Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2015, 13:41   #16
ISO
BANNED

Re: Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi Stryker. Sorry to ask a silly question. Suppose the tyre pressure is above optimal level. Does this pump help in lowering it down to the primal level? Or is it useful only for raising the tyre pressure?
No question is silly. I have exactly same query. Does it have pressure relief valve? So as to equalize high pressure to set level.
Old 5th December 2015, 18:38   #17
BHPian

This Goodyear air pump is very similar to the one from Roger Motors. The size, look, materials, build quality, operation and specs all look similar except for two major differences:

1. The one from Roger has a battery powered detachable pressure gauge. This is very handy as we don't have to lug around the whole unit in order to measure the pressure. Only attach the unit for the tire where you need to inflate.

2. The price is Rs. 2880.

I was able to inflate a totally flat tire on my brother's car within couple of minutes.

Link to the product
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img_20151205_102512.jpg  

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img_20151205_093745-2.jpg  

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img_20151205_093848-2.jpg  

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img_20151205_093833.jpg  

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img_20151205_094356.jpg  

sohu9 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 06:54   #18
BHPian

Hello Stryker

Thanks for an excellent review. I was looking for a similar device as it is very convenient to have your own tyre pressure monitor and pump when you do short or long trips outside the city. Its a little pricey though. May be due to the " Goodyear" brand name.

Thanks for sharing and keep revving.
Old 6th December 2015, 09:55   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the great review, Stryker!

Can you please tell me the amps rating of the pump? 12V sockets typically are fused and have a max amps rating and it will help to know how much this pump consumes.
Old 6th December 2015, 13:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

I use this one , Coido and has done fairly well for now. With the coido the attempt was to really understand if i would actually use them often enough or it would be one of those toys which i buy but do not , fortunately i have and will in some time upgrade to a better one.

The problems with this one are primarily that it is really noisy and the valve itself feels very flimsy - as a result i need to take it off the tyre slowly which results in more air getting released.

The second big reason is that the gauge is analogue and slightly small with no auto cutoff , so one has to keep sitting there holding the pump down and looking for the needle hitting a small line which indicates your desired pressure.

But outside of the above two its done well and i might be off by a psi or so, i tend to go up 1 PSI when filling with the Coido.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Coido-3326-12...-/260954569129
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-kgrhquokpwfgosyvcy9brpzzefzww60_58.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 18:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Stryker. Sorry to ask a silly question. Suppose the tyre pressure is above optimal level. Does this pump help in lowering it down to the primal level? Or is it useful only for raising the tyre pressure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
No question is silly. I have exactly same query. Does it have pressure relief valve? So as to equalize high pressure to set level.
To answer you both, no, it doesn't have a pressure relief valve. But I found that half connecting the connector actually lets out air while still measuring the pressure. So that should serve the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I guess the simplest thing would be to run this from my XUV to my bike. I hope the wire is long enough. Let me know if you try this someday.
Yeah, I'll try that sometime and let you know. The cord is quite long (around 9 feet as I mentioned) so I don't see a problem if the bike is parked next to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
Thank You for this review and for clearing all my apprehensions, I am surely going for this.
Thanks, J_Man. This is one of the main reasons I decided to write this review, so that someone like you who is wondering will be able to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Its a little pricey though. May be due to the " Goodyear" brand name.
Thanbks, DrANTO. Yes, I'm sure the GoodYear brand name carries a premium, but in my experience brand name products are usually better built than the others. It's worth the higher price, IMO, since these are things you would want to last rather than change every year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Can you please tell me the amps rating of the pump?
Thanks, TheTeacher. I have mentioned it in the review, the pump has a 10A rating.
Stryker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 23:41   #22
BHPian

I bought a ResQ Tech pump after reading about it in Dheeraj's Harley ownership thread. Turns out the Co. is located a minute's walk from my apartment. The pump is quite small & can fit in the trouser pocket. It has an analog gauge & does its job perfectly. However, it sounds like an autorickshaw & is loud. For just Rs 999/- it's a steal. The co has quite a lot of other useful products as well like Car washers, etc. You can check out their website for details.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
1. The one from Roger has a battery powered detachable pressure gauge. This is very handy .....

2. The price is Rs. 2880.
Thanks, sohu9.

Purchased it after going through your review - the detachable pressure gauge is good feature.

Ordered it COD. There is a discount of Rs. 100/- if you pay up front.

Just for checking the efficiency, I deflated about 2 PSI and then used it for inflation. Took it hardly a couple of minutes to fill up.

Auto cut off feature is great.

