Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 04:33   #1
BHPian

Info Required On Building A B-Zen

Hey this is my call to everyone out there...please feel free to come ahead and share your knowledge as far as technical aspects go in building a B-Zen..Starting with things such as gear box,engine foundation,brake upgardes etc etc...also if possible z classe could share his info with us..hoping to see some interesting replies..cheers..happy revvin...!!
Old 12th September 2006, 15:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

First you need a Zen. Then you need a Baleno engine. Then you need money and time.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think your biggest challenge will be finding a good Baleno engine for a decent price. Plenty of old Zens available.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:37   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
Hey this is my call to everyone out there...please feel free to come ahead and share your knowledge as far as technical aspects go in building a B-Zen..Starting with things such as gear box,engine foundation,brake upgardes etc etc...also if possible z classe could share his info with us..hoping to see some interesting replies..cheers..happy revvin...!!
Hey Nikhil,

Who are you planning on getting it installed from. He should be able to give you a very good idea of whats involved. Anyways you know most of the stuff already.

Viper
Old 12th September 2006, 20:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Baleno engines are available these days. Lots of Balenos on road = lots of crashed Balenos off road.

Erm, where's post #2 in this thread?
Old 12th September 2006, 21:59   #6
BHPian

Hey why not you think about a zen with a 1.5 ohc city engine ... it really tops in autocar speed races tooo.... so you can go for city's engine compared to the baleno's but however finding one could be a trouble but the rewards are great...
Old 13th September 2006, 06:15   #7
BHPian

hey people thanks for the immediate response..well i do realise a lot of time and effort will go into the whole procedure..the zen is already persent..its even running with a 8valve 1.3 esteem engine..but now i'm looking for a good baleno engine..also i remember someone mentioned ecu's from racedynamics..so does that compensate for the original ecu..or the original ecu is required all through out...also if some one could explain how the engine mounts would work..we've done an e-zen and the mounts were taken care of..but what i now want to know is a lot of people have told me that there are a few alteration's that have to be done in the engine mounts and chassis..i just wanted to clear my doubts regarding all this..because most people tend to spread a lot of rumours..and i dont want to be the victim to one..hehe..waiting for your replies..thanks once again..cheers..happy revvin..!!

P.S : Jignesh plan do get the installation done with sanjay and mahesh at shivaji park..!!
Old 13th September 2006, 08:55   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger

P.S : Jignesh plan do get the installation done with sanjay and mahesh at shivaji park..!!
Hi,

You mean my partner excellent choice . FYI Sanjay has had an accident & is out of action for a while.

Viper
Old 1st October 2006, 14:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

just wanted to put my input to other who are interested in putting a baleno engine into a zen,

its dead simple... all in a days work (if you have a plug and play wiring which i make before i do the install, about 1 hr work)

The engine is pretty much the same the, zens front top mount is a direct fit, swap it out from your old engine, the gearbox, i would suggest you to swap the rear housing of the baleno box to a zens, makes life easier. Dont worry its 30 mins job.

Then get an esteem front gearbox bedding, its the one that mounts up onto the lower apron, you need a welder to fabricate to match it. You will need to grind off a little material of the cross member as the gearbox housing is larger and it will touch the cross member, you will also need to fabricate a rear bedding. Make on such that it mates onto the older rear engine mount as of the zens. The drive shaft of the zen can be used. Better ones (custom made) are suggested if you are planning more power (like turbo, juice etc).
Thats about it. I just did the above all in a day.. the shafts im custom making as were looking at a lot more than stock...

cheers
Old 1st October 2006, 19:45   #10
BHPian

hey dom thanks a lot for the info..if you dont mind can you please pm me your contact number..im trying to avoid the gear box hassle by trying out a different setup..thanks..cheers..happy revvin...!!
Old 1st October 2006, 20:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnic
just wanted to put my input to other who are interested in putting a baleno engine into a zen,

its dead simple... all in a days work (if you have a plug and play wiring which i make before i do the install, about 1 hr work)

The engine is pretty much the same the, zens front top mount is a direct fit, swap it out from your old engine, the gearbox, i would suggest you to swap the rear housing of the baleno box to a zens, makes life easier. Dont worry its 30 mins job.

Then get an esteem front gearbox bedding, its the one that mounts up onto the lower apron, you need a welder to fabricate to match it. You will need to grind off a little material of the cross member as the gearbox housing is larger and it will touch the cross member, you will also need to fabricate a rear bedding. Make on such that it mates onto the older rear engine mount as of the zens. The drive shaft of the zen can be used. Better ones (custom made) are suggested if you are planning more power (like turbo, juice etc).
Thats about it. I just did the above all in a day.. the shafts im custom making as were looking at a lot more than stock...

cheers
Am i dreaming or is that u,shreyas??
Old 1st October 2006, 20:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am i dreaming or is that u,shreyas??
haha yea pal, am back, was extremely busy with many things, was on training in singapore. Finished my course in fuel injection performance, learnt to tune almost every engine management system in the market. did a few projects and by feb next year am certified motec tuner. So the reason for my absence... back to the thread..

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks