Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 15:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bad Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
At the outset, let me place on record that I am a satisfied customer of Code 6. Now that we have got that out of the way, I would really want to know the tuner's version of this fracas. Everything has 2 sides, eh?
It's good to know you are a satisfied customer and I wish you many more happy miles of motoring in your remapped car.

No customer would post anything against a business firm for no reason. I am least bothered about what Sajan says anymore after he started cooking up stories to insult the customer. He could have sincerely apologised for the same instead of trying to defend his stupidity. He did not even bother to have a look at my turbo.

P.S : I usually never lose my cool. But this guy and his stories about no money for toll, fight with team bhp mods (I was not even a member then) etc is way above limits.

Few more lies/stories by Sajan

Quote:
Ps. Here is an important suggestion based on our short interaction -

Dont bad mouth others when you come to visit us. You kept telling me Peter was a bad guy, and that is a serious turn off, and a warning sign. I told you your experiments with starting the car on a steep slop in second gear took out your earlier Petes tuned cars rings, while you believe it is something in his map that took out your car. I have seen the 1.3MJD map/s from Peter and there is nothing in there that can take out an engine. But putting the car on a steep slop and trying to make it move up without throttle will get the car in trouble. You destroyed the engine on your car, and that has nothing to do with Peter, or his maps. He has thousands of 1.3MJDs done, and while they smoke, they will not harm your engine.
He cooked up another story telling I bad mouthed Peter I have not even met him. I had got only remap done by Petes for SX4. I had few issues later and I had told him about the same. Sajan asked me to get the car to Bay 6 and my car will run without any issues. He also said Petes doesn't know what they are doing. He is the one who bad mouths other tuners. He called fellow tuners as "parking lot tuners" and insulted them.

Quote:
Tuners like Wolf are basically parking lot tuners, and they have no way of fixing anything that goes wrong in cars they work on. Usually we end up cleaning up the mess for a lot of these parking lot tuners.
Proof : Sajan asking me to get my Petes tuned SX4 and my car will have nil issues
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore-screenshot_20160506154537_com.whatsapp.png  

Bad Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore-screenshot_20160506154604_com.whatsapp.png  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th May 2016 at 15:48.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 16:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

There is a difference between idling a car in 2nd gear and letting it roll on Idle rpms up a slope and trying to start one on a slope in 2nd gear at idle rpms, which I am sure is not a test case scenario anyone would want any car to succeed and base a remap's quality on.

Its like saying 'Meri car, Reverse main 80 touch nahi karti', sort it for me please'.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 16:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
There is a difference between idling a car in 2nd gear and letting it roll on Idle rpms up a slope and trying to start one on a slope in 2nd gear at idle rpms, which I am sure is not a test case scenario anyone would want any car to succeed and base a remap's quality on.

Its like saying 'Meri car, Reverse main 80 touch nahi karti', sort it for me please'.
I never meant I started my car on an incline and let it climb without pressing accelerator. I just meant my car used to climb a small incline without even pressing the accelerator in 2nd gear. Sajan twisted my words and said I started my car on an incline in 2 nd gear. This lie is clearly exposed with the proof I posted.

What I can infer is :

1. Sajan did not have any proof to counter technically

2. He tried his best to show me as a bad person.

3. He wanted to create wrong impression about me to others and mask his mistake.
Old 6th May 2016, 16:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear this, hope Code 6 reaches out to you to fix this.

I admit i am a customer and have got my Thar remapped and it is working flawless for last 6-7 months and 5k kms. Only recently i added a stock performance air filter and running stock junk filter from M&M earlier. I think Thar has a fixed geometry turbo (FGT) and there is no issue in it producing more power. I think we have 2-3 friends who run the same tune and happy.

Yes they did mention a adjustable waste gate would help, but i haven't touched even the stock setting on that front.

So don't agree to FGT not working with maps.

ps: funny and absolutely on a lighter note- suddenly lot of dark side of BLR tuning circle popping up, makes me wonder
Jaggu is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 17:11   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sorry to hear this, hope Code 6 reaches out to you to fix this.

I admit i am a customer and have got my Thar remapped and it is working flawless for last 6-7 months and 5k kms. Only recently i added a stock performance air filter and running stock junk filter from M&M earlier. I think Thar has a fixed geometry turbo (FGT) and there is no issue in it producing more power. I think we have 2-3 friends who run the same tune and happy.

Yes they did mention a adjustable waste gate would help, but i haven't touched even the stock setting on that front.

ps: funny and absolutely on a lighter note- suddenly lot of dark side of BLR tuning circle popping up, makes me wonder
You have got it wrong buddy. Let me clarify. I never meant FGT can't make power by remap. Sajan told turbo is VGT because I20 in Europe with same engine as VGT. He told turbo boost is increased via remap too. But increasing turbo boost by remap for FGT without ECU control will have no effect. This is where the entire remap process got wrong. Remap was done keeping in mind that turbo boost pressure change would help and other parameters were changed accordingly. This lead to AFR mismatch with plenty of black smoke.
Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th May 2016 at 17:26.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 17:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:

I think for FGT's like yours and mine, only the fueling is changing.