Seven LED lamps (four white and three red) will come handy in emergencies.

It is loud, but doesn't create a racket like other cheap pumps

Leaflet says to keep the engine running while in use, which I did (rated current 10A).

A nice holding bag to store the unit is provided by the company.

(Prior to using the compressor, I had topped up the tyre pressure the day before to 30 psi. None of the four tyres recorded 30 in the gauge - to were 29.5, one was 32 and the other was 33 ; will wait for a week to take the readings again, to check the consistency of the tyres & the gauge)
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 17:23   #24
BHPian

Hi stryker. I purchased the Goodyear compressor from Amazon. However there seems to an issue. I connected the compressor to my car's power adaptor. Then I screwed the hose onto the tyre valve. Then I turned on the ignition. However the display of the compressor didn't power on even after 5 minutes. When I pressed the power switch the compressor started making the noise. Even the LED light was working. But the display was not showing anything. Another issue was that as I was screwing the hose on the valve, air started escaping from the tyre. Same issue was noticed while disconnecting the hose. Is there something wrong with the compressor? I have initiated the procedure for a replacement.
Old 8th September 2016, 22:36   #25
BHPian

Placed an order on Paytm i.e. https://paytm.com/shop/p/goodyear-rc...152464C6ED9113. An offer is going on in which Rs.500 cashback is available.
Old 10th September 2016, 18:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hi stryker. I purchased the Goodyear compressor from Amazon. However there seems to an issue. I connected the compressor to my car's power adaptor. Then I screwed the hose onto the tyre valve. Then I turned on the ignition. However the display of the compressor didn't power on even after 5 minutes. When I pressed the power switch the compressor started making the noise. Even the LED light was working. But the display was not showing anything. Another issue was that as I was screwing the hose on the valve, air started escaping from the tyre. Same issue was noticed while disconnecting the hose. Is there something wrong with the compressor? I have initiated the procedure for a replacement.
The unit definitely needs to be replaced. As far as air escaping while unscrewing/screwing, it does happen midway. The only workaround that i see is to unscrew/screw it quickly.

I got my unit today at a discounted price of Rs 2200 (Rs 2950 - Rs 750 Cashback). It works as expected.
Old 21st November 2016, 19:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

I got this for myself a few weeks ago before a long journey to Rajasthan. The Good Year RCP B2. Very affordable at Rs 1300 at a brick and mortar retail store. It rattles a lot but does the job of filling up air in a tyre well. There is no auto cut off facility. The jack that goes into the lighter holder is hard. Pushing it in or taking it out is a pain.

Comes with an attachment for filling air in a football. But no attachment for my Presta valve on the road bicycle. But then I am not sure if it can fill in 120 psi road cycle tyres. Good for my Schrader valve MTB bike though.

Useful thing to have in the boot.

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-goodyearcompressor_2854.jpg

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 21st November 2016 at 19:48.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 21:48   #28
BHPian

Bought a Goodyear tyre inflator from amazon.in and received it today. Tried it on my i10 and it works like magic for 3k. Very happy with this purchase. It's has an auto cut off at the pressure you've set. Sharing some pics.

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img20161123wa0006.jpg

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img20161123wa0007.jpg

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img20161123wa0008.jpg

Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-screenshot_20161123213847.png
gotcha797 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:09   #29
BHPian

Had a bad experience with this one, ordered it from Amazon India, plugged it into the car's 12v supply socket, it switched itself on, connected it to tyre nozzle, and as soon as I tried to switch on the compressor, it died, the fuse in its plug was blown. Replaced the fuse, the same thing happened again, returned it back to amazon. Had a talk with the tyre shop owner, which i usually visit, he showed me BellAire 3000 tyre inflator, and assured me that it was very good. Got it for ₹2200/-, and upto now it is working fine. It has an analogue tyre pressure gauge built in, an auto cut is also present, you can set the required pressure by rotating a ring around the gauge, which has a pointer, and it works flawlessly. It is not available at online sites in India, but is available on Amazon USA.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)-img_0300.jpg  

gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:38   #30
BHPian

Ordered Goodyear RCP-B31C from Amazon and it was delivered the next day. As usual smooth delivery via Amazon Prime.

I used the pump today to check/topup car tires. It hardly takes a few secs to topup 2-3 PSI

Then I also used it to pump in 90 psi into my cycle tires took about 2 secs per PSI. It slowed down a bit after 80-85 PSI but not complaining.

I loved the convenience of the pump. With the puncture repair kit and an air pump, i can venture on road trips with one less thing to worry about.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks