Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 01:27   #376
BHPian

seems like a long time this thread has been used.well guys i was planning for automech ffe but there site automechexhausts.com seems to be not working nowadays.please help.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:28   #377
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
seems like a long time this thread has been used.well guys i was planning for automech ffe but there site automechexhausts.com seems to be not working nowadays.please help.
That's funny! Automech has forgotten to renew their domain name.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:52   #378
BHPian

is there any way of contacting the automech guys?any email adress or phone numbers?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:38   #379
BHPian

Quote:
is there any way of contacting the automech guys?any email adress or phone numbers?
I contacted recently at following email - info@automechexhausts.com
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:29   #380
BHPian

Free Flow Exhaust in Chennai

Hi Guys,
I am posting this on behalf of my friend who has got a Zen.

I went through most of the thread in this forum for a FFE for Zen and i could come to a conclusion of AutoMech in Mumbai is the King on that. So, i mailed them asking for the rate and about few of my queries. They replied me that they have a dealer in chennai name Jahangir.

Today i called him and spoke to him on the same. He said that for a Zen 2006 MPFI engine, it would come to a Max of 12k (inclusive of header, intermediate pipe, expansion chamber, rear muffler, mailing charge from mumbai, fitting charge in chennai). He also added that there will be NO Catalytic Converter will be there in this Kit.

My query here are
1) Is any one from chennai got this done from Jahangir? If so how the work man ship is?
2) Is it good if we fix a FFE with out a Cat-Can. What will be effect of Cat-Can?
3) Is the rate he specified is nominal?
4) What are the things that we need to look for when we are ordering/fixing the FFE. I mean the things to ponder...

Thanks
Vishnu

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd February 2010 at 13:34. Reason: Please search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:30   #381
BHPian

the email id is no longer valid.although the site is working again,ill try contacting them through phone this week.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:28   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
Hi Guys,
I am posting this on behalf of my friend who has got a Zen.

I went through most of the thread in this forum for a FFE for Zen and i could come to a conclusion of AutoMech in Mumbai is the King on that. So, i mailed them asking for the rate and about few of my queries. They replied me that they have a dealer in chennai name Jahangir.

Today i called him and spoke to him on the same. He said that for a Zen 2006 MPFI engine, it would come to a Max of 12k (inclusive of header, intermediate pipe, expansion chamber, rear muffler, mailing charge from mumbai, fitting charge in chennai). He also added that there will be NO Catalytic Converter will be there in this Kit.

My query here are
1) Is any one from chennai got this done from Jahangir? If so how the work man ship is?
2) Is it good if we fix a FFE with out a Cat-Can. What will be effect of Cat-Can?
3) Is the rate he specified is nominal?
4) What are the things that we need to look for when we are ordering/fixing the FFE. I mean the things to ponder...

Thanks
Vishnu
hi , automech is good and cost effective in my opinion. If you are not into sound of the exhaust then just go for the headers only ! you can get the local exhaust guy to remove the CAT-CON and replace with a straight pipe or ask Jahangir to do that.

Best to remove the Cat-CON to make your exhaust Free Flow. Cat-Cons are very restrictive

Also, check with Kamalesh at Electra and Chikki at Hi-rev and Raghav at Ignite about the costs.

It is my opinion ( from experience )that you dont need to change the complete exhaust system for improved performance. Just the headers and removal of CAT would do.

You will hear about calculated diameteres, lengths of the complete exhaust etc etc. But those are just here says and not all of them actually design based on these parameters. You stock exhaust length is perfect, so just go for headers.

Ps. Dont order from out of town tuners. If it is bad quality or is a mis-fit , then you are in for a lot of headaches (again from experience)

Arjunrudra has his headers from Jahangir.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:53   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the email id is no longer valid.although the site is working again,ill try contacting them through phone this week.
hi ,
you can try these email ids

automecexhaust@rediffmail.com
automecexhaust@hotmail.com
Old 17th September 2010, 19:23   #384
BHPian

seems like automech has surely lost their mind,i was quoted 13k for a zen exhaust which i find is exhorbitant,the same was purchased by me in 08 end for some 7956 odd rupees.

its like almost double.....Raj on the other hand quoted 8k which was like quite fine,and plus raj is known for his awesum exhausts.

i doubt ill deal with automech again..surely out of my books for good
Old 17th September 2010, 19:43   #385
BHPian

Automech quoted me 4.8K for MS Muffler (Baleno). In two minds if i should go to him or not. But again even Raj seems to be not maintaining that standards what he was known for...(remembering reading about him somewhere here). But cost wise, he is supposed to be must cheaper and better. Its just that unlike before he is not dedicating time to his customers just do the job and send them off, typical business man...
Old 17th September 2010, 19:56   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Same here.
I paid 10.5k for a Zen exhaust 2 years back.
Its not just the price, the quality is not good at all.

Except for the headers all the other pipes was a rusted mess in a span of 18-20 months. Rattling like mad.

Sound was good for first 500kms, after that it was just loud.
I removed the muffler and fixed back the stock muffler.

Power gain was nonexistent. It was supposed to improve low end (drivability) it was too bad than stock. FE dropped to 10 (with sane right foot)

Hopeless.

Their strut braces were good. Rust free and nice.
Old 18th September 2010, 00:22   #387
Senior - BHPian

the authorised dealers of automech down south demand huge commissions and price goes up there.
the same FFE costs 2-3k cheaper when done in mumbai itself.
Old 18th September 2010, 08:05   #388
BHPian

The thing before was if you wanted you could place a order directly with them and have it the way one wanted,now even after requesting him he refuses to deal and insists that one has to give business to his dealers or else whats the whole point in having a dealer.....i find this real crappy as the dealer is charging a good 2 to 3 grand extra and that too the entire sum needs to be paid upfront and after that he will place a order which will take another 10days for the stuff to arrive.

I am really disapointed with this attitude.
Headers of automech seem to last although they are much more narrow then they should be,secondly rest of the piping etc is made from very low quality m.s which is then later brush painted with matt black paint,last two purchases of mine i had to spray the exhaust with heat resisitant paint to give it a longer life but it was in vain as after a month the exhaust was so freaking loud that i had to discard it..

Raj is good but far off....the only issue...besides that i found he delivered his word and i could rev my zen all the way up to cut off,unlike automech where the engine strained.

My dealing as of yesterday with automech has put me off totally,as after repeated reminders their so called golden dealer hasnt even bothered to call me back....seems like his too busy.

Il rather go stock then go automech...no offence to anyone
Old 18th September 2010, 08:55   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
seems like automech has surely lost their mind,i was quoted 13k for a zen exhaust which i find is exhorbitant,the same was purchased by me in 08 end for some 7956 odd rupees.

its like almost double.....Raj on the other hand quoted 8k which was like quite fine,and plus raj is known for his awesum exhausts.

Who is Raj? And whats the name & location of the company?
Old 4th November 2010, 04:58   #390
BHPian

Raj ??

Can someone post the contact details for this Raj ?

Where is he Mumbai ??

How does BAR exhaust compare with Automech ?

I am interested only in getting a more sporty note, Don't need any performance increase at all.

What do you guys suggest

Most Viewed