Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 13:00   #61
BANNED

Guys need a help for the following query. This is for my friend who owns a XUV 5OO W10.

These are the bulbs that he is looking to buy and replace in his car that has the OEM bulbs currently.

-- High Beam - Philips H7 Crystal vision 4300K

-- Low - Philips 6000K HID(Since nobody here offers a 4300k)

-- Static bending lamps - Philips H1 Crystal Vision 4300K

-- Fog lamps - Philips H8 LED.(as H8 HID is not available with any of the online sellers or shops)

Is the above combination good? What say?

Thank you in advance.
Old 8th February 2016, 13:27   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Perfectly fine.
Quote:
You know things from our experience - better reliable accessory shop please!

Quote:
-- Static bending lamps - Philips H1 Crystal Vision 4300K
Works well, no issues

Quote:
-- Fog lamps - Philips H8 LED.(as H8 HID is not available with any of the online sellers or shops)
Never seen this - LEDs as Fogs. Have no experience of these.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 13:39   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Crystal Vision is useless especially when you are considering it for high beam. Its no sort of an upgrade.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 13:46   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

OT: I tested a 55W HID 5000K H7 bulb on my high-beam (no projector). It's very white, and blinds on-coming traffic. Plan to look at alternatives now, specifically 35W 4300k.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 17:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
He might find them with Osram, if he is not a hardcore Philips fan.

Osram Xenarc has 4200K 35W Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
OT: I tested a 55W HID 5000K H7 bulb on my high-beam (no projector). It's very white, and blinds on-coming traffic. Plan to look at alternatives now, specifically 35W 4300k.
Do you have HIDs on your low beam projectors ?

Last edited by peterjim13 : 8th February 2016 at 17:42.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quick Update:

Had been to Hot tracks, Bangalore to see if the XS performance HID kit solves the shadow problem. Unfortunately the shadow was still there with the new bulbs and it has to do something with the Projector setup. Was very disappointed and to add to that the unskilled electrician who was boasting about having been done installation on No of XUV's could not put the pin back properly and took almost an hour to do the same. Also the bulbs has been put in the reverse direction and the throw-put is almost NIL on the right hand side.

On the other hand the shop owner was more interested in selling me 3D Kagu mats rather than solving my issue which I actually went for.

I have almost decided to revert to stock as this is leading to nowhere and solving this issue is becoming almost impossible.

Special Request:

It would be of great great help, if anybody owning an XUV can click a picture of the projector's from inside which is visible once they open up the rubber dust cap, just to make sure the lenses have been fit properly in our cars and it has to do nothing with the lenses.

Also is anybody aware if the projector setup in XUV is D2S or D2R?
Old 9th February 2016, 09:47   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Had been to Hot tracks, Bangalore to see if the XS performance HID kit solves the shadow problem. Unfortunately the shadow was still there with the new bulbs and it has to do something with the Projector setup. Was very disappointed and to add to that the unskilled electrician who was boasting about having been done installation on No of XUV's could not put the pin back properly and took almost an hour to do the same.
Typical accessory shops. Their knowledge is limited, but yet they are overconfident enough to work on just any car. Never trust such people with modern cars. One reason why I prefer DIY even if it takes some effort and money. I dont know every car, but I know my car in and out. In case I break anything, I will know what I broke and will pay up. But these shops try to do cheap cover ups in case something goes wrong. Customers ignorance must also be blamed for their overconfidence.

Quote:

D2S and D2R are not projector setups but they are the bulb types. Its basically the same bulb but the D2R bulbs have a blocking plate to reduce some of the light to aid the cutoff for low beam.

Last edited by audioholic : 9th February 2016 at 09:49.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not D2R for sure, because D2R Xenon bulbs are used in a reflector, there is no projector lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Else getting it from germany or any other country with RHD would be ideal.
Just curious, how does RHD/LHD matter when we are just purchasing the bulbs? From what I know, the projector shield is what decides the cut-off, whether it is RHD/LHD oriented.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 9th February 2016 at 09:57.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:09   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Just curious, how does RHD/LHD matter when we are just purchasing the bulbs? From what I know, the projector shield is what decides the cut-off, whether it is RHD/LHD oriented.
I think this is why he mentioned about LHD/ RHD -

On the LHD vehicles the left side cut off is slightly up compared to right side cut off. This is created to ensure not to trouble oncoming traffic on your right side. The RHD would obviously has something similar is the assumption may be.

But then the housing/ projector lens is what would create this effect. Bulbs would be same. We can always use LHS bulb in RHS and vice-versa if that was not the case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
D2S and D2R are not projector setups but they are the bulb types. Its basically the same bulb but the D2R bulbs have a blocking plate to reduce some of the light to aid the cutoff for low beam.
An amazing article here - http://www.geeksoncars.com/facts_774...d2s-bulbs.html

Quote:
Base Differences
D2S and D2R bulbs are electrically similar and could be used interchangeably, but the bases of D2S and D2R bulbs have slightly different notches; as a result, the bulbs do not fit into the other's socket. A D2C bulb is available in the aftermarket that has notches to fit either the D2R or D2S bases and can be used for either bulb.

Last edited by abirnale : 9th February 2016 at 10:12. Reason: added link D2S D2R.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:50   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
My bad. Yes indeed it is the projector that does the cutoff. I am used to my non projector setups in my car which makes me say that by default.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Finally I have reverted to stock bulbs and HID is out of my mind for now. I have put up a detailed write-up on my ownership review about the problem and how it is caused. Here is the link.

Final verdict is the projector lenses which is the culprit here and not the HID kits. But still I have a doubt in my mind as to how it is working in some cars which are from the new age. Still this question remains and I will find an answer for this in the coming days.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:30   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally I have reverted to stock bulbs and HID is out of my mind for now. I have put up a detailed write-up on my ownership review about the problem and how it is caused. Here is the link.

Final verdict is the projector lenses which is the culprit here and not the HID kits. But still I have a doubt in my mind as to how it is working in some cars which are from the new age. Still this question remains and I will find an answer for this in the coming days.
Was the shadow causing so much problem that normal driving at highway speed was difficult? Or was it just an annoyance ?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Was the shadow causing so much problem that normal driving at highway speed was difficult? Or was it just an annoyance ?
You can't say it as much of a problem, but as a car enthusiast and a BHpian it is really difficult to ignore a small hindrance. So I was not able to concentrate much on the road because of these shadows and it was annoying, but I was able to drive on highways with good speeds.
Old 11th February 2016, 12:40   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can't say it as much of a problem, but as a car enthusiast and a BHpian it is really difficult to ignore a small hindrance. So I was not able to concentrate much on the road because of these shadows and it was annoying, but I was able to drive on highways with good speeds.
I agree that as an enthusiast it is hard to digest. But then if you are getting much brighter light on the road and if these shadows were a matter of getting used to , i would suggest to use them. The way i see those shadows are not really cutting off illumination to the road. Maybe after a month of usage your eyes and brain would get accustomed to them and really would not be a pain.

Just a suggestion, since you have spent a good amount of money on the HIDs .

BTW, how will you be plugging the hole drilled on the headlamp cover after removing the HID? Is the rubber boot available as a spare?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
BTW, how will you be plugging the hole drilled on the headlamp cover after removing the HID? Is the rubber boot available as a spare?
Yes the rubber dust cap is available as spare at 44/- each and I have replaced them with the new ones. So now I have a stock setup as well as HID setup. I am not sure I will use the HID again on my car, probably time will decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks