Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 23:34   #46
BANNED

Can this digital temperature controller fitted in dash and the sensor for sensing temperature fitted to it, so that the system's output may be input to AC switch..

The same controller and with an thermo sensor we use in our plastic machines, to cut off/ switch on the heater once the barrel (the sensing point) reaches the temperature we set in the display by adjusting clockwise or anti clockwise. Can this be used with simple wiring ?

After krishna said about complication is HVAC, my questions seem to be foolish,but the concept we have is same in plastic melting , where we use 180 - 220 degree, but in cooling we shall use 23-24 degree .
Attached Thumbnails
After-market climate control system?-digital_temperature_indicating_controller.jpg  

Old 20th October 2012, 08:04   #47
BHPian

Ertiga - Climate Control?

I have spent the last 2 days going back and forth between a new Swift ZDi and my current workhorse Ertiga ZDi.
To my semi-trained, yet spectacled eye, it seems I may be able to just get a climate control unit for the Swift and fit it into the Ertiga. There may be demand for this as well in the market, since almost every reviewer claims it is one of the very few things (apart from a larger engine perhaps) needed in the Ertiga.

Is there more to this? Or should it be a simple job that the A.S.S team can handle? I request the readers to please post their thoughts on the same.

Inputs requested:
1. Possible?
2. Simple?
3. Points to note?
4. Cost estimate anyone?

As usual, Thank You in Advance.
Old 20th October 2012, 09:14   #48
BHPian

Re: Ertiga - Climate Control?

Its not very easy to fit a climate control system on a vehicle equipped with regular HVAC system. It needs a lot of changes to be made to the entire system. You need to install temperature sensors at various points to monitor outside and inside tempratures. Moerover the Ertiga being a long vehicle with more area to cool I dont think that climate control will be effective in it. Otherwise Maruti should have given it a serious thought. Its purely my opinion and more suggestions are welcome.
Old 20th October 2012, 10:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I have spent the last 2 days going back and forth between a new Swift ZDi and my current workhorse Ertiga ZDi.

As usual, Thank You in Advance.
What purpose is this transplant going to serve, apart from creating new headaches with warranty etc.

It is not a simple DIY job anyway..
Old 20th October 2012, 11:12   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I may be able to just get a climate control unit for the Swift and fit it into the Ertiga.

Is there more to this? Or should it be a simple job that the A.S.S team can handle?

Inputs requested:
1. Possible?
2. Simple?
3. Points to note?
4. Cost estimate anyone?
What does an ACC do? it controls grille temperature by adjusting the flow of air/compressor cut on/mix of hot and cold air based on the outside and inside temperature.

The first hurdle you'll face in this will be from the A.S.S - they'll have their hands full of work and very little time to devote to this ; the expected answer will be not possible.

That said,this is not an impossible task but the challenges are:

1.installation of motors to control the damper/louvres to direct flow of air under different modes and the flow of hot air (in the Ertiga it could be partly manual)
2.creation of the perfect wiring harness - with all couplers
3.a sensor to detect outside temperature

The only way you could do it is to

1.go to a knowledgeable independent and
2.compare the switch/sensor/wiring/coupler layout of a new swift zdi acc VS an ertiga's a/c controls layout.
3.get hold of a swift workshop manual and you'll have a good list of guidelines.

My reco - don't tamper with the original stuff
Old 20th October 2012, 11:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
That said,this is not an impossible task but the challenges are:

1.installation of motors to control the damper/louvres to direct flow of air under different modes and the flow of hot air (in the Ertiga it could be partly manual)
2.creation of the perfect wiring harness - with all couplers
3.a sensor to detect outside temperature

The only way you could do it is to

3.get hold of a swift workshop manual and you'll have a good list of guidelines.

My reco - don't tamper with the original stuff
Well, regarding the installation of motors and space for wiring: Since it is the same dash, I assume it is the same mold, and has the spaces and holders needed for both. Case in point: space kept for the pollen filter behind the glove box, currently blanked out with a insert.
Similarly, regarding wiring - I thought copy the same from the Swift.
The Ertiga has a outside temperature sensor, and the internal temperature sensor is part of the climate control unit (saw this when my old Swift Zxi had its A/C serviced and the temp sensor was re-calibrated by the A.S.S)

I have the Swift Manual PDF, is the Ertiga Manual available yet?

Noted your recommendation, would still like to attempt this

@xotiq - it is very annoying to keep fiddling with the controls to increase/ decrease the cooling needed. the climate control does that for you and helps maintain desired levels of temperature as well (I usually want 24/ 25 degrees, not lower than that, and the Ertiga tends to get very cold, fast)

So still looking for more inputs...
Old 28th May 2013, 15:58   #52
BHPian

Re: After-market climate control system?

Exactly the same query I had posted on the Ertiga official review. Innova also being a long vehicle with the second row AC control does have ACC in the top end model I believe.

One scenario that I could imagine is that lets say ACC module temperature is set to 24.
And the second row blower is set to the max which should definitely reduce the temperature below 24 (assuming ACC already brought the temperature to 24). Now the ACC unit would sense the reduction in temperature and start the heater instead. So what we have here is the second row AC is trying to chill and the ACC is running on heater mode. Not an ideal combination. I could be wrong in my assumption.

Apart from its functionality I would love to have the ACC in the Ertiga because the digital temperature display and the rotary knobs looks very classy. I currently own a old-gen Dzire ZDI and looking to buy Ertiga ZDI. Hence the query.
Old 1st June 2013, 20:33   #53
BHPian

I have the manual and the car, anyone interested?
Old 23rd March 2021, 17:55   #54

Aftermarket Climate Control A/C

We recently got a new Amaze, but went for the S trim, as it felt the most vfm.

However, my only gripe is the lack of a Climate Control A/C (which was standard on all trims in the previous-gen). Instead, it has a simple 3 knob analog AC unit.

I think the CC unit gives it a more modern and aesthetically pleasing look, so
on Googling, I came across threads that suggested it was possible to fit aftermarket AC consoles (in different cars), since most car ACs are electronically controlled these days.

The console in my Amaze looks like simply a different unit, just fit into the same cavity as the climate control unit. (image attached)

So would it be possible/legal to replace the stock console with a CC one from the higher trim? Can it be done from Honda itself? (Googling for aftermarket consoles didn't yield many results).

Thanks,
Rudy
Attached Thumbnails
After-market climate control system?-amz.png  

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd March 2021 at 20:34. Reason: Please use Search before opening new thread. Thanks.
Old 29th July 2022, 20:28   #55
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket Climate Control A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRudy View Post
So would it be possible/legal to replace the stock console with a CC one from the higher trim? Can it be done from Honda itself? (Googling for aftermarket consoles didn't yield many results).
I am in a similar situation thinking of the S variant. Plz share if you finally found a solution to this? Were you able to get it installed afterall ?

Most Viewed