I don't think the boost can be altered electronically for a mechanical FGT.
batterylow is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 17:24   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I think for FGT's like yours and mine, only the fueling is changing.

I don't think the boost can be altered electronically for a mechanical FGT.
A manual boost controller is the only way to change boost for FGT without ECU control.

Hyundai Xcent has FGT with ECU control.

I20 in Europe with same 1.1 CRDI engine has VGT.

I forgot to add one point in my opening post.

EGR DELETE

Sajan claimed to have soft deleted EGR. But in torque pro app EGR values were changing which means EGR was not off. I did not know about this that time. During remap of SX4 by Wolf, EGR was deleted and torque pro app always showed EGR value as 2 percent. This number denotes the EGR valve open in percentage. It should be ideally Zero if EGR is off. But for 1.3 multijet it shows 2 percent. In my grand i10 EGR values were changing like stock even after Sajan claimed "EGR DELETE"

Last edited by Zappo : 6th May 2016 at 18:29.
Old 6th May 2016, 18:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
A manual boost controller is the only way to change boost for FGT without ECU control.
Yes this is what was suggested for me, and i am planing to add the same as next step. Am taking one step at a time for tune purpose.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

I swear i recall reading a similar thread by you some time back - is this a re-up of that thread with proofs etc?
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:51   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I swear i recall reading a similar thread by you some time back - is this a re-up of that thread with proofs etc?
I had mentioned about this in brief in my ownership review of Grand i10. I have mentioned all the proof with details like convo/screenshot here. I thought it is not appropriate to mention in ownership thread.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 21:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
I'm quite surprised that you are turning away from Code6 on seeing a single bad experience! There are quite many 'Good Experiences' with Code6 which can be found elsewhere on this forum
Code6 is a business selling a service. It is quite understandable that a story like this with what seems like proof as well, could deter people from interacting with such a business. After all, a remap is not something that you can buy over the counter at a drug store or supermarket; it involves an interaction with the tuner and reading such an experience, anyone would be afraid of ever having the bad luck of such an interaction.
IshaanIan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:11   #27
anb
BHPian

Dr.Naren, sorry about your bad experience with code6. I think this is the only negative review about code6. These are so many positive reviews about code 6 in team-bhp.I am sure that you are really unlucky to get such an experience from code 6. My figo was remapped by code on November 2013. The figo is still performing flawlessly even after 75000 km post remap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks for sharing, I had actually contacted them on Facebook to enquire about the remap possibilities for jetta, Reading all this is a sure turn off and isn't really very professional.
Unlike grand i10, Code 6 themselves own two remapped Jettas. So I think it willbe a good option to remap Jetta with them since they know the car better.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

The OP clearly stated he does not care about good experiences and working maps. The OP has described his interaction and relationship as a client of CODE6. Installing existing maps is no big deal, tailoring a custom map or creating one for a car not previously worked on, is the tough bit. This is why the interaction with a tuner matters and if they are going to lie to you about it and instead of making things better, immediately lie further about the customer, that is a very cheap thing to have to witness. I find the guys at T-O-T have always been forthcoming and honest about their expertise and are genuine tuners, not just car guys trying to make a business. They never give nonsense like tall statements and high promises and vague suggestions that whatever it is they will handle it. They are clear and open and more than willing to bring you upto speed by helping you understand things. Which is why I personally share a lot of respect for them. It is hard to come by people like that who have not lost their way in gains and losses but treat their business on a more personal level and learn and evolve with it. Given the choice, I will always choose to further their cause instead of pay money to someone and hope they have not lied.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 6th May 2016 at 22:39.
IshaanIan is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Code 6 themselves own two remapped Jettas. So I think it willbe a good option to remap Jetta with them since they know the car better.
That was the sole reason i was inclined towards them for the remap, Since they would know the car better, But it does annoy me to see one of their customer getting insulted, I myself have faced issues with local garages at time when they actually messed up the job and then blamed me for it and gave random reasons, So all i am trying to say is, I can guess how Dr Naren must have felt.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 22:37   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

With so many turbo diesels around, remaps are getting soo popular. Everyone wants to remap their car, however powerful it is. When I can understand doing stuff for the general betterment of drive-ability or customization of power delivery, most of the crowd just want better power.

Re Code 6: I've heard good reviews as well as bad of 'em. I've heard reliable vehicles running, as well as seen ones which pump out white smoke. Which only keeps increasing with age. Not only them, guys who run piggy back boxes have also had issues.

One big question that I always intend to ask these remap 'tuners' is how they arrive at a power output figure? They say they will make the output to 200bhp.. Is it at wheel? At crank? Did they Dyno it? In Dr.Naren's case, they say its a 100bhp map. But have they Dynoed it? How did they arrive at that figure?

Sorry for the rant, since its all a number game now, and the figures are crazy. Some tuners remap a Thar CRDe for 600NM??..

Quote:
Yes this is what was suggested for me, and i am planing to add the same as next step. Am taking one step at a time for tune purpose.
Jaggu, the Thar CRDe has the K03 Turbo, from TEL IIRC.

What does a manual boost controller do?
dhanushs is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed