Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2018, 12:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
was asked to pay Rs. 742 as customs charge. So now in total I had to shell out 1800+740 for the lights.
With that said I am totally Ok! with the amount as far as the output of the lights are worth it(hopefully).
Will get them installed today and report back with the output.
Thanks for all your help.
You have been charged way too much specially that extra 740. I too have these in my xuv from past few months. I got them for 1400 bucks all inclusive. Maybe you chose wrong dealer.

Anyways you will be happy with the output. Here's whats in store for you
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1539154721287.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1539154749401.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1539154763948.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:15   #137
BHPian

Re: XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You have been charged way too much specially that extra 740. I too have these in my xuv from past few months. I got them for 1400 bucks all inclusive. Maybe you chose wrong dealer.

Anyways you will be happy with the output. Here's whats in store for you
I never knew we could choose dealers on Aliexpress. As this was my first order, I didn't research much and just went ahead with what was advised.
Was in hurry to order these, with the winter almost upon us and sun setting around 530pm, made sure evening drive from work was getting tedious. My drive involves 60% highway.
Anyways the output looks amazing. I guess you will get a far better output than mine due to the placement of the fog lamp assembly.
Now after looking at yours can't wait get mine installed.
BTW the alloys on your XUV look really cool!

Last edited by OverKill : 10th October 2018 at 13:33.
Old 11th October 2018, 19:35   #138
BHPian

Quote:
After advice from fellow BHPian @rahul_kej I ordered the same set of lights for my 2012 XUV5OO on 12th September 2018. Finally it reached my doorstep on 9th October.
Was in for a surprise when the Postman landed up at my house without informing and was asked to pay Rs. 742 as customs charge. So now in total I had to shell out 1800+740 for the lights.
That's very surprising, never happened with me in past so many years and many orders. I think if they had declared it as gift there wouldn't be on customs or they had to declare a low amount of the item.

I had just one bad experience last month when my consignment was stolen during transit and the package was filled with junk papers. It has happened after the consignment reached India.

There was no refund in this case.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1539266595920.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1539266617927.jpg  

Last edited by rahul_kej : 11th October 2018 at 19:40.
Old 12th October 2018, 14:41   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I had just one bad experience last month when my consignment was stolen during transit and the package was filled with junk papers. It has happened after the consignment reached India.

There was no refund in this case.
Woah, that's a shocker now. How are you so sure about the contents being flicked after entering India?
Did you try contacting the seller about the same?

While I had an appointment today at Salasar Autocraft(Authorised Service Centre) at Kolshet Thane to get the headlamp assembly changed, I casually asked the RM Mr. Swapnil Bhosle, if he would swap the stock fog lamps for the LED's that I had purchased, he readily agreed. Not only that he let me stand by my car during the entire procedure.
Work In Progress
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-img_20181012_111500a.jpg

For a change the newly opened authorised Mahindra dealership and service centre in Thane, Mumbai Salasar Autocrafts are really a pleasure to deal with.
A welcome change from the usual Mahindra service centre people that I have dealt with earlier. This dealership & service centre has replaced global gallerie which was really pain to deal with.
http://https://www.team-bhp.com/foru...perations.html
I will wholeheartedly suggest any Mahindra owner to visit Salasar Autocrafts Thane for their service as these guys are really helpful and go out of the way to help us out. Do ask for Mr. Vaibhav Jadhav or Mr. Swapnil Bhosle. I have dealt with them only, whenever I have visited here for any type of work.

While I prep the review of those lights was wondering should I start a new thread or continue in the LED light section of the forum.
Old 13th October 2018, 12:38   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Woah, that's a shocker now. How are you so sure about the contents being flicked after entering India?
Did you try contacting the seller about the same?

While I had an appointment today at Salasar Autocraft(Authorised Service Centre) at Kolshet Thane to get the headlamp assembly changed, I casually asked the RM Mr. Swapnil Bhosle, if he would swap the stock fog lamps for the LED's that I had purchased, he readily agreed. Not only that he let me stand by my car during the entire procedure.

