Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 00:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2

It was nearly when i had crossed 20k kms on the ODO when I got the itch to modify my jet a bit, wanted to specially fill up those empty button slots near the gear lever
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-switches.jpg

1. Self parking (PLA 2.0)

This was the most exciting one, Got the kit from aliexpress (Obviously) Since i have the highline version, Which already has 8 sensors, a compatible ESP and MFD i just had to add 4 more sensors, Replace the 2 rear ABS sensors and replace the Park assist module, Sounds simple eh? Well not really! Locating the park assist control module was a pain, Even VW said its in the boot but it wasn't, Looked everywhere and found it behind the instrument cluster and to access it the whole dashboard had to be removed

Installation:
There are a couple of instruction manuals available online for the pla 2.0 install, Also a diagram which clearly shows where would all the wiring go. I was at wagenwerks for this install everything seemed to go well until the car was put back together and switched on, All sorts of error lights came up (As expected) Which did not even go away after some coding! Feeling helpless i contacted AVS tuning here in Mumbai, Since i know the guy personally, I told him everything and he agreed to help me out, He had the car for 2 days and he got everything fixed, There was also a wiring problem so he had to again open up the whole dashboard plus the front and rear bumpers! But gladly they got the work done for me and the system works like a charm.

They also activated the 360 OPS for me, But unfortunately they must have missed checking some wiring because of which i do not get any sound alerts if any object is next to the car, Can only see it on the screen, And also a couple of rattles from the dashboard, I hope they will fix it for me soon.

Would rate AVS tuning 9/10 for their work, Surely it costed me a bomb to rectify all the problem and get the kit working but well worth the price.
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-360-ops.jpg

The old and the New Module.
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-old-new-pla-module.jpg

Had taken a rough video,

2. New pedals

Got these from aliexpress, Fits well, Not only does it look good, Using the brake and clutch pedal feels really grippy now, Totally worth it.

Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-pedals.jpg

3. ESP (ASR) Off switch

One has to actually need to experience how much power the esp cuts off while taking off from a standstill ! Its fun launching the car once a while with the ASR off, Deactivating it also helps while driving on a beach, Got it from aliexpress too, Installation was simple, The wire goes into the ABS control module pin number 9 and power is taken from the cigarette lighter, 2014 + Models need coding the ABS module as well for it to get working.

Bold values have been changed.
A14B400C49240003850B02E7921E0041A1180022

Only the bold values have to be changed and is needed for the ESP switch to be activated, Once done you also get a notification on the MFD when its activated and deactivated, Also shows the yellow esp light when its deactivated.

Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-asr-activated.jpg
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-asr-deactivated.jpg

4. New can gateway. (AN Version)

Got it for from aliexpress again for a dirt cheap price, My current can gateway was the "AK" version which doesn't support the fatigue recognition, Or the 360 OPS, I wanted both and hence got it, Installation was simple, Can gateway was located above the clutch pedal, Swapped it with the New AN version, Copy pasted the coding, But the most important thing is ticking all the boxes in the installation list from the previous can gateway, Hence i had taken pictures and ticked all the boxes in the installation list, Activated driver alert and it was all set. Scan showed no fault code and everything is working as it should.

Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-new-can-gateway.jpg
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-driver-alert.jpg

Rain closing a very nifty feature which helped me save my interiors a couple of times during the last monsoon.
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-rain-closing.jpg

Was at the mall for some work and decided to give the car polish, though unsure of the outcome the price at which i was offered was pretty mouthwatering, Went ahead with it and i can easily say it was just worth the price i paid.
Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2-after-polish.jpg

A big thank you to bhpain blackwasp and ajaypjayaraj for their inputs!
Also to AVS tuning for coming to the rescue and fixing everything for me at priority.
Also to wagenwerks for trying.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd December 2015 at 14:21.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2

Self-parking post moved to a new thread. Thanks for sharing.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:00   #3
BHPian

This is an amazing mod but your Jetta is a Manual & this means inputs from you for reversing or putting in first gear. Is the system equipped to handle an automatic transmission on its own?
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
This is an amazing mod but your Jetta is a Manual & this means inputs from you for reversing or putting in first gear. Is the system equipped to handle an automatic transmission on its own?

Yes i need to put the car in reverse or 1st gear whenever the car tells me to, As faar as i can recall even in the automatic you need to change from D to reverse.
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:34   #5
BHPian

Awesome mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yes i need to put the car in reverse or 1st gear whenever the car tells me to, As faar as i can recall even in the automatic you need to change from D to reverse.
That is interesting. How about clutch release? Do you need to release as if you would normally drive?
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:44   #6
Team-BHP Support

Awesome modification!

Please fill us in with more details. You did run into some issues going by the post on the VCDS thread.

And come on! A better video on a bright sunny day please? This definitely deserves one. It's an insanely cool party trick!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Awesome mod.

That is interesting. How about clutch release? Do you need to release as if you would normally drive?
Thanks!

Yes you need to release the clutch, As the car starts crawling after that you can speed up the process till 8-9kph, If you cross 10 kph the car will automatically brake and it will cancel the park assist function saying the speed was too high, Parking anywhere between 5-8 kph is the sweet spot and frankly even manually you can't really park perfectly at a higher speed than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Awesome modification!

Please fill us in with more details. You did run into some issues going by the post on the VCDS thread.

And come on! A better video on a bright sunny day please? This definitely deserves one. It's an insanely cool party trick!
Thank you gannu! Indeed its a lovely party trick! Specially if you are with a opposite gender

I will update this thread with more details, pictures, Videos, Problems i faced and the Solutions soon, Have been travelling a lot in the past 2 weeks which has kept me really busy.
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

That has to be the coolest mod I've seen for a while. Great stuff.
What is the success rate? When does the captain have to take over?

Quote:
Indeed its a lovely party trick! Specially if you are with a opposite gender
Hope the person doesn't misinterpret this as you inability to park
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
That has to be the coolest mod I've seen for a while. Great stuff.
What is the success rate? When does the captain have to take over?
Thanks man! I would rate the success rate anywhere between 80-90%, Since its all plug and play, The most crucial thing is the wiring, Rest everything is pretty straight forward. Also love how the car unparks the car for you, A very useful feature indeed. Will post a detailed review soon.

Quote:
Hope the person doesn't misinterpret this as you inability to park
That string in anyone's brain usually won't be activated, (Hope so) Though in a lightly dim area, With a few weird expressions, Voices and the self parking activated, Anyone can surely get freaked out
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 01:32   #10

Congrats on the install
Would you mind giving a detailed pricing for all the mods. I was thinking of getting this done on my jetta too

Cheers
sathya9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 12:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Great to see this installed in your car. After a bit of a scare, the autopark is finally working.

Enjoy.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 16:31   #12
BHPian

Wow! You went ahead with the mod I see. Seems to have come out very well. Good stuff!!

What has this done to your warranty? Will there be any issues if the service center plug the car into their system?

I am guessing that your Jetta is probably the only one in India to have had self-park installed?
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya9999 View Post
Congrats on the install

Would you mind giving a detailed pricing for all the mods. I was thinking of getting this done on my jetta too

Cheers

Thanks man!
Will surely put up the detailed information soon, In a bit of travelling currently. Do get it for your jetta as well, The system is very smart and worth the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Great to see this installed in your car. After a bit of a scare, the autopark is finally working.

Enjoy.

A bit of scare would be an understatement haha, Yeah glad its working fine, Thanks for all the time you have man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Wow! You went ahead with the mod I see. Seems to have come out very well. Good stuff!!

What has this done to your warranty? Will there be any issues if the service center plug the car into their system?

I am guessing that your Jetta is probably the only one in India to have had self-park installed?

Everyone has just been asking me about the warranty, For obvious reasons, Unless and until nothing goes wrong i dont want to think about it, Should affect the warranty though since its all VW oem parts used but still cannot trust the VW service centres to understand that, Since there is no fault code in the car scan, VW won't really bother.

I too think its the only jetta, Have seen a couple of lauras with it too though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 12:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man!
Will surely put up the detailed information soon, In a bit of travelling currently. Do get it for your jetta as well, The system is very smart and worth the money!
Hi Tanveer Can this self Park Asisst be fitted only for VW cars How much did it cost totally. Can this be done for the Ford Ecosport AT which I currently drive.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th January 2016 at 01:01. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 14:49   #15
BHPian

That's a great mod-job, Tanveer. I had experienced this in a Volvo before. It's a drool-worthy feature!
Can you deactivate it at any point? Like take over manually?

Most Viewed