Team-BHP - rear wiper for swift lxi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   rear wiper for swift lxi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/17158-rear-wiper-swift-lxi.html)

dear friends,

I have a Swift LXi. But during rains i am having a lot of problem due to lack of rear wiper.

I asked the maruti dealer "autovista" and they told me that installing a rear wiper can cost me 25000 :Shockked:, as they will have to change rear glass and stuff.

can someone guide me, if i can get a rear wiper attached to my swift without so much cost, as the maruti guys claim.

also by installing a rear wiper from a non maruti dealer........can it void my warranty?

and also is any spray or something be used on glass, so raindrops wont stay on the glass?

regards,
CarDude

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarDude
dear friends,

and also is any spray or something be used on glass, so raindrops wont stay on the glass?

regards,
CarDude

There is a spray avialble with Windshiel experts, since am thier old customer they offered me last month for a trial on my glass, and wt i forgot thanx to you will be going for tom. am known to this product bfr also, it works well ya
Cheers
W.A

Man, more details of those sprays please.

BTW, the viper will be the best bet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude
There is a spray avialble with Windshiel experts, since am thier old customer they offered me last month for a trial on my glass, and wt i forgot thanx to you will be going for tom. am known to this product bfr also, it works well ya
Cheers
W.A

whats the name of the spray?

@car dude:even you dont get it done from the dealer anplace else will also charge 15-20k as the rear wiper consists of a motor which has to be mounted in the dicky.wiring,motor assembly,blades will cost that much.the rear windshield will have to be removed etc.

Any other option avialable?

wider rear mud flaps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarDude (Post 368441)
Any other option avialable?

Yea...Stop your car on the side,get down and clean from time to time...Thats what we do...
Well i hear that if your vipers;) dont work then rup potato on the glass..this allows the drops to roll off...

Fitting a rear wiper will be real expensive...

25k is not that big an amount considering that fitting the rear wiper on the Santro used to cost near 35- 40k... (as the rear door itself has to be changed, they say)

Easier for you to pay someone to latch himself to the rear windshield and clean the glass in realtime. An elf should be ideal for the job.
You could consider bolting a chair outside onto the rear bumper for the elf to sit when the car is in motion

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarDude (Post 293804)
whats the name of the spray?

Rain Repellent. Cost: approx 200. Its a MGA accessory available with most of the maruti dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 368525)
Easier for you to pay someone to latch himself to the rear windshield and clean the glass in realtime. An elf should be ideal for the job.
You could consider bolting a chair outside onto the rear bumper for the elf to sit when the car is in motion

theFag wont this hamper the aerodynamics of the car as the elflings will be very heavy :p

But seriously 25000 for rear wiper is high way roberry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 368546)
theFag ...:p

Ouch. Below the belt. Below the belt. No fair.

The shameless slander of my good name & my 'charitra goon' on this thread was just brought to my attention by a concerned friend & fellow member. You know who you are & I thank you. :)

@CarDude: If, as certain closet residing members suggest, you wish to hire me to wipe your rear glass whilst it was raining, it would cost you a helluva lot more than a measly 25k that Autovista or another dealer would charge you. And you'd have to install a LazyBoy on your rear bumper. For 25k, you wouldn't even get 2 bottles of crotch warmed Chablis for me.

On the other hand, if one was to actually arrive at a cost effective solution based upon the aforementioned Tweetybird's suggestion, then why not hire the ladyboy himself, the one & only... theFAG? You could get him for 20 bucks a month (for all sorts of nefarious activities), plus he'd be so happy at being gainfully employed, that he'd whip out his frilly, lacy underpants to do the job for you. You can buy him his favourite brand of cheap red lipstick as a Diwali bonus.

There is one disadvantage though, apart from his irritating petulance & general 'nakhras'... he'll only do your car if it's in his favourite pink, mauve or lavender colours.

PS: Why is everybody asking Jiggy to clean the rear glass? Last time I checked, that rubber insert on a long hard rod that indulges in an oscillatory motion was called a wiper. A windshield wiper. Not a viper.

PPS: @CarDude: There is no real solution to your problem, apart from taking the plunge & actually getting the rear wiper installed. Your problem might be excaberated by the airflow patterns & the venturi effect if you have a spoiler attatched to your roof. Do you?

25k is crazy! the spray seems to be a decent soln or maybe you could just get a rear camera with a screen in place of the mirror would turn out much cheaper and i think would solve the prupose!! if the cameras in a sheltered location!!