For a change the newly opened authorised Mahindra dealership and service centre in Thane, Mumbai Salasar Autocrafts are really a pleasure to deal with.
A welcome change from the usual Mahindra service centre people that I have dealt with earlier.
I had contacted the seller, sent all the proof but they didn't agree nor did ali express listen to the plea. The package was stuffed with some Indian magazine papers.

This is really great on there part to install it. When i had asked my service centre here, they had refused it.
Old 20th November 2018, 12:53   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
My parking is always well lit, so i turned off the tublelights above reversed out about 10ft back and turned on the lights.
How are the lights performing dreamz_mak? When I went for the 10k service of my XUV (plush), I asked the accessories guy to fit auxiliary lights as shown in your earlier post. He was doubtful of the light throw and whether there would be any shadows. Also the plush XUV's lower grille has wider horizontal slats, rather than the vertical honeycomb slats in yours. He insisted to fit the aux lights on an external clamp jutting out at the front, but I dont want it to invite unnecessary attention from the cops.

Finally decided to give the aux lights a miss and went ahead to change the projector low beam into LEDs. I will decide on the aux lights based on your response
Old 1st December 2018, 20:17   #142
BHPian

I bit the HID bullet even after reading these forums. A bit disappointed for sure.

I may go back to good old halogens. Maybe the Philip's xtremevision.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-20181201_194152.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-20181201_194137.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2018, 18:00   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
I bit the HID bullet even after reading these forums. A bit disappointed for sure.

I may go back to good old halogens. Maybe the Philip's xtremevision.
That is one bad installation of HIDs! I doubt that the lamps are even seated correctly in the base. You should try to get it reinstalled by a professional installer. I have HID kits in both my Laura and my Compass (both of which I installed myself) and the results are very good. The beam focus and distribution is good in both and the pattern remains the same as halogen with much higher brightness.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 08:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
That is one bad installation of HIDs! I doubt that the lamps are even seated correctly in the base. You should try to get it reinstalled by a professional installer. I have HID kits in both my Laura and my Compass (both of which I installed myself) and the results are very good. The beam focus and distribution is good in both and the pattern remains the same as halogen with much higher brightness.
Been following this thread & doing extensive research on the Web for improved lights for my XUV Automatic and after doing so much research on the Web, l have narrowed down my auxiliary choice to to one light bar..

https://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industr...t/dp/B00GY6LZQ

Or

Two D2 hyperspots..
https://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industr.../dp/B00HLM7G0M

Both are expensive & l will have to wait for best deals to get it under 30k..but they are low signature, bright & can throw beyond 400 meters. Want this to be done & finished with.

1. Lights must be low signature
2. Must be spots.
3. Should cross 400 meters.
4.Must be brighter than present hi beams & cover right side too unlike the XUV which has a left bias by design.
5. Under 30 K.

Any suggestion would be useful.

--Ramky
Old 9th December 2018, 12:28   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
After the HID fiasco (severe shadow problem), I upgraded my XUV projector bulbs to Philips Xtreme vision plus. But they too were OK and not that great. The only option that I could now think of was Auxiliary lights, and what better than 'Lightforce'. Here is my beast with the new toy - Let there be LIGHT!!!

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-screen-shot-20181209-12.22.29-pm.png

Last edited by sk7671 : 9th December 2018 at 12:28. Reason: missed Parantheses
sk7671 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 15:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post

If you do need extra lights, do what i have done now & install 100Watt Hella or similar brand Aux lights inside the grill. I wanted something discreet hence went for this.
Hi dreamz_mak, I own a 2018 W7 AT. I was hoping to install a similar setup. When we install lights inside the grill, will there be any interference pattern/shadow caused by the grill? I dont see any in the pics you shared, still confirming. Also the grille design is different in the 'plush' XUV with parallel vents which are a bit wide, rather than the honeycomb pattern in yours. My work chores have landed me in a ghat section and night driving here can be very tricky, hence the requirement to upgrade.
Old 30th June 2019, 17:41   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
After the HID fiasco (severe shadow problem), I upgraded my XUV projector bulbs to Philips Xtreme vision plus. But they too were OK and not that great. The only option that I could now think of was Auxiliary lights, and what better than 'Lightforce'. Here is my beast with the new toy - Let there be LIGHT!!!

