Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 15:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dangerous new fad: White indicator lights

These white/blue indicator lights are a clear violation of the law. They are an illegal modification, as this modification very obviously violates the vehicle standards on the basis of which it is homologated/approved.

I am puzzled as to why they are not being fined?
Old 21st March 2016, 20:33   #17
BHPian

Re: Dangerous new fad: White indicator lights

Not just whites but they can be spotted in a plethora of other colors. Blue,Orange,Red even Green indicator lights! Heck even Pink! The Blue and Green ones are harder to notice during day time and an eye sore during nights. I've even seen a lot of souped up two wheelers with different colored tail lights other than the standard Red. Then there are those nincompoops who stick logos of Superman/Batmen and what not on top of the tail lights thereby making them more ineffective! Most of these mods are common among the college goers. See a lot of souped up Dio's and Activa's with fancy neons pasted all over them. To add to it some even have them fitted in such a way that the indicators keep blinking continuously as soon as the battery gets powered. Meaning the indicators both front and back keep blinking non stop as long as the vehicle is being driven!
However from what i have seen most of these cheap mods are common among two wheelers. I've rarely seen a car with any such mods for tail lights /indicators.

While penalising them is the only way of reducing the menace but the conditions of law and order specially related to traffic in our country chances are slim any action will ever be taken to curb it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks