Team-BHP - Performance Mods for Zen Carb '99
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Performance Mods for Zen Carb '99 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/16999-performance-mods-zen-carb-99-a.html)

hey ppl

can any one of you gurus guide how to juice up my zen. it's a 98 model carb version and the odo reads 68k.

also could you tell me where to get it done in Delhi and NCR. i plan to invest 15000-20000 for the mods and want to go in for only increased perfomance but not at the cost of screwing up the mileage.

Shomen

Quote:

Originally Posted by shomen_moitra
hey ppl

can any one of you gurus guide how to juice up my zen. it's a 98 model carb version and the odo reads 68k.

also could you tell me where to get it done in Delhi and NCR. i plan to invest 15000-20000 for the mods and want to go in for only increased perfomance but not at the cost of screwing up the mileage.

Shomen

Hey,

You have 2 options.

1> Engine swap with esteem engine - Cost 35k++
2> Do up your own engine. You need to start with the basics like Free Flow + Conical Filter+ Iridium Plugs+ Plug wires and a carb tune up with maybe resized jets which should fit in your budget of 20k.

Next step would be to get a good port/polish job + high lift Cams + upgraded ignition systems.

Please note the words performance and FE dont go well together still by going in for the basic mods your FE will remain the same or increase under normal driving.

Viper

Hey keshav has done a zen for this guy in bangalore, the job is pretty ausome. It included free flow, headers and suspension upgrade. I think its the first step to start. ASK PSCHYCO about it.

[SIZE=2]dude .. pm viper. he is the best one stop tune shop at the best rates[/SIZE]

hey jignesh..you've already given all the answer's hehe..anyways when your gettin your exhaust work done..and if you plan to get high lift cams in the near future..make sure you get a header for a higher diameter..a 1.5 would be recommended by me..also make sure your tuner is good at what he's doing..because timing and tuning plays a vital role in pick up and high end speed's of your car..jet's also oversizing them too much will lead to flooding..if you get a 285 lift or above camshaft make sure you get the adjustable pulley.otherwise your timing is never going to match to the optimum..my two bits..hope this helped..cheers..happy revvin..

install bosch iridium 4 head plug with multi point ign system. helps reduce excess power waste (when used the conventional coil ign) and increase in power and good fuel cunsumption.Also comes with maintainance free,water proof and life time warrenty. Cost 5k
Add expansion exhaust with muffler. cost 8k
Add performance air filter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parimal_vb
install bosch iridium 4 head plug with multi point ign system. helps reduce excess power waste (when used the conventional coil ign) and increase in power and good fuel cunsumption.Also comes with maintainance free,water proof and life time warrenty. Cost 5k
Add expansion exhaust with muffler. cost 8k
Add performance air filter.

Hey Buddy,

To the best of my knowledge Bosch does not make Iridium plugs leave aside 4 point Iridium's. Would suggest you give correct info if you do decide to advise people. An expansion exhuast with muffler is not going to give you any power without the headers.:Frustrati

Viper