Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 15:07   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
hey, nice install ankur. this way the camera is pretty safe & clean too. BTW, it is not a reverse light, it is a stop lamp. cheers
Yeah sorry about the error, i mistyped it as i meant to say its wired to the revese light but mounted in the stop lamp .

cheers.
Old 15th December 2006, 16:25   #77
BHPian

I have installed mine below the rear centre break lamp in the Tucson.

I got the camera from Singapore for around Sg$150.00, it has brilliant clarity, but there is just one problem i am facing. This is nightvision camera, and has very good clear picture of the rear in pitch dark, but at times, the infrared lights of the nightvision thing, hits the rear windshield and gives a lil hazy picture, as this camera is supposed to be mounted in teh open, but in India u just cant think of doing that! so, in the night, the light reflects the rear windshield. Will have to think of a way to deal with it!
Old 15th December 2006, 19:30   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
I have installed mine below the rear centre break lamp in the Tucson.

I got the camera from Singapore for around Sg$150.00, it has brilliant clarity, but there is just one problem i am facing. This is nightvision camera, and has very good clear picture of the rear in pitch dark, but at times, the infrared lights of the nightvision thing, hits the rear windshield and gives a lil hazy picture, as this camera is supposed to be mounted in teh open, but in India u just cant think of doing that! so, in the night, the light reflects the rear windshield. Will have to think of a way to deal with it!
try fitting it in a place where the camera can hug the glass tight.
Old 20th December 2006, 02:29   #79
BHPian

I went to Jai Car yesterday. The owner told me that some guy from south india called him asking for reverse camera. I would love to know which bhpian was it?
Old 31st December 2006, 17:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

i have taken your swift idea and installed reverse camera in baleno

Old 2nd January 2007, 09:49   #81
BHPian

I am not a liker of this gadget actually but i happen to be the one who has been to japan for a long time recently and I actually explored almost all upcoming gadgets in japanese car market. This was something whic is almost vanished from Japan because its almost installed by all the car manufacturers in almost all versions like by Toyota, missubishi, suzuki (rarely), Diahatsu, Subaru, Honda etc and so on.... But there also If you would want to install one with a rear view mirror, the complete set comes for around 11k yen which is not more that Rs 4500... add some hundreds for the installation in India.... With LCD it was for 4000 yen extra which is another Rs 1800 approx.... these prices were in Oct 2006, might be a bit lesser. I might not go back to Japan again soon but if somebody visits Japan, there is a chain of Stores called YAmada Tenki in Nothern japan which is still selling these....
Old 2nd January 2007, 10:07   #82
BHPian

Also another good gadget was very cheap digital speedometer similar to the one in CIVIC but that one was in Orange color and a chinese make.... he he now people have actually started importing things from China in Japan.. I wonder what not these chinese can do with such cheap rates for everything... The Digital speedometer was for 9900 Yen and could only be installed as an extra speedometer (it cant replace your own speedometer) due to its non compatability with design of our indian models....
Old 13th February 2007, 00:05   #83
BHPian

i am glad that this thread is useful to many members

my reverse cam is working fine.....and is very helpful in parking in tight spots
Old 13th February 2007, 01:08   #84
BHPian

Can the night vision camera if placed infront help during fog?
Old 13th February 2007, 21:58   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
i guess i cant answer that query :(

because i live in mumbai.........i've never experienced fog.
Old 27th February 2007, 13:57   #86
BHPian

Actually I am impressed and planning to install reverse camera and lcd/mirror on my Bolero.

1. Can anyone suggest a good place on Bolero other than drilling rear bumper?.

2. Anyone knows who does a good fixing job in Bangalore?.
Old 28th February 2007, 16:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

The camera is a poor imitation and extension of the eye. What the eye can see, the camera can see too.

Now coming to your query, the night vision camera, if using infrared to locate objects, will not be of much help since it might show up only the objects emitting heat. What about objects like boulders or potholes that don't emit heat plus stationery vehicles like rikshaws etc.

Would the experts like to comment on this please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Old 1st March 2007, 18:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Actually I am impressed and planning to install reverse camera and lcd/mirror on my Bolero.

1. Can anyone suggest a good place on Bolero other than drilling rear bumper?.

2. Anyone knows who does a good fixing job in Bangalore?.
Check the below URL for more info on sensors and where to get them from
== HOME ==

Last edited by anarchist : 1st March 2007 at 18:39.
Old 16th July 2007, 18:42   #89
BHPian

I have a similar camera fitted in my Swift with a LCD screen on the mirror. fitted along with the rear sensors it does help in parking in tough spots. Its cool in a way since it supports lateral inversion of images ( ie if they appear like when u see written stuff in a mirror). During the day the mirror works just fine, but at night ( in low light) the camera activates infrared and this makes the picture ultra bright. I dont seem to see anything once that happens. My question was is there a way to disable infrared ( its not in the menu) or will putting black duck tape on those white leds around the camera help ?
Old 5th May 2009, 10:36   #90
BHPian

One doubt.

Hope this is not been already asked.

Does the camera work only when we engage reverse gear or is there any switch by with we can view the camera even when we are in foward motion. ie. we can use the camera instead of the RVM. Something like what our city volvo a/c buses have.

Most Viewed