Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 22:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, IMO .. I think this is a total waste of money !! Why the hell wud you want a reverse camera fitted ... if you are a gud driver you should be able to jusge the distance between you and the car behind you .. unless you are 60+ and have a neck problem which stops you from looking over yur shoulder ...
I wud have understood even if it was a huge car but cumon A SWIFT !!!

Just practise a bit and you wud easily have gotten the hang of getting to know how far you are from the object behind you .... !!!

On the other hand , if you like to show off your gizmos then I guess its a neat thing to impress people !!!

Cheers
IMO having devices which assist driving are good. No matter how good a driver you are, there is always an element of chance you take while reversing in tight spots or small kids behind you.
And i dont put a huge sticker on back of my car saying "camera is here" : there is a minimal chance that others on road know that there is a camera in car.
Old 26th November 2006, 02:25   #47
BHPian

update:

I got the camera adjusted a little downwards, so now I can see the road below more properly & its giving a much better judgement
Old 26th November 2006, 23:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarDude View Post
update:

I got the camera adjusted a little downwards, so now I can see the road below more properly & its giving a much better judgement
I AGREE
yeh khaadu bhai ek to bahut lamba hain to isey lagta sab isiki tarah hain
bhai kabhi duniya ko 1 fut nichey aakey bhi to dekh
morever he is a married man,,, so dont tell him about wasting money on gizmos please
slaam khaadu
Wadhwa Ajay

Last edited by a4_attitude : 26th November 2006 at 23:31.
Old 27th November 2006, 03:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Arrey come on guys Khaadu has a valid point. A good driver should be able to park his car without any aids like Cameras or Parking aids. I can park an OHC perfectly with the help of just the rear-view mirrors then why do you guys need aids like Cameras? I agree with him that they are nothing more than a waste of money!

If you guys want proof ask aZa, Hellspawn!
Old 27th November 2006, 13:00   #50
BHPian

Good gadget. I want to get one installed on my car as well......
Old 27th November 2006, 16:21   #51
BHPian

Anyone in deslhi who does this install

Hello Evryone,

Does anyone know of nyone in new delhi or gurgaon who sells the rear view camera/LCd and installs it.

Regards,
Preet
Old 27th November 2006, 16:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

this is a nice piece buddy it costs about Rs.6800 JVC ad Rs.300 installation at Lamington road so u guys can grab this neat thing very useful
Old 27th November 2006, 23:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Reverse camera

Batra car care in Green park, New Delhi does that. I got one installed in my Scorpio from him. Has done a good job.

Call Deepak Batra on 9810205470 and give my reference (Black Scorpio with a yellow bull head on the bonnet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Hello Evryone,

Does anyone know of nyone in new delhi or gurgaon who sells the rear view camera/LCd and installs it.

Regards,
Preet
Old 28th November 2006, 18:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Batra car care in Green park, New Delhi does that. I got one installed in my Scorpio from him. Has done a good job.

Call Deepak Batra on 9810205470 and give my reference (Black Scorpio with a yellow bull head on the bonnet).

Thanks bro. How much did it cost?
Old 28th November 2006, 18:26   #55
BHPian

in kashmiri gate its avialble with rear view screen for 8000/-
Old 28th November 2006, 19:24   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I AGREE
yeh khaadu bhai ek to bahut lamba hain to isey lagta sab isiki tarah hain
bhai kabhi duniya ko 1 fut nichey aakey bhi to dekh
morever he is a married man,,, so dont tell him about wasting money on gizmos please
slaam khaadu
Wadhwa Ajay
, U never cease to make me laff !!! ek fut neeche aur ek foot upar ki baat hi nahin hain .. I learnt driving when I was one foot down and that too on a willys jeep and it didnt even have rear view mirrors !!

As for the marriage part .... u are about to get married and u sold the gizmo called ' Sera ' and went for the swift , u stopped attending the meets after the engagement so I hate to imagine how many gizmos of urs wud go outta teh window the day u do tie the knot ... As for the gizmos, most of them that I have are gifts from wifey dear ... I want to sell Palio but wifey refuses to let me ... Bhai, waisa nahin hain jaisa aap sochte hain ... Hum alag hi duniya se hain ..

btw when do u get married .... coz u surely will vanish from team-bhp then ... hahahahaha

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Since I was amongst the few first ones to have it installed as soon as it was introduced in the market, it costed me a cool 15K. BTW, this unit comes with 4 reverse sensors and a 6" LCD screen unlike the 3" screen that comes in DICOR VX

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Thanks bro. How much did it cost?
Old 2nd December 2006, 11:35   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
, U never cease to make me laff !!! ek fut neeche aur ek foot upar ki baat hi nahin hain .. I learnt driving when I was one foot down and that too on a willys jeep and it didnt even have rear view mirrors !!

As for the marriage part .... u are about to get married and u sold the gizmo called ' Sera ' and went for the swift , u stopped attending the meets after the engagement so I hate to imagine how many gizmos of urs wud go outta teh window the day u do tie the knot ... As for the gizmos, most of them that I have are gifts from wifey dear ... I want to sell Palio but wifey refuses to let me ... Bhai, waisa nahin hain jaisa aap sochte hain ... Hum alag hi duniya se hain ..

btw when do u get married .... coz u surely will vanish from team-bhp then ... hahahahaha

Cheers
khaaduu boss keep your eyes open i will be showing up my latest gizmo very soon,,,,,,,

PS the cost I posted is without any sensors just a LCD screen and camera
well infact NIGHT VISION camera is also now avialble in market only 37k
hahaha
Old 2nd December 2006, 12:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I saw the side cams in a concept car in autoshow 2004. that would be good especially in india beause u can mount it in a safe place and eliminate the side rear-view mirrors completely.
Excellent suggestion vivek, i always thinking about a replacement for the side view mirrors fearing the bikers on the road and other cars' side view mirrors comming on the opposite sides, now i will consider this setup on the right side, may be with the LCD on the right bottom side on the wind sheild.

Also the display can also be placed on the wind sheild facing the driver or on the car dash facing the wind sheild and place a 'CD cover' which inturn reflects the image if one doesnt like to stick the LCD on the wind sheild.(this is not my own idea, i have seen this arrangement in some auto show in the TV).
Old 2nd December 2006, 12:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey Cardude, appreciate ur efforts to post up such a great gadget! this should be put up for a Must Buy! Hope u havnt been seeing up things u shouldnt be seeing with this rear view camera of urs!

One thing dude, can u tilt this camera towards down facing a bit? i think if its faced down a bit, u will have a better rear view that will be help in even better parking than u get now. and will also show u of obstacles very near to ur car, like a stone or open manhole, child, etc.
hey man, one can also try with a bubble camera, which gives greater angle of view but it takes some time practising with a bubble camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks