Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 13:08   #91
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Does the camera work only when we engage reverse gear or is there any switch by with we can view the camera even when we are in foward motion. ie. we can use the camera instead of the RVM. Something like what our city volvo a/c buses have.
It is fitted with the camera power coming from the reverse light power wire and hence usually works only when reverse gear is engaged. I am sure it can be connected to a separate switch or even have a permanent power supply to it.

Interesting idea!
Old 5th May 2009, 13:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

I have replaced the reverse cam to a wireless one and it works better now and remains on always when car is powered.
Old 5th May 2009, 14:16   #93

hey CarDude,
thats an amazing mod for your ride ... love the polymorphism ( sorry if I sound geeky )
Old 30th October 2009, 16:48   #94
Team-BHP Support

Sachin - do you also have the set up that CarDude has put up? How would you compare it with Golden Eye (I know you stock that one). I'm a little tentative about fixing a separate LCD screen on the dashboard - afraid that with time it might start shaking / rattling. I had spoken to Rahul quite some time back on fixing this but just never got the time to come around. Will come soon hopefully to get this set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgurnani View Post
There's also another mirror that has a small 2.5" LCD screen within the mirror as the screen & comes along with the camera that can be installed into any car bumper...this one is more common in the U.S. .. good quality
Old 30th October 2009, 21:29   #95

Hey there are now many types of options
1. Rear view mirror with LCD screen
2. Rear View Mirror with LCD Screen & Bluetooth
3. Rear View Mirror with LCD Screen & USB/SD card input to watch video
4. Dash mount 3.5" LCD display

Sorry I'm not really sure which setup CarDude has? When a reverse camera is installed, for power it is connected via the reverse tail lamp so it powers on when in reverse gear. If you dont have an in-dash LCD setup then you will need to put in a seperate LCD for viewing the rear view camera display. Some of the items need to be in stock as that varies with the company, so do let me know which interests you.

The Golden Eye LCD screen doesn't rattle or make noises even later. It has a good solid base & can be screwed on the dashboard if you're comfortable with it for even sturdier installation. Else the adhesive on it is good enough for many installations.

We also have a new product for rear parking for those who have a in-dash LCD, we can connect Parking Sensors to the same LCD display. (New Arrival)

Hope I answered your query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sachin - do you also have the set up that CarDude has put up? How would you compare it with Golden Eye (I know you stock that one). I'm a little tentative about fixing a separate LCD screen on the dashboard - afraid that with time it might start shaking / rattling. I had spoken to Rahul quite some time back on fixing this but just never got the time to come around. Will come soon hopefully to get this set up.
Old 31st October 2009, 06:50   #96
Team-BHP Support

many thanks for the detailed response. I'll pop over sometime soon and check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgurnani View Post

Hope I answered your query
Old 31st October 2009, 09:05   #97
knp
BHPian

^sgurnani, do you have your products available at Bangalore? I am looking for one with LCD and bluetooth.
Old 31st October 2009, 10:02   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
^sgurnani, do you have your products available at Bangalore? I am looking for one with LCD and bluetooth.
Hi,
Sorry we dont have setup in Bangalore, but I could send you anything you would like.Do contact us directly for the same.
Old 5th November 2009, 22:06   #99
BHPian

I am interested too in getting a sensor which can display on my in Dash LCD. I also want a camera which can display along with the sensor display. Basically the sensor information should be overlayed on the camera video.

sgurnani - you have something like this ? You mentioned in your post below that you have sensors which can use your existing LCD. Which number do I reach you on? I want this stuff in Bangalore.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:20   #100
BHPian

important links

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
I am interested too in getting a sensor which can display on my in Dash LCD. I also want a camera which can display along with the sensor display. Basically the sensor information should be overlayed on the camera video.

sgurnani - you have something like this ? You mentioned in your post below that you have sensors which can use your existing LCD. Which number do I reach you on? I want this stuff in Bangalore.
@Suneet/Knp

Sorry for bumping in but I think I may have inputs for you. Check out the following links:

1) Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

2) Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

3) Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

Thanks,
Old 4th December 2009, 05:18   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarDude View Post
I went to Jai Car yesterday. The owner told me that some guy from south india called him asking for reverse camera. I would love to know which bhpian was it?
Nice work CarDude, that LCD RV Mirror looks cool and serves the purpose in helping you out of a tight spot.

I installed a reverse cam on my fiesta two years ago, wished there was a good quality RV LCD mirror like yours, in fact i happened to connect the cam to a custom fitted LCD on the dash, switchable between DVD and Cam.

does your setup have a feature of switching on in LCD view even when you are not in the reverse mode?
Old 4th December 2009, 13:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
I installed a reverse cam on my fiesta two years ago, wished there was a good quality RV LCD mirror like yours, in fact i happened to connect the cam to a custom fitted LCD on the dash, switchable between DVD and Cam.

does your setup have a feature of switching on in LCD view even when you are not in the reverse mode?
Hi Regnex,
Can you please post some pictures? Where did you fixed the cam? and i have some more questions.

1. If we fix our cam in the number plate, will the picture quality get affected because of the number plates light?

2. Howz your quality of picture during raining and winter seasons? does it have fog on the cam lens?

Cheers,
L&S
Old 4th December 2009, 21:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Hi Regnex,
Can you please post some pictures? Where did you fixed the cam? and i have some more questions.

1. If we fix our cam in the number plate, will the picture quality get affected because of the number plates light?

2. Howz your quality of picture during raining and winter seasons? does it have fog on the cam lens?

Cheers,
L&S
Hi,
check the pictures of the camera in my garage gallery for the ford fiesta.

i don't think there will be any problem with the plate lights, unless it is directly falling on the camera photo-sensor.

i haven't experiences any fogging on my camera so far during my two years of use, but yes, during rains, there were some few droplets that wouldn't give a pleasant rear view.

i should admit that at night the visibility is not so great unless there's a vehicle within 5 meters from the rear.

my camera is fixed on the left side of the plate (when viewed from behind) as there was space and i didn't have to make a hole in the number plate, otherwise the work would double if i have to change the plate in case of a new government policies on number plates.
Old 5th December 2009, 16:38   #104
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your information pal.

Cheers,
L&S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks