC for a regular Service check, I just happened to enquire for Rear Fog Lamp, Since the provision is already there in the XETA. The advisor did not know what the product was and confused it with the Rear Lights, Then after explaning he said Indicas don't come with Rear Fog Lamps, as only safari has the bumper moulding. I said it fits in the Right Tail Lamp and he simply said no, Thanks to entry of the works manager-I just so happened to save my hair from being torn off...! He said its there but strangely no one ever requested for it and neither have they ever installed it.
Just to advise here, Sometimes the advisors are new or simply ignorant, always take a second opinion ..Team-BHP- BTW now could someone also let me know of the Rear Fog Lamp for the XETA. :)