Attachment 1826088
How effective are the auxiliary lights ? Could you please share a few images of them turned on and in comparison to the hightbeam lights.

I too am residing in Bangalore and I have seen cops stop cars with Auxiliary lights, has this ever happened to you ?
Old 13th July 2019, 17:57   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Hi dreamz_mak, I own a 2018 W7 AT. I was hoping to install a similar setup. When we install lights inside the grill, will there be any interference pattern/shadow caused by the grill? I dont see any in the pics you shared, still confirming. Also the grille design is different in the 'plush' XUV with parallel vents which are a bit wide, rather than the honeycomb pattern in yours. My work chores have landed me in a ghat section and night driving here can be very tricky, hence the requirement to upgrade.
Hi,

No none at all, although i cant vouch for the newer models because frankly i haven't seen it installed in any of them.

One downside of having the setup this was is its difficult to keep the lights clean during regular cleaning. to really clean it you have to remove the front grill and get your hands inside. but i haven't done that since the installing it 1.5 year ago. its almost time to clean them.. I'll post pictures if I open it up tomorrow(Sunday).

I did install LED H4's in my Fog Lamps and its a killer combination with the Auxiliary lights and a must in the rainy season. I can vouch for these because its been over year since i installed them and they have been working flawlessly although i bought the 4300K version as I hate white lights. I figured i'd upgrade the fog lights then see how it goes and then upgrade the upper & dipper to the same LEDs but the company stopped making 4300K in that version. So still researching on what to install on the headlights.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...27424c4dlxEw9X

Last edited by dreamz_mak : 13th July 2019 at 18:14. Reason: updated
dreamz_mak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 18:17   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Been following this thread & doing extensive research on the Web for improved lights for my XUV Automatic and after doing so much research on the Web, l have narrowed down my auxiliary choice to to one light bar..

https://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industr...t/dp/B00GY6LZQ

Or

Two D2 hyperspots..
https://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industr.../dp/B00HLM7G0M

Both are expensive & l will have to wait for best deals to get it under 30k..but they are low signature, bright & can throw beyond 400 meters. Want this to be done & finished with.

1. Lights must be low signature
2. Must be spots.
3. Should cross 400 meters.
4.Must be brighter than present hi beams & cover right side too unlike the XUV which has a left bias by design.
5. Under 30 K.

Any suggestion would be useful.

--Ramky
Only one, buy from AliExpress you will get it cheaper from the same item. its basically the same thing, 99% of the times its exactly the same thing but double the price.
Old 15th July 2019, 16:33   #150
BHPian

As requested here are some of the pictures I took while cleaning the Auxiliary Lights, Its a pretty simple install, since i already had the mounting brackets in place. I am not sure if you can buy these separately or if they come with the bull bars as a combo, but i am sure its pretty simple to fabricate them.

First let me show you the before and after:
Here is the before cleaning the Auxiliary Lights

And here is the after: I know its not straight, I've angled it that way, the same way our dippers are angled so they don't blind incoming traffic.

Here are some pics on how they are mounted:
You'll have to first remove the 2 silver screws edge of the grill and then 5 plastic screws and clips towards the Engine bay. Once you remove these you have to pull the grill towards you.

There are 2 brackets that are mounted inside and these lights also have a tiny L angled brackets on them which are wedged together and then tightened with bolts. they are very secure.

This is how dirty they were, I have not removed them over 1.5 years I think.

After Cleaning them with a very fine sandpaper (800 grit i think it was) and water to remove the stains, then apply and hand buffing with wax they were shinning like a star.

This is how they look installed:

Last edited by dreamz_mak : 15th July 2019 at 16:36.
dreamz_mak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks