Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2006, 16:18   #1

Mods for my City VTEC

Guys jus got a 02 Honda City Vtec 65K on the clock. Basic layout. would like to pep it up a bit. But would be doin them one at a time due to cost restrictions.

Please guys give me the details to mod and their availability.

I thought of installing a NOS n Turbo as well. Please advice

plz suggest cosmetic upgrades as well

Last edited by Xylem : 24th September 2006 at 16:24.
Old 24th September 2006, 16:58   #2
BANNED

Hi,

welcome aboard. I think you need to star off by posting in the right sections. Please read the rules and you will understand.

Viper
Old 24th September 2006, 17:18   #3
BHPian

hey man for how much did you buy the car
try to post pics....there are so many mod threads for city .... be sure to search them all and give it a read ... it might help you...
Old 26th September 2006, 14:10   #4
BHPian

hey for a city vtec just get the ecu remapped a k&n cold air intake filters and also a turbo or supercharger kit but dont get a nos kit cause nos burns the engine that will make the car bhp rise.
Old 26th September 2006, 15:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan
hey for a city vtec just get the ecu remapped a k&n cold air intake filters and also a turbo or supercharger kit but dont get a nos kit cause nos burns the engine that will make the car bhp rise.
NOS is not an engine Killer, Improper installation, Using wrong sets of jets,improper operating conditions(bottle pressure) & using Nos shot more than the engine can handle & improper ignition timing are the things which can blow the engine so dont blame the Nos, blame the installer instead who overlooks all these factors!
I still remember during banglore speed run during practice day the day was hot the nitrous pressure in bottle jumped to 1500psi ideally it shd be around 900Psi, i would have blown the engine if had activated the Nos , the jets (nitrous & Fuel) are calibrated as per HP required & the calibration is done with the bottle pressure around 900 psi ,so when bottle pressure rises to 1500 the more nos is fed in to combustion chamer where as fuel is same resulting in very lean condition the temperature in combustion chamber rises steeply resulting in detonation.

For OHC Vtec start off with Intake K&N, headers 4-2-1 & free flow , turbo is a different ball game would suggest you to know their pros & Cons since you are on cost restriction. Putting turbo on a car is not difficult what important is running it effectively by proper tuning engine management etc.

@ pawan have you seen any done up OHC Vtec 1.5 with supercharger Kit ? So pls dont suggest which you are not sure of.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 26th September 2006 at 15:34.
Old 26th September 2006, 18:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

I love the way people mention free-flow, nitrous, turbo, and supercharger in the same breath, like it's some easy plugin.

Listen to Ford Rocam, he knows all of this, and then some. Fastest Vtec engine at Speed Run last year, if I'm not mistaken, Jitu?
Old 26th September 2006, 18:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guess you ought to first get in touch with tuners around Chennai / Coiby / Bangalore based on your budget and comfort with the tuner, sit down a discuss what is the end result you require and let him come back with the best approach.

Its not as easy as a bolt on and with the VTEC in place it puts in a few more challenges than what one would expect normally, on another note there are enough and more bolt on performance upgrades available for your car world wide.
Old 27th September 2006, 11:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylem
Guys jus got a 02 Honda City Vtec 65K on the clock. Basic layout. would like to pep it up a bit. But would be doin them one at a time due to cost restrictions.

Please guys give me the details to mod and their availability.

I thought of installing a NOS n Turbo as well. Please advice

plz suggest cosmetic upgrades as well
Dude.. welcome to TBHP..

Well if your budget is very tight with the cost restrictions.. then just go step by step.. Dont just jump into installing Turbo and NOS, its a very expensive factor, turbo itself will cost you approx 1.3L(Approx) !!

You could just do the basics, you can start with: K&N External Air Filter, Free Flow / Exhaust, Spark Plugs / Wires & Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Cheers,
Ollie..

Last edited by ollie : 27th September 2006 at 11:56.
Old 29th October 2006, 10:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
@ pawan have you seen any done up OHC Vtec 1.5 with supercharger Kit ? So pls dont suggest which you are not sure of.
yes u r right . but when i was at national garage in June for my TC baleno !...N1 was suggesting me supercharger for my cousin's HCITY 1.5exi for rs 70000/ with installation and he had ONE at that time.

hope he's not installing to anyone though.........

Most Viewed