Team-BHP - Photos : Reverse Camera in my Swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Photos : Reverse Camera in my Swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/17282-photos-reverse-camera-my-swift.html)

Dear Friends,

After driving Maruti 800 for more than 7 1/2 years, I upgraded to a Maruti Suzuki Swift LXi in July 2006. But somehow i was a little uncomfortable during proper judgement in reverse parking, espacially when i had to do edge to edge parking in malls or crowded streets.

So I decided to go in for a reverse camera.

It cost me Rs.7500 + Rs.500 for fitting charges. The unit contained of a reverse mirror cum LCD, cables, remote & a camera.

The functioning is very simple.
When the car is in normal gears, the mirror functions as any normal rear view mirror.

And when the car is in reverse gear, the mirror automatically turns in a LCD screen which shows the view from the camera. Also if you have a VCD/DVD player, the LCD can show the videos in it.

Here are a few pictures showing the camera & its LCD.

Pic 1: The camera is fit in the rear bumber and it comes out in the centre of the number plate.

Pic 2: With the car in neutral gear, the rear view mirror functions like any normal mirror.

Pic 3: With the car in reverse gear, the mirror turns into a LCD, showing the view from the reverse camera.

Thats all folks..........I hope this is useful to everyone :)

CarDude

CarDude : thats awesome !!! which brand and how long did it take to phix ?

the LCD is of JVC

i dont remember the name of camea's brand. but i will ask the dealer.

it took roughly little more than an hour to get it fixed.

but i had got digital clock & fog lamps also fit together, so that time included fitting of all 3 things

BUddy where did u get this thing from...who fixed it and how much time did it take??

i think its JVC, you can see the logo on RT bottom corner, neat gizmo

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
BUddy where did u get this thing from...who fixed it and how much time did it take??

I got it from a shop at milan subway in mumbai. the name of shop is jay car accesories.

the showkeeper had staff to fix it & it took around 1 hour to get it done

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu
i think its JVC, you can see the logo on RT bottom corner, neat gizmo

the LCD is of JVC

but i think the camera is of other brand

Looks neat. No hassles like LCD screens sticking out of your console.

neat cardude..thts one step towards BOND car i must say...hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_sound
neat cardude..thts one step towards BOND car i must say...hehe

my name is dude......Car dude :D
he he he........mission bond

Nice logic. What about night? Is there anything to deactivate it temporarily?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarDude
Also if you have a VCD/DVD player, the LCD can show the videos in it.

While driving, it'll surely be troublesome for the driver partly because he cannot see behind, partly because he'll be distracted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon
Nice logic. What about night? Is there anything to deactivate it temporarily?!
While driving, it'll surely be troublesome for the driver partly because he cannot see behind, partly because he'll be distracted.

yes there is a remote to deactivate it.
I do not have a vcd player in car.... So no distraction for me.
I like to have cool gadgets in my car.
And i always have to park in places where its very little space to park........So it helps a lot. And the last thing i would want is a dent in my car
During nights with the light from tail lights......the camera gives a pretty good view.

Hey CarDude,

You Have Got A Nice Gadget.

There's also another mirror that has a small 2.5" LCD screen within the mirror as the screen & comes along with the camera that can be installed into any car bumper...this one is more common in the U.S. .. good quality

nice piece of gadget there CarDude. And I can understand why you felt the need. I drive an Indica... and any hatch with a little tall waistline can do with such a gizmo. Even during the daytime it happens... at least twice I came close to hitting some morons moped or a cycle because a while back when I checked it was not there and yet some moron came and parked his cycle just behind a reversing car, smack in the middle even though he saw the car was backing out. When you are too close anything which is not much in height may not show up in the rear view mirror!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Hey CarDude,

You Have Got A Nice Gadget.

thanks

i am gald u liked it :)