Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 11:40   #76
BHPian

Guys anybody has a K&N typhoon series which cost close to 15k .. i'm planning to buy it for my lancer .. any idea about the product would help me thanks
Old 27th September 2006, 02:07   #77
BHPian

i totally agree with u....the fact tat you have an air filter in your car makes you forget fuel economy and makes you press that accelerator pedal harder........
hey i wanted to know that is i put stock air filters will my company warranty go...cause i really want to put air filters but not at the cost of loosing the warranty....
Old 4th December 2006, 18:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Hi guys,

I got the K&N Stock filter (Rs. 4000) replace the stock filter on my Swift, I see improved performance in the low end slow moving traffic, now I no longer need to change to first as before, I did manage to reach 105 on the 2nd gear faster than I could do with my stock filter, and I find my car pretty quick in the third gear as well when overtaking. There has been a notable difference in performance. Mileage I need another week's time to get the right figures. Before the filter I got 11.5 kmpl within the city and 17kmpl on the highway. I'd suggest go for the K&N stock replacement filter for ur Swift's

Wanted to go in for a K&N filter for my Swift. Browsed through Methods Automotive & got the dealers contact (Excel tyres) where I can get the K&N filter installed. They quoted me around Rs.4950/- for stock filter replacement.

Went through other threads on K&N filter & found that few indicated that changing the filter alone is waste of money mentioning that you could hardly find difference on the pick up front unless and otherwise you stick with free flow exhaust or conical type filters. Iam confused.

If its not worth doing it, I dont want to spend money on this filters. Please help on this front.

Also I wanted to have sporty noise. Got from the earlier threads that changing muffler alone will do the trick ( also understood this does not have any impact on FE or performance). Can someone suggest where do I get these mufflers & how much it costs in Chennai

Thanks
Old 4th December 2006, 20:46   #79
BHPian

Very useful information here. I am surprised by the whopping claims made here in pickup, speeds and mileage gain after using K&N. I didnt know abt K&N filters before coming to this forum. I am now thinking of having one fitted in my AVEO 1.4. That car is already bit infamous for its slow engine response. and frankly speaking I too sometime feel the lack of punch while overtaking any big long trailor/truck on highways while AC is ON.

Has anybody tried K&N on AVEO, hows performance afterwords and any effect on FE? price etc...

Seniors pls advice...

thanks
Old 4th December 2006, 20:57   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Went through other threads on K&N filter & found that few indicated that changing the filter alone is waste of money mentioning that you could hardly find difference on the pick up front unless and otherwise you stick with free flow exhaust or conical type filters. Iam confused.

If its not worth doing it, I dont want to spend money on this filters. Please help on this front.

Thanks
Hi Surprise,

Would definitely recommend a conical filter for your car. You could fit either Ractive or K&N (3-5k), both will do the same job. These will offer better performance which is noticeable over a stock replacement.

A freeflow is another thing altogether which will help in increasing your power. The general perception is that your FE goes down which is not true. What happens is your driving style changes after the free flow. You tend to rev more to hear the exhaust note which leads to drop in FE. Under normal driving your car with a K&N and free flow should see a rise in FE.

Hope I have been of help.

Viper

@ashu2025 - the same answer applies to you as well.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:39   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Surprise,

Would definitely recommend a conical filter for your car.
Thanks a lot Viper. Will keep you updated on this.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:00   #82
BHPian

just a query on the conical filter..

Would the conical filter fitment require any alterations?
As in can the stock swift filter and the conical filter be interchanged easily if required?
Swift is the vehicle in question here.
Just finishing one year of ownership in the new year 2007, so thinking of adding a filter myself.
Based on Viper's Suggestion, would prefer going in for the conical, if it nvolves minimal alterations.
AB
Old 8th December 2006, 22:10   #83
BHPian

hey guys.i did a little more research on the K n N filters.today i even had a talk with a maurti dealer an he told me that puttin filters does not void your warranty.but said that he is going to confirm me in a few days.
What do you guys think.is the warranty going to be void if you just put stock air filters ??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th December 2008 at 17:26. Reason: see note in post
Old 10th December 2006, 18:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven_x View Post
What do you guys think....is the warranty going to be void if you just put stock air filters ??
Stock replacement doesnt void your warranty for sure.
Old 4th February 2007, 12:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

can someone post a pic of exately where the k&n filter should be placed in the swift??

Like this...

OR

Old 4th February 2007, 12:42   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
can someone post a pic of exately where the k&n filter should be placed in the swift??

Like this...

OR

Im not commenting about right or wrong, let one of the vets answer.

If you read the original posts then you will know that

PIC#1 (shuhaib swift) ended up collecting a lot of dust and heat also was an issue.

PIC#2 Does not appear to be an optimal position for the filter but then Viper had explained the reason why the filter could not be routed anywhere else. Read the post where you took the picture from.
Old 7th February 2007, 20:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Read the post where you took the picture from.
Can someone provide me the links for the post from where those two pics were lifted?

I would like to understand on the correct positioning of pipe
Old 7th February 2007, 20:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

One is this thread, the other pic is from Modified Swift thread by Gemballa.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ied-swift.html

Last edited by karthik247 : 7th February 2007 at 20:36.
Old 7th February 2007, 21:21   #89
BANNED

hey guys which is better k&n or ractive..i know ractive is cheap and is it good when compared to k&n and also i heard k&n is having a 10miles(US figures in miles) warranty..is it true??..
Old 17th February 2007, 22:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Does installation of Conical filters result in increase of engine sound? Please clarify.

I have installed Ractive conical filter in my Swift. Got the piping done through viper. I could feel the difference, but not to remarkable extent. Waiting for a drive in friends swift without filters, so that I could feel the difference of CF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
hey guys which is better k&n or ractive..i know ractive is cheap and is it good when compared to k&n and also i heard k&n is having a 10miles(US figures in miles) warranty..is it true??..
As far as I had heard, Ractive and k&n are equally good products. k&n will cost you almost double the price

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks