Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)

Hello all this is my 1st video review & its on the recently fitted ///M Performance Exhaust for my F30 328i;

The review consists of a Build up;

My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)-1.jpg

In-Depth Review;

My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)-2.jpg

Exhaust Sounds;

My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)-3.jpg

Catback v/s Axleback explanation;

My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)-4.jpg

And some Action scenes

My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)-5.jpg

Hope you like it, Enjoy

Last edited by karan561 : 23rd October 2015 at 12:54.
karan561 is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:26   #2
BHPian

re: My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)

Hey Karan,

That sounds fantastic. Definitely as you mentioned the car deserves the sound and kudos to you for making a short yet informative and detailed video. The 328i is an amazing machine and now it sounds the part as well with the exhaust. Keep Revving.
Car-tya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:48   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)

Fabulous review !

Well spoken & some great camera work. Very creative, who was shooting? Loved the power slide , the classroom session and the frank opinion (i.e. it's more about the sound than any performance increase).

The 328i has such a sweet engine - it always deserved to sound better. Be warned: Once you drive a car with a sporty sounding exhaust, there's no going back. After my Civic & City Vtec, I don't think I can ever own a petrol without a free-flow exhaust.

What was the cost of this upgrade?
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:09   #4
BHPian

Thats quite inspiring. I a just curious to know whether these add ONs are approved by the RTO. I might sound silly but can you get pulled up by the local authorities for creating nuisance with these noisy exhausts.

Cheers
sumitdongerkery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:10   #5
BHPian

Awesome Karan !

Loved the sound and the camera work. Even I am eager to know about the costs. Thanks for educating on the different exhaust systems. You are giving Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May a toughie !
Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hello all this is my 1st video review & its on the recently fitted ///M Performance Exhaust for my F30 328i;
Good video review, mate. You have put good effort into making it . Hope the video get the views it deserves. And please add tag words like 'BMW', 'Mpower', etc to the video, if you haven't done it.

Last edited by ecenandu : 23rd October 2015 at 16:21.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fabulous review !

Well spoken & some great camera work. Very creative, who was shooting? Loved the power slide , the classroom session and the frank opinion (i.e. it's more about the sound than any performance increase).

The 328i has such a sweet engine - it always deserved to sound better. Be warned: Once you drive a car with a sporty sounding exhaust, there's no going back. After my Civic & City Vtec, I don't think I can ever own a petrol without a free-flow exhaust.

What was the cost of this upgrade?
Thanks a lot GTO, appreciate your positive comments

The video was shot and edited by my younger brother.

I agree after getting used to these amazing sounding exhausts it is truly difficult to move around in silent refined petrol engined cars.

I ordered this exhaust from the US & the cost was aprox 850 U$ (51k INR) + shipping (14k INR) + Duty (16k INR), Total = 81,000 INR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-tya View Post
Hey Karan,

That sounds fantastic. Definitely as you mentioned the car deserves the sound and kudos to you for making a short yet informative and detailed video. The 328i is an amazing machine and now it sounds the part as well with the exhaust. Keep Revving.
Thanks Car-tya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery View Post
Thats quite inspiring. I a just curious to know whether these add ONs are approved by the RTO. I might sound silly but can you get pulled up by the local authorities for creating nuisance with these noisy exhausts.

Cheers
I haven't messed with the catalytic converter so the emissions are in check. Regarding the sound as i mentioned in this video that no one is going to look at me and say "Hey he is driving like a maniac", so what i mean is the exhaust is pretty sporty in a subtle way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Awesome Karan !

Loved the sound and the camera work. Even I am eager to know about the costs. Thanks for educating on the different exhaust systems. You are giving Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May a toughie !
Well Thanks for the kind words

As explained above, the exhaust cost me aprox 81k INR landed @ Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Good video review, mate. You have put good effort into making it . Hope the video get the views it deserves. And please add tag words like 'BMW', 'Mpower', etc to the video, if you haven't done it.
Thanks for the appreciation ecenandu,

Yes a lot of work did go into the making of this short review, as suggested will add the above tags, Thanks again.

Last edited by karan561 : 23rd October 2015 at 16:28.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:02   #8
BHPian

Awesome review there!
Loved the power slide in the end. You should approach car news channels to do reviews, you were that good. Due credit to your brother too for the editing work. He's got talent !
Now waiting for a video review of the Injen intake system and may be even a OTR video of the Fortuners(I'll help you with that &#128540.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:04   #9
BHPian

Nice way to spend 81,000INR bro. Loved the sweet cracker-like sound while downshifting.

An //M Performance body kit should complete the work.

Happy motoring!!
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:37   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Awesome review there!
Loved the power slide in the end. You should approach car news channels to do reviews, you were that good. Due credit to your brother too for the editing work. He's got talent !
Now waiting for a video review of the Injen intake system and may be even a OTR video of the Fortuners(I'll help you with that &#128540.
Thanks Denzil, Yes the Fortuner OTR/Drive will surely turnout to be a great video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Nice way to spend 81,000INR bro. Loved the sweet cracker-like sound while downshifting.

An //M Performance body kit should complete the work.

Happy motoring!!
Thanks for your comments, well not really having any cosmetic mods in my mind as of now, though i recently added the Black M performance Grilles
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 11:40   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Out of the box!! That's the best part about this thread & its content. A good one!!

I guess you are one of the very few who drives the 3 like the way it should be! (Had seen the pics of your wedding entry as well) I doubt i will ever try such things on my car(s) ever!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 17:12   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Out of the box!! That's the best part about this thread & its content. A good one!!
Thanks swiftnfurious

Quote:
I guess you are one of the very few who drives the 3 like the way it should be! (Had seen the pics of your wedding entry as well) I doubt i will ever try such things on my car(s) ever!
My Video Review: ///M Performance Exhaust (F30 BMW 328i)-10394557_10152683017237762_6692379220690608671_n.jpg

Yes, the wedding burnout was indeed much appreciated, Thanks to my wife too who supported me to let me burn rubber

Last edited by karan561 : 25th October 2015 at 17:14.
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 18:46   #13
Team-BHP Support

Great video Karan, can't wait for the next few to come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Yes, the wedding burnout was indeed much appreciated, Thanks to my wife too who supported me to let me burn rubber
And since then you have been cribbing about how your Supersports are almost worn out.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 22:18   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Great video Karan, can't wait for the next few to come up.

And since then you have been cribbing about how your Supersports are almost worn out.

Thanks Akshay

Well yes ive been cribbing about tyres majorly because i cant do the tyre rotation as im running a staggered setup hence the next switch (2-3 months from now) il opt a square setup.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review Karan Well deserved 5 stars.

The exhaust and your adrenaline rush will definitely compliment each other if you are on a expressway. Hope you have done that already.

PS: Do we get an opportunity to watch the video of burning rubber on your wedding day?
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks