Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2006, 01:28   #1
BHPian

hi guys !! i need your help ,i'm planning to buy an free flow exhaust to my car lancer.. i'm price range is up to 15 i'm looking for a free flow exhaust with a clean sport exhaust sound and good performance power gains .. pls mention any good exhausts with the prices .

my options right now were

1.Magna flow - which i heard is very good but the problem is i can't find a authorised dealer in bangalore ..

2. Remus sports exhaust which is also nice and it available here in bangalore in methods automotive for 15900

help me find the right exhaust , thanks a lot guys
Old 9th September 2006, 08:50   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye
hi guys !! i need your help ,i'm planning to buy an free flow exhaust to my car lancer.. i'm price range is up to 15 i'm looking for a free flow exhaust with a clean sport exhaust sound and good performance power gains .. pls mention any good exhausts with the prices .

my options right now were

1.Magna flow - which i heard is very good but the problem is i can't find a authorised dealer in bangalore ..

2. Remus sports exhaust which is also nice and it available here in bangalore in methods automotive for 15900

help me find the right exhaust , thanks a lot guys
Hi,

Firstly congrats on your decision. The 2 brands you have mentioned only sell mufflers or end cans in India which comprise of only a part of a Free Flow setup. You will also need headers + expansion chamber and intermediate pipes alongwith the above mufflers. Would recommend you contact Tbhpian Psycho from Banglore who can help you out. Go for a regular MS muffler which will be far cheaper and do the same job.

If its only sound you want and no GO then also you can get a lot of other brands inside 5k.

Viper
Old 10th September 2006, 10:21   #3
BHPian

I got a FFE system installed on Lancer last week. Custom made with the SpeedWorks here in CHennai.

Check out the video I shot yesterday.

Old 10th September 2006, 10:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice video...Looks like u've been doing around 120-140kmph.

Could u post a small video of the sound from outside, like just a few rev ups. Even a sound clip will do.
Old 10th September 2006, 10:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Nice video...Looks like u've been doing around 120-140kmph.

Could u post a small video of the sound from outside, like just a few rev ups. Even a sound clip will do.
Thanks Karthik. Will post the sound clips soon.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 10th September 2006 at 10:54.
Old 10th September 2006, 11:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice video , what speed were you when you were overtaking swift , if its around 120 130 its cool , but if its around 90 dont you think the car is a bit slow in power delivery or is it a Diesel Lancer ?
Old 10th September 2006, 11:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Nice video , what speed were you when you were overtaking swift , if its around 120 130 its cool , but if its around 90 dont you think the car is a bit slow in power delivery or is it a Diesel Lancer ?
Thanks mate. You are right, there has been a performance hit after the FFE installation. Iam planning for another drag with a friend of mine, let me what he has to say about it and then go back to the mechanic to check out what the problem could be, if there is any.
Old 10th September 2006, 13:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

why don't u try automech exhausts....
Old 10th September 2006, 13:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir
why don't u try automech exhausts....
Hi Chiragh,

The exhaust that I have, is fabricated by one of the best in Tamil Nadu. I have full confidece in them. I will have to check my plugs and the exhaust once again. A few adjustments should do the trick.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 10th September 2006 at 13:28.
Old 10th September 2006, 23:32   #10
BANNED

I've got Automech freeflow kit for my ALTO. Very nicely made. Enough power and not much loud.
Remus is good in mufflers. Their build quality is superb. And the titanium tipped ones are too good to ignore. And the exhaust note they produce is also nice. My friend has one for his Swift. But some dont like this sound and prefer louder ones for show.
Old 11th September 2006, 02:15   #11
BHPian

Hey buddy as mentioned to you earlier..remus and magnaflow both are still to develope complete exhausts system's for most of our indian car's..at the moment..they only have a few cat back exhaust system's which are car and engine specific..also they hav rear muffler's and cat replacement expansion's on sale..with indian distributor's...i would personally advise you to go in for magnaflow..because some how i tend to like the sound and performance of that brand a lot..but then again..remus seems to have worked wonder's with the skoda engine..so it's all about your final choice..do let me know your decision anyways..looking forward to an audio clip of your new installed exhaust setup as and when you do..cheers..happy revvin..!!
Old 12th September 2006, 21:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I've got Automech freeflow kit for my ALTO. Very nicely made. Enough power and not much loud.
Remus is good in mufflers. Their build quality is superb. And the titanium tipped ones are too good to ignore. And the exhaust note they produce is also nice. My friend has one for his Swift. But some dont like this sound and prefer louder ones for show.
Hey Zak , post sound clips of the FFE please.
Old 13th September 2006, 23:04   #13
BHPian

nice video like the horn sound made by the lorry almost in the end of the video lol .. i think engine hum sound is nice from the inside pls do post the sound produced outside the car ...
Old 14th September 2006, 02:24   #14
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th October 2006 at 03:17.
Old 14th September 2006, 03:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right, there has been a performance hit after the FFE installation.
I dont get it. Is there an increase or decrease with the performance?
Btw, did u get headers too??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks