Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2006, 07:19   #16
BHPian

Hi guys,

speedzak, Thanks for that tip on speedoerrors dude!!
Well...I know how emperor guys deal with thier customers unless otherwise you have a Merc or BMW!!! Thier work quality and stock ranges are the factors which keep them going....!! Zuhemi is an expert on ICE!
Hey..can you help me in picking the best ones for 20K from them?!! If possible, I can pick you from off/home and drop back! What say?!

iraghava, Thanks for that upsize tip dude!!! But howz the ride and handling?!! Any issues??!! Low profile!! ThatzY am asking this?!!
Thanks in adance!!
Old 16th September 2006, 08:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

I agree

I agree with iraghava. If you are willing to upsize to 15" wheels then 195/60-R-15 is the best fit. Also I have 205/55-R15 on my swift Zxi also and I have not faced any problems with them. Also I diagree with speedzak. When he says speedo error is not important. I agree that there is already some error on the stock tyres from the company itself. But what is the point in making it worse. At the very least stick as close as possible to the error the car comes with. I will give you a simple example.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If with the stock tyre (185/70-R14) you are doing 100kmph then with 195/60-R14 even at 100 the speedo will 95.9 kmph. But if you go for 195/60-R15 then the speedo will show 100.1kmph. Now you decide whether speedo error is important or not.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]regards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Vikram[/SIZE]
Old 16th September 2006, 12:19   #18
BANNED

It's better to go for an upsize tyre which will show you higher speeds. See if you can get anything which can make speedo errors of 40%+ so that you can grin while looking at the speedo everytime.

Feel free to contact me anytime for any help regarding cars and accessories. Emperor can be sorted out too. No picking up necessary because I love driving my car.
Old 16th September 2006, 12:26   #19
BHPian

hi there,

vikram_d, well explained!! Thanks for that... ! What bout Odo errors which may caused due this?!!

speedzak, Ugh thanks man!! OK!! I'll call you once I take delivery of my car!! Its from Indus...probably on wednesday!!
Hey, I called up general motors to find the cost of body color painted rear spoiler.. its 3750 /-there.. and 15,500/- for 'Saddles' Leather seat cover!! What say??!!
cheers

Last edited by nikkibike : 16th September 2006 at 12:28.
Old 16th September 2006, 13:34   #20
BANNED

Regarding the spoilers, dont decide until you see the finish and quality of the product.
And for leather seats, I'll bet on Stanley rather than Saddles. Not that it ain't good, but I have experience with Stanleys. That's all.
Whom did you contact in General?
Old 16th September 2006, 14:35   #21
BHPian

hi there..

speedzak, OK!! Why??!!...any such bad experiance??! Anyways...I'll see the fit and finish before finalising the deal!! I spoke to a Tamilian guy there...I didn't asked his name btw!!!
Stanleys are a bit costlier than Saddles... Its 17.5k for stanley I guess!! What bout its maintenance??!! Have you shampoo-ed yours??!! Any problems with it during sunny days??!! Lemme know..
Thanks...cheers!
Old 16th September 2006, 14:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

ODO Error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
vikram_d, well explained!! Thanks for that... ! What bout Odo errors which may caused due this?!!
Well to be entirely honest I dont think there will be an ODO error as these things are controlled from the gear box and the ODO is an electronic one in the swift. But I may be wrong. One of the gurus please clarify this as I have this doubt too.

regards
Vikram
Old 16th September 2006, 17:11   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
speedzak, OK!! Why??!!...any such bad experiance??! Anyways...I'll see the fit and finish before finalising the deal!! I spoke to a Tamilian guy there...I didn't asked his name btw!!!
Stanleys are a bit costlier than Saddles... Its 17.5k for stanley I guess!! What bout its maintenance??!! Have you shampoo-ed yours??!! Any problems with it during sunny days??!! Lemme know..
Thanks...cheers!
Well!! No bad info regarding Saddles with me.
I told you I've only tried Stanleys earlier and those were excellent. It was completely a driver maintained family car and I never used to maintain it myself. I think it used to be shampooed couple a times.
But no problems in sun other than the hot leather smell it produces which was not so bad. It was a perforated type and it used to absorb body heat well too. Now, that vehicle has been sold. And it was installed in bangalore.
But overall, I'd recommend Art leather because it's more suitable for our climate I think.

General guys (Mr. Sivakumar and his bro Mr. Subrahmaiam) are very much courteous than Emperor. But the boys who do the work are not experts in their job. I've had small niggling problems for almost everything I've got fitted from there. This was not the case with Emperor.
Old 16th September 2006, 17:29   #24
BHPian

hi

speedzak, Hey I was reffering to the Spoiler that I'll check the fit and finish before going for a deal... and not reg the leather seats!!
Anyways, Thanks for the tip on ART LEATHER!! Stanley's high quality 'art leather' stuff (with breathing perforations) is available in Emperor for 8.5k!!!! Shall I go for that??!! I use my car daily for 3 years!! Any issues to be expected??!! Normally I shampoo my cars every six months... so maintenance is anyway regular for me!!
Reg General guys... thanks for that information dude...ugh!! Anyways...thanks a ton again!!! Pl comment!
Old 16th September 2006, 18:07   #25
BANNED

To comment on that is not just right now as I have'nt yet sat in a car with saddles in it. And regarding art leather or leather, Both has it's raves and raunts. It's upto you to decide what's important for you.
If I was in your place, I would go in for Artleather.

And spoilers! I've seen plenty of locally and poorly made of bad quality fibre ones these days selling cheaper than sardines. So make sure to inspect the strength and finish before finalizing. That'll save you from lot of trouble.
And if you're interested, you can get the WRC type spoilers sold for around 10-15k from Kitup guys in Coimbatore!!!
Old 16th September 2006, 18:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
you can get the WRC type spoilers sold for around 10-15k from Kitup guys in Coimbatore!!!
boss any ref pics please
Old 16th September 2006, 18:29   #27
BHPian

Hi there

speedzak, Thanks again dude!! Am interested in Stanley's Art leather...coz its comparitively cheap and 'must be' good quality item as it comes from Stanley's stable!! Besides, I'll use the car only for 3 years!!! So dun wanna go for very costly stuffs! What say?!! Reg Spoilers, I'll be very carefull selecting it!!! OR otherwise we both will go and choose it!! If its available from Emperor..well and good! What say!

cheers!
Old 16th September 2006, 19:21   #28
BANNED

@a4a. I've got pics in my comp. Now I'm posting from phone, will get you later.

Spoilers from Emperor! Well be ready to spend a bomb! They dont like guys bargaining.
Did you ask anybody else than indus for the MGA spoiler's price? Pl do it. Maybe popular can give you one for a better price.
Old 16th September 2006, 19:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Spoilers from Emperor! Well be ready to spend a bomb! They dont like guys bargaining.
Been there - done that, Zak? Emperor tends to put you off with their attitude, even if they reputedly do good work. I think they take the name of their establishment VERY seriously.
Old 16th September 2006, 19:39   #30
BANNED

I'm always being there... And doing that almost every 2nd day! :shoccked

But there's no other place where we can find everything under one roof with work quality to match.

Their attitude is being put on right course these days due to growing competition and T-Bhpians.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks