Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2004, 05:12   #16
BANNED

so automechs avilable only in mumbai??? anything in mlore !
Old 26th April 2004, 16:26   #17
BHPian

Hi Rehaan,
After readng ur response it seems that its a highly skilled job and needs to be handled very carefully.....if you
think this can be done, pls refer the person and his address.....any idea how much that would cost?

Greetz
Tarun
Old 27th April 2004, 00:50   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey Tarun,

It is a skilled job just like most tuning jobs are!
The thing is that there is no true judgement of how good some of these guys are at making free flows as there are no dynos around so no real way to test the actual HP gains other than just how it "feels". However, there are some guys who are definitely good at doing this job.

As i said earlier i have no clue about anyone from delhi, and as for the costs maybe Domnic will be able to give you a more accurate idea (as well as maybe suggest some1 in delhi.) I will PM him and ask him to have a look at this thread.

cya
R
Old 27th April 2004, 12:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tarun,
Rehaan just Pm'd me. The usual price for an MS (Mild Steel) header and complete exhaust system with one muffler ranges from 4500 Rs to 5500Rs. If you want a complete SS header and exhaust system prices do go up depending on quality of the steel. about 10k-15k should be about the price for an SS header. which includes the pipe till the end and a ss box. I would suggest you go for a MS one in the beginning as you get the hang of the header and know the response etc. And you can experiment with sizing etc to pull the power band lower or higher. For more torque at lower revs etc. If you can get a capable tinker who has a good idea and nac to get things done, it will be gr8.
Now due to popular questions on Headers, Freeflows. Ill post a complete article and how to make your own header. Wait till tomorrow morning. I have some graphs to share with everyone which makes all the math easy!.

Cheers
Dom
Old 27th April 2004, 19:06   #20
BHPian

yeah cool.... look forward to it....!

many thx Rehaan, Dom !
Tarun
Old 30th April 2004, 03:33   #21
BANNED

graph dom???
Old 1st May 2004, 14:06   #22
BHPian

Also recommended whereabouts in delhi....!

waiting
Old 8th May 2004, 17:13   #23
BHPian

Hey guys is this automech from mumbai if so I did buy a exhaust system from him headers and a muffler on the performance side i would rank it 6 out of 10 but the tone i wanted from my muffler was totally wrong it sounded to bass there wasnt any punch in it that is why I gave it away to my team mate and got my self a muffler from Dubai I plan to buy a flowmaster which is the best it costs some thing around 12 thou man but any thing for my Fiat man
Old 20th May 2004, 03:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

ajmat,
go for it.
there is no one else in mumbai who can do abetter job than ajay mhapsekar of automech (panchal automobiles).actually u will find other people who do it only to know later that they had got it from ajay .
its in parel ,opposite the pheonix mills compound tjhere is a small galli.
he also keeps k&n filters ,but for that there is another guy.the blue city guy at the drag race
Old 20th May 2004, 13:55   #25
Team-BHP Support

what kinda of power increase do these modified exhaust sytems make? any idea wrt bhp figures??
Old 20th May 2004, 15:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

the gain is definitely there.and if driven properly ,then there is also an improvement in fuel consumption figures.
but the problem is that once u get addicted to the sound ,there is no way u r going to car for economy.the exhaust above 3000rpm is music .seems like ur can car is in anger.
so one also tends to drive with windows rolled down only hear the sound.
the free flow with a filter is more than enough.
call AJAY on 9820092928 for the free flow and he can explain it better
Old 20th May 2004, 17:51   #27
snoopy41

Hi guys,,well there is a guy called Afzal in Delhi at the defence colony main signal at the foot of the flyover coming from Jawaharlal Nehru stadium,,but his handiwork and finishing looked a bit suspect,,had done a black Zen that i drove,,quite impressive,,

Old 20th May 2004, 19:58   #28
Team-BHP Support

total gain from these pipes (this i read somwhere) is just 2% max.. hmm.. i driven couple of cars with headers and what i felt was it changes ur power band, thats what makes the diffrence and yup helps easier breathing so a slightly better response from the accelerator..

had installed a last piece, the silencer part on the esteem (couldnt afford the whole header system at that time) it used to give a better response maybe just a lil.. but the acoustics were amazing.. design was a copy cat from combi rally guys

ikon am against removing the cat con, reason 1 obvious, pollution.. 2nd wont this affect the o2 censors and feed the cpu with wrong input??
Old 21st May 2004, 13:19   #29
BHPian

I think they claim a power increase of around 8-12%. But depends on the cars see if you have a carb esteem of 65 bhp hows its just a increase of 7 bhp! so not phenomenol but a noticeable increase. it makes for a good driving experience and ofcourse the sound is a ego booster!
Old 22nd May 2004, 05:28   #30
BHPian

Yeah my Fiat has a very good Pickup and even its performance is great after installing the headers and all , But the average is low but who cares more POWER

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks