Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 15:02   #121
BANNED

who said i paid them????
and dude i have a license and they are smart to confirm if im underage or no..by asking questionz like...what do you do..if you say fybcom or sybcom..they ask you the subjects...caught a friend of mine like that...hahahaha...he was a fool to say fybcom...and not know the subjects...whenever they ask me i tell them ive done my 12th..
Old 19th September 2005, 15:05   #122
BANNED

no dude...they showed me the book...and themselves asked me to buy the book...and then i asked them where can i buy that book...
Old 19th September 2005, 19:08   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
where can we buy this rc book???
day before these two cops caught me ...for nothing...i got down...theyre shaking hands and stuff whenever im going on asking why have youll caught me...he said tints...and they were rto approved tints..i started shouting they are rto approved and he was just going on saying court mein bolna...then he asked me about my deck...saw my deck...and again said ...this deck is not allowed....i started shouting that its a company deck..(its not but these guys would obviously believe) but then he was like "company toh bechne ke liye kuch bhi dega.." and all the time whatever im saying ..he was like court mein aake bolna...license "ZAPT karenge" and stuff
Dude - u sure they werent pulling your legs ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 19th September 2005 at 19:11.
Old 19th September 2005, 19:13   #124
BANNED

hahahahahahaha
yeah man they werent pulling my legz...infact i was seeing 1 of them going on stopping cars randomly...and once while both were talking to me...facing me..1 honda city passed with loud freeflow sound....they turned but couldnt do a thing..i startd shouting again....then they got angry and stuff widme..whatever i was talking...court mein aana...court mein bolna...10 times they told each other..."parchi bana...paoti de" hahaha but none of them was ready to make 1...
Old 19th September 2005, 21:19   #125
Senior - BHPian

Getting back to the topic...It is indeed possible to get a free flow done to enhance low and mid level torque with a marginal raise in top end. One of my friends got his complete free flow assembly+K&N+iridium spark plugs done through FRK racing(blore) a few months back...He had mentioned it explicitly to the workshop guys what he wants and if they could offer that... they told him that he will get what he expects...after a waiting period of 5days.....voila;-) to my friends surprise, his 2003 mpfi esteem had turned into a rocket,,,worth the wait aint it??...The mileage has remained the same unless he wags his tail too much...I can promise the car is just flying in all gears without any room for disappoinment. Logically speaking, there int much of a need for top end as we would rarely achieve that within our frequent driving zones and most cars(1000cc+) have decently satisfying stock top ends...If somebodys interested in knowing more bout FRK Racing who are well experienced in performance mods here is the num:9845013130(Fazil). Their work is spot on and guaranteed and also they are fairly economical for the degree of performance they extract out of your family sedan...
Just for inf: Most cars that won at Speed 2005 Blore are FRK modified or tuned...Sounds like Im marketing them..hahha ...not really...
Old 19th September 2005, 22:15   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
@ ajalphonso: What other options did they have besides the headers and chamber?
They also have Strut kits, their expertise is in exhaust systems. Infact today vivek even called me to check and see if all was working fine.
You can call them on 022-56601055. But i do suggest that you drop in and speak to them and let them coustomise the job as per your requirement.
Check out their website for all their offerings
www.automechexhausts.com

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 19th September 2005 at 22:16.
Old 28th January 2006, 12:04   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp
Hi,

It's been 3 weeks since I got an AutoMech free flow system fitted to my car and looks like I've got the initial teething problems ironed out. Here's my initial report....

Contacted Auto Mech around 1 - 1.5 months back by email asking them the finer points of a free flow exhaust modification i.e some of my questions apart from the feedback i received from this site which promted me to go for it in the first place...thx guys:-). Well initial queries on driveability, torque increase, pollution etc over I placed an order for a complete free flow system for a 5-Speed M800.

INSTALLATION
About a week later I collected the system from GATI here at Trivandrum. Now the hunt was on for finding a mechanic who could do the job for me. A couple of Maruti dealers i approached refused so I turned to a garage frequented by one of my friends. Basically the header was a neat fit right upto the hole for the O2 sensor. So were the intermediate pipes. However the pipe containing the expansion chamber had to be heated and bent a bit to be aligned with the muffler piece. So the act was done and the sound was...just right...not too loud and not too soft either...no leaks either..the gaskets supplied by AutoMech held up well.

DRIVING IMPRESSION
I feel a small increase in low end torque and hence more responsiveness from the car at low speeds. Pollution levels are at around 0.25%. Top speeds seems to have increased too judging from the fact that I am able to go upto 80kph in 2nd gear..up from around 60 kph before the engine started screaming for mercy:-D.
The sound is just glorious especially in lower gears..i have developed the habit of switching off my stereo every now and then... ...the only glitch has been a careless dealer forgetting to repalce one of the manifold nuts after service causing an exhaust leak and ruining the free flow effect for one whole week...well the kind of things they do to your baby at "paid service"!!...they seem to think that giving the car a good wash is all there is to it!!..problems fixed now and the sound is mellowed a bit now...guess it is the effect of a retuned engine.

A word in for Automech..simply great support and clarifications. :-)

Drive on,
Shibu.

Shibu, how much did you pay for the automech full system? Including Shipping.

Cheers.
Old 19th February 2006, 18:56   #128
BHPian

Hey is it true that automech does not manufacture free flow systems for The Matiz anymore????
I just contacted their dealer here in Aizawl and he said that They do not make free flow systems for the Matiz anymore.
Can anyone confirm????
Old 19th February 2006, 19:57   #129
BHPian

Another automech question

How much would a free flow system with a header and a stainless steel muffler cost?
How much would just a header and the pipes cost with out a muffler?
Also guys in Bangalore.. do you suggest me to go for an automech system or get one done by FRK?
I am bringing a Magnaflow muffler from US by end of this month(its way too costly in india) keeping this in mind, who do you think could build me a better tuned header? Does any one manufacture stainless steel headers in Bangalore?
Old 19th February 2006, 20:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtea
Hey is it true that automech does not manufacture free flow systems for The Matiz anymore????
I just contacted their dealer here in Aizawl and he said that They do not make free flow systems for the Matiz anymore.
Can anyone confirm????
I don't really think it'd be a problem to make a freeflow for the matiz dude!
Why don't you email them and find out!
Old 19th February 2006, 20:56   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Dude rc book is your "registration certificate" issued by RTO. Earlier it used to be a small book now its a printed sheet.
well it depends I guess. When they are short of books they give those papers.

Its 9.5k for whole of santro kit. (was)
Old 20th February 2006, 04:04   #132
BHPian

i read that some1 installed a freeflow for the city frm automech.. how much did it cost? cuz i wanna get it for my ohc 1.5....

~cheers
-Ash
Old 20th February 2006, 04:12   #133
lancer_mania

im getting magnaflow exhaust from malaysia.is it worth the effort or will automech be able to get me and equally good free flow with headers for under 15k.

Old 20th February 2006, 09:19   #134
BHPian

Automech-Delhi

Tutu Dhawan is the automech dealer here,i am sure most of you know about him,he's really good at restoring & mods,trust me.

I spoke to him a few months back for the Header-->muffler mod for an OHC,12k(including installation) which i think is quite reasonable.

i am sure the same job would be much cheaper in bangalore & mumbai.
Old 20th February 2006, 16:05   #135
BHPian

yeah im lookin for the price of automech (mumbai) only... thnx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks