Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2016, 10:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Bad Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore

as per wikipedia, it does indeed have 1.1 U2 CRDI does indeed have VGT.

Quote:
The 1.1L U diesel engine is a 3-cylinder version of the 1.5L U series unit and is made with cast iron block and aluminum cylinder head with chain driven DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder, Bosch common rail direct injection (CRDi), variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) and intake air swirl control. Bore and Stroke are 75 mm x 84.5 mm. It creates an impressive 74 hp (55 kW; 75 PS) at 4,000 rpm and 112 lb·ft (152 N·m) of torque at 2,000 rpm. It is one of Hyundai's most efficient engines using only 4.2L/100 km (56 MPG), and emits a minuscule 112 g/km of CO2. The engine also incorporates a 1½ engine order balance shaft mounted under the crankshaft driven by helical gears to manage engine vibration. It is currently fitted to the Kia Picanto, Kia Rio, Hyundai i10 and i20 models.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_U_engine
Old 7th May 2016, 10:50   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

This information is not true. Wiki also mentions wrongly that grand i10 has bosch injection but what we get is Delphi. Turbo is confirmed as FGT by Hyundai service centre and also by RD team (they have dual channel box for VGT). I am posting the picture and you can definitely understand it's FGT provided you know to differentiate

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore-img20160219wa0005_1462598081003.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 10:51   #48
BANNED

This is just like buying a product from the grey market, finding out its a fake and not paying for it and after consuming it, putting up a thread against the grey market vendor on the Team - Bhp Shifting Gears section.

Both the threads on tuning posted on this forum have one thing in common - there are faults on the side of the customer and the tuner.

Expecting performance reliability levels of a manufacturer from a guy moonlighting with a laptop and some software is a bit like gambling - you win some and you lose some.

The lucky ones get away with it but some people just get to learn things the hard way.

On another note even the Customer Disputes Redressal Forum entertains grievances only if a payment has been made as there cannot be a dispute and the person does not become a "customer" when the payment has not been made.

Last edited by noopster : 8th May 2016 at 08:56. Reason: Please abide by Rule#11 strictly
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 10:53   #49
BHPian

The best part of a forum is that there is the opportunity to express good and bad experiences.

Firstly, the Indian Mechanics/ retuners/ jugaad shops are aplenty these days. But not all of them are good. That's not to say the ones abroad are all good.

Re-tuning/ modifications is a vast exercise and there are many elements that can go wrong. The car is a mechanical device with many components. There are even instances of cars failing within 1000 kms of delivery right out of the showroom.

On the flip side there are cars with re-maps and very heavy modifications that are doing well post 1L kms on the odo.

The mechanics/ re-mappers/ modification team must be responsible and be willing to sort out issues that occur and take responsibility for the same. The expectation from a customer is that the mechanic/ re-mapper knows the mechanical and electronic side of the engine before proceeding on.

It is how well a mechanic/ re-mapper handles bad instances such as this professionally and ensures that it is set right. After all anyone getting a re-map/ modification is pouring in his hard earned cash.

Last edited by laxmanrk : 7th May 2016 at 10:55.
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 11:03   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Few are questioning/talking like I have no rights to post this because I have not paid for remap.

Well, let me put it down properly..

1. Customer is assured of good remap and quoted high power gain figures.

2. He trusts them & decides to drive all the way for remap.

3. Tuner does a very bad remap and expects customer to pay. He refuses and asks for proper remap on later date. Mistake was on tuners side for not doing his homework well.

4. Customer finds out what would have went wrong and asks the tuner. Tuner doesn't respond.

5. Customer shares the experience in a social forum but doesn't blame tuner and says still willing to work with them.

6. He gets attacked/insulted by tuner and others. Tuner cooks up stories and tries to put customer in bad light.

So why should I keep quiet? I have posted everything with proof here.

P. S : I am not interested in lame arguments/personal attacks like in other forum. Team Bhp is not the place for all that nonsense. Period!
Dr.Naren is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Few are questioning/talking like I have no rights to post this because I have not paid for remap.

Well, let me put it down properly..

1. Customer is assured of good remap and quoted high power gain figures.

2. He trusts them & decides to drive all the way for remap.

3. Tuner does a very bad remap and expects customer to pay. He refuses and asks for proper remap on later date. Mistake was on tuners side for not doing his homework well.

4. Customer finds out what would have went wrong and asks the tuner. Tuner doesn't respond.

5. Customer shares the experience in a social forum but doesn't blame tuner and says still willing to work with them.

6. He gets attacked/insulted by tuner and others. Tuner cooks up stories and tries to put customer in bad light.

So why should I keep quiet? I have posted everything with proof here.

P. S : I am not interested in lame arguments/personal attacks like in other forum. Team Bhp is not the place for all that nonsense. Period!
Hi Dr.Naren, I worked in sales industry for almost 7 years, most of the time in a leading MNC in that segment. You have got all the right NOT to pay a single paisa, if the performance/specification promised is not matched by the vendor/seller. And you have all the right to get upset and frustrated after driving so many kilometers to get things done. Its very clear that code 6 did not try everything from their side to clear the issues. But my only concern/counter argument is that when you post such negative reviews online, its natural for the accused to behave erratically and will try to defend themself by going to any extent. I think the personal attack from them was because of that. My company also had made mistakes, but we apologize to the customer and ensure problems are resolved. Hope Code 6 comes forward, clear the issues, rather than getting into altercation with customers in future.
petrol_power is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:28   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi Dr.Naren, I worked in sales industry for almost 7 years, most of the time in a leading MNC in that segment. You have got all the right NOT to pay a single paisa, if the performance/specification promised is not matched by the vendor/seller. And you have all the right to get upset and frustrated after driving so many kilometers to get things done. Its very clear that code 6 did not try everything from their side to clear the issues. But my only concern/counter argument is that when you post such negative reviews online, its natural for the accused to behave erratically and will try to defend themself by going to any extent. I think the personal attack from them was because of that. My company also had made mistakes, but we apologize to the customer and ensure problems are resolved. Hope Code 6 comes forward, clear the issues, rather than getting into altercation with customers in future.
I second that. I have mentioned several times that the issue is because of the way Code 6 dealt with me. I have quoted my entire post in that forum here. I gave my honest review about my various remap experience. I can't understand why so called reputed firms like code 6 is so unprofessional in dealing with such issues. Arrogance is the reason. They would have never expected me to come up with a thread with all details here. They just had some weird fun by attacking me
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 16:09   #53
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
This is just like buying a product from the grey market, finding out its a fake and not paying for it and after consuming it, putting up a thread against the grey market vendor
Here, it is not about buying a product and not paying for it, but it is a case of bad service.
Imagine, you give your shirt to a dhobi to wash and iron it and that dhobi burns a hole in your shirt. Would you still pay him for using his service?

Quote:
On another note even the Customer Disputes Redressal Forum entertains grievances only if a payment has been made as there cannot be a dispute and the person does not become a "customer" when the payment has not been made.
If not Customer Disputes Redressal Forum, regular Court will take care of the matter if the service provider fiddles with ''customer's" property which results in loss to the customer and eventually customer doesn't pays him.

Lastly, a Hindi proverb comes into my mind seeing Sajan Thomas blaming Dr.Naren for his failure " Naach na jaane aangan tedha" (A bad workman always blames his tools)

Last edited by noopster : 8th May 2016 at 08:56. Reason: Quoted post edited
NPX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 16:15   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is just like buying a product from the grey market, finding out its a fake and not paying for it and after consuming it, putting up a thread against the grey market vendor on the Team - Bhp Shifting Gears section.
Is that right? I thought code6 was a reputable tuner.

Last edited by noopster : 8th May 2016 at 08:57. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 7th May 2016, 16:32   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Here, it is not about buying a product and not paying for it, but it is a case of bad service.
Imagine, you give your shirt to a dhobi to wash and iron it and that dhobi burns a hole in your shirt. Would you still pay him for using his service?

If not Customer Disputes Redressal Forum, regular Court will take care of the matter if the service provider fiddles with ''customer's" property which results in loss to the customer and eventually customer doesn't pays him.

Lastly, a Hindi proverb comes into my mind seeing Sajan Thomas blaming Dr.Naren for his failure " Naach na jaane aangan tedha" (A bad workman always blames his tools)
Haha you have made the point clear in a good way buddy. Let's keep the law aside. I don't know how lawful is remap. I think I have all the rights to refuse payment for a bad service. What's big deal about it?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 7th May 2016 at 16:52.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 17:49   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
How did Code6 damage OP's vehicle? They didnt. There is no hole in this case.

The story should be more like: A dhobi says he will wash and iron your shirt. But he doesn't. No ones paid anything.

EDIT: Greenhorn: what is lost is, the time spent in dealing with the whole fiasco. And like the OP says, his fuel expenses. But, we all have spent that extra bit to wring a little extra from our machines. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.

Last edited by dhanushs : 7th May 2016 at 17:58.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 17:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

The story should be more like: A dhobi says he will wash and iron your shirt. But he doesn't. No ones paid anything. No ones lost anything.
I think this is a bit more nuanced. This is more like giving a silk shirt to a dhobi for ironing, and you see the dhobi setting the iron to a setting other than "silk". You take your shirt out and say no thanks. Dhobi shouts at you for questioning his competency, and there is a bit of back and forth. You post your experience with the dhobi online and people start questioning both sides
greenhorn is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:04   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The story should be more like: A dhobi says he will wash and iron your shirt. But he doesn't. No ones paid anything.

EDIT: Greenhorn: what is lost is, the time spent in dealing with the whole fiasco. And like the OP says, his fuel expenses. But, we all have spent that extra bit to wring a little extra from our machines. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.
Haha this is funny now. Dhobi did wash and iron (Sajan did remap). But shirt was stained(black smoke post remap). Shirt was not delivered as promised(negligible power gain post remap). Dhobi (tuner) asks to pay for whatever work done. Customer refuses to pay and says will come some other day. He tells about it to others. Dhobi being a reputed one gets pissed and starts blaming the customer and his shirt
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:27   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haha this is funny now. Dhobi did wash and iron (Sajan did remap). But shirt was stained(black smoke post remap). Shirt was not delivered as promised(negligible power gain post remap). Dhobi (tuner) asks to pay for whatever work done. Customer refuses to pay and says will come some other day. He tells about it to others. Dhobi being a reputed one gets pissed and starts blaming the customer and his shirt
You got your car back the exact same way as it was before, right?.
Quote:
...So I decided to get back my stock map and remap on different date....
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:31   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You got your car back the exact same way as it was before, right?.
Yes buddy. I insisted on stock map and went back that day(best decision). Actually I did not bother much because something unexpected happens once in a while. I honestly wrote about this experience. Things what happened next exposed how professional they are
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks