Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2007, 22:13   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
U'll also need to get a Stock replacement K&N filter. The performance filter cannot be plumbed!
but i have a performance filter in my accent with lpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 15th January 2007 at 22:14.
Old 20th January 2007, 22:17   #257
BHPian

FFE for siera

is there any exhaust for siera im planing to fix one
Old 30th September 2007, 00:05   #258
BHPian

hi

hi u have a erformance filter sucking superhot air near the exhaust headers ,engine and radiator flow lines!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
but i have a performance filter in my accent with lpg

Old 30th September 2007, 00:14   #259
BHPian

hi.

the burnt gas smell may be present because of miss match between the cam timing, the event and the dia and length if the primaries .
its over scavenging the air fuel ratio . and then the pules tuning is lost some where and its not able to fill it back in to the cylinder again.

burnt gas smell comes when ether the fuel is bad or the igntion is incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
i have a lpg kit in my accent and its kitted with a k&n filter plus a automech exhaust,its doing extremely good,the only prob i face is the burnt gas smell due to the removal of the cat-con.
Old 6th October 2007, 14:22   #260
BHPian

how much will the exhaust for indigo cost. Medium sound and full kit?? Plz automech ppl help.
Old 6th October 2007, 18:00   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
how much will the exhaust for indigo cost. Medium sound and full kit?? Plz automech ppl help.
Why dont you contact them??send an eamil they will surely reply:

AutoMECH Engineers
Old 13th November 2007, 15:05   #262
SYJ
BHPian

Helo guys
exhausts of my ohc is in a pathetic condition(from header to tail)so i would like to replace my exhausts(header to tail ) with automech. Kindly Advice its advantages and disadv.. And wil it gives me a noticeble throttle increase and does it hv any effect on mileage? ITS URGENT!!!!
Old 13th November 2007, 15:47   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYJ View Post
Helo guys
exhausts of my ohc is in a pathetic condition(from header to tail)so i would like to replace my exhausts(header to tail ) with automech. Kindly Advice its advantages and disadv.. And wil it gives me a noticeble throttle increase and does it hv any effect on mileage? ITS URGENT!!!!
If you fix automech FFE you will have noticable tourque and increased drivability.It wont effect on your mileage unless you done port and polish.You can have a increased mileage on normal drive due to increased drivability.
Old 13th November 2007, 20:39   #264
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I called up the AutoMech dealer in Bangalore to enquire about replacing old rusted exhaust system for my 2002 Ikon 1.6 ZXI with a new one. He was suggesting that i fit a SS (Stainless Steel) head to toe installation. He quoted a price of 16.5k. After going through all the threads posted here, i feel they are charging too much. He also said the difference between a MS (Mild Steel) installation would be just 2k less than SS. Can someone conform this please or direct me to a place where its much cheaper.
Old 14th November 2007, 21:20   #265
Senior - BHPian

sorry.. wrong post! Mods. Pls delete this!
Old 14th November 2007, 21:26   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Hi Guys,
I called up the AutoMech dealer in Bangalore to enquire about replacing old rusted exhaust system for my 2002 Ikon 1.6 ZXI with a new one. He was suggesting that i fit a SS (Stainless Steel) head to toe installation. He quoted a price of 16.5k. After going through all the threads posted here, i feel they are charging too much. He also said the difference between a MS (Mild Steel) installation would be just 2k less than SS. Can someone conform this please or direct me to a place where its much cheaper.
Thats a little steep I reckon. Also Iv not personally experienced any Automech setups in Bangalore, I had looked at this for my santro last year and then ditched the idea.

Automech is a ready to fit kit so it might not suit your driving style really.

There's other tuners/garages such as Raj/RAC/FRK/SAG etc who will build you a custom system based on your requirements. Guys who have got FFE systems would be able to introduce you

How long do you plan to keep the car? Stainless steel is not a must!
Old 14th November 2007, 21:51   #267
BHPian

Hi,

As i mentioned, the condition of my exhaust system is REALLY bad. The sound emitted is weird (though not loud, never heard that kind of sound before from an Ikon). Its rusted almost everywhere with exhaust gases coming out from all possible places. I called up Ford Service for stock replacement but they were quoting 13k plus service charges. As far as i am aware, instead of going for the standard Ikon muffler, its better i go in for something jazzy with more or less the same cost.
I bought this car a year back from a used car dealer and probably might use it for a couple of years minimum.
Can you give me the contact number/address for the garages you have mentioned above?

Thanks
Sanju
Old 14th November 2007, 22:14   #268
BHPian

i feel automech exshaust are good but some guys do make custom made exshaust system they are much better but expensive also if u just want sound u can go for automech
Old 14th November 2007, 22:54   #269
BHPian

Automech exhausts are really good.But the price quoted in banglore is bit high.
Old 15th November 2007, 07:31   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
i feel automech exshaust are good but some guys do make custom made exshaust system they are much better but expensive also if u just want sound u can go for automech
Automech sure is good. I got headers for my Xing for 4750Rs and its worth!

And from what I have heard, even custom FFE arent that costly.

And I remember someone else too posting about an Automech dealer who quoted too much for a FFE in Bangy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks