Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2016, 19:36   #61
BANNED

re: Bad Experience - Code 6 Tuning, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Here, it is not about buying a product and not paying for it, but it is a case of bad service.
Imagine, you give your shirt to a dhobi to wash and iron it and that dhobi burns a hole in your shirt. Would you still pay him for using his service?

If not Customer Disputes Redressal Forum, regular Court will take care of the matter if the service provider fiddles with ''customer's" property which results in loss to the customer and eventually customer doesn't pays him.

The dhobi is going to tell you that the hole was already there in your shirt and you'll realise that there's nothing you can do about it.

Except if, as advised by you, you sue the dhobi for bad service and take him right upto Supreme Court just to prove you're right.

Now what eventually would be more fun than remapping a car is if the final order goes in the dhobi's favour.
Old 7th May 2016, 20:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

From what I read till now, the car is stock now and you haven't paid Code 6.
The expense were fuel and stay and the trauma was the bad mouthing and insulting.
I would say, move on and see yourself lucky since you haven't got a damaged engine nor spent a bomb.

Every single company has an episode of bad service and bad products and you were one of those customers who's number came up.

Look at it as bitter experience and enjoy the car.
I'm sure once your 1.6 lands up, you will forget and move on.

If I had the same car, I would have never thought of upping the power of a Hyundai i10 grand 3 pot,but that's me.

Last edited by tharian : 7th May 2016 at 20:24.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 20:31   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
From what I read till now, the car is stock now and you haven't paid Code 6.
The expense were fuel and stay and the trauma was the bad mouthing and insulting.
I would say, move on and see yourself lucky since you haven't got a damaged engine nor spent a bomb.

Every single company has an episode of bad service and bad products and you were one of those customers who's number came up.

Look at it as bitter experience and enjoy the car.
I'm sure once your 1.6 lands up, you will forget and move on.

If I had the same car, I would have never thought of upping the power of a Hyundai i10 grand 3 pot,but that's me.
I agree buddy. I am already being so impatient to get my hands on 1.6 S cross. From nowhere a Kwid is going to land in my garage next week .

I never expected grand i10 to be hot hatch. I was just trying various options like tuning box/remap for little more punch. I have learnt my lesson by blindly believing 100 bhp numbers by code 6 and wasted my time. More importantly all that immature personal attacks and bad mouthing. I just wanted to project all this to public through this thread with adequate proof.

Cheers!
Old 7th May 2016, 22:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

Some statements are so repulsive (here and on James' thread) that I feel bad as a "customer".

Where are all these people when there's a Skoda horror story. Why don't they say, hey come on, Skoda makes so many good cars, what if there's one lemon. Skoda has honoured so many other promises, what if they didn't give you the free accessories that they promised you during booking!!

Why the heck these tooners don't put up disclaimers that its a hit and trial business, please cooperate with us (and with your time and money).

If you see most of these tooner websites it looks like they could transform your stock car in to a rocket and are so audacious in their claims that they forget the much needed asterisk!!

Here's what Code 6 claims...

Quote:
More Power, More Torque and Improved Fuel Efficiency.
No matter what kind, type or size of automobile you own or run, CODE 6 Tuning can absolutely, positively make it perform better and more efficient!
It doesn't even matter what automobile you own, it could be a AA battery powered toy car or Aston Martin's 1000bhp yacht and I'm sure they can toon it, at least that's what they are claiming!!

And no, I don't support Axe deodorant or Fair and Handsome because all those fall in the same category as some tooners.

If there has to be hit and trial why shy away from accepting it. What if the meal you have at a small restaurant has a cockroach in it. I'm sure you'd just ignore it and have rest of the meals because the chef is a hardworking guy, been cooking since the last 30 years, has sacrificed his personal life to bring his restaurant business where it is etc.

Guys, no matter what, if you are in business and claim that you can do something and don't do it or are unable to do it then you have unethical ways of doing business and no one can argue this fact.

Why does everybody suddenly start preaching that tooning is not easy and one should be patient with their time and money. Why are you doing this? Why did the tooner not do it? No one is puting a gun to the tooner's head and asking then to undertake a job.

This is so India when people tell you, you only lost some money and some time, talk about chalta hai attitude!!
fine69 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 22:56   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
It doesn't even matter what automobile you own, it could be a AA battery powered toy car or Aston Martin's 1000bhp yacht and I'm sure they can toon it, at least that's what they are claiming!!
They could not even provide a good remap for my Grand i10. There was only talk/claim but no result. They made me believe like I just have to drive to their garage and I go out with 100 horses
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 00:30   #66
BHPian

100% agree to fine69's views.

Dr.Naren : I went through the entire thread and feel sad for what all you had to go through. No doubt it was you who decided to travel to Bangalore, but only when Code 6 committed to do their magic () on your car. Arguments about "fuel costs", "customer having no loss because he hasn't paid the money" and "customer should thank his stars for his car or pocket not being ripped off" are pointless. While doing business, money is not a big deal, commitment and courtesy matter. I am 100% that you would have taken your words back had the Code 6 guy shown some respect and politely said 'No. We can not remap Grand i10 at this moment.' instead of cooking up stories and insulting his customer (customer is king, wot?) publicly. His words were so harsh as if he was doing a favour to remap the car for you, to provide a promised service from which he earns a living. Nothing less than a formal apology should be accepted by you, if the tuner is conscious enough of his reputation and business. The number of views on this thread should act as a timer, as I am sure not many of those who have read the opening post are going to visit Code 6 any time soon.

There are good experiences and there are bad. This is a public forum and open to all types of experiences. From good we get inspired and from bad we learn. Thank you for creating this thread.
biggrin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 01:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

I would like to hear the Code 6 side of the story too. On the other thread of a mod gone wrong at least we can hear the versions from both sides. I think it is a bit unfair to post just one side of the story. Again as in the case of the other story, I'm not taking sides but the only way to sort out this matter is to talk to Code 6. I'm not sure what help other members can be in resolving this issue.
Old 8th May 2016, 01:43   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I would like to hear the Code 6 side of the story too. On the other thread of a mod gone wrong at least we can hear the versions from both sides. I think it is a bit unfair to post just one side of the story. Again as in the case of the other story, I'm not taking sides but the only way to sort out this matter is to talk to Code 6. I'm not sure what help other members can be in resolving this issue.
I am not expecting anything from Code 6 and there is nothing to be resolved. They are free to tell their side of "story". But I seriously don't think Code 6 stories or cheap strategy used to insult me in another forum would work here.
Old 8th May 2016, 09:12   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
100% agree to fine69's views.

Dr.Naren : I went through the entire thread and feel sad for what all you had to go through. No doubt it was you who decided to travel to Bangalore, but only when Code 6 committed to do their magic () on your car. Arguments about "fuel costs", "customer having no loss because he hasn't paid the money" and "customer should thank his stars for his car or pocket not being ripped off" are pointless. While doing business, money is not a big deal, commitment and courtesy matter. I am 100% that you would have taken your words back had the Code 6 guy shown some respect and politely said 'No. We can not remap Grand i10 at this moment.' instead of cooking up stories and insulting his customer (customer is king, wot?) publicly. His words were so harsh as if he was doing a favour to remap the car for you, to provide a promised service from which he earns a living. Nothing less than a formal apology should be accepted by you, if the tuner is conscious enough of his reputation and business. The number of views on this thread should act as a timer, as I am sure not many of those who have read the opening post are going to visit Code 6 any time soon.

There are good experiences and there are bad. This is a public forum and open to all types of experiences. From good we get inspired and from bad we learn. Thank you for creating this thread.
Yes buddy!

Let me make it clear once again. It's not about money. What really hurt is me is to see the cheap strategy used. He claimed that I am into "blackmailing" tuners and carry infarctions/fight with Team-Bhp moderators. He heard so about me from other tuners & team bhp members. I was not even a team bhp member in November 2015 .

So according to Sajan Thomas

1.Did I get Petes & Wolf remap by blackmail?

2. Did I get RD box by blackmail?

3. Did I buy SX4, grand i10, Baleno, Kwid, S cross 1.6 by blackmail? ( I am very low on money and can't afford 24k for your remap right?)
Old 8th May 2016, 09:38   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is that right? I thought code6 was a reputable tuner.
A "reputed tuner" is a contradiction in terms. They don't exist. Even the more visible ones have had a lot of issues with customers. it is just that you hear only a fraction of them.

If you know your car, and you have a discussion with any tuner you would get enough warning bells against remapping your car.

The post on the dhobi above is what happens when you do face an issue with tuners (a) it becomes your word against theirs (b) they will blame you or your car, (c) you will have no real evidence to support your case, and (d) you will be left with a bad taste after dealing with them.

If you do go to them as a customer, then you are equally at fault for allowing someone to "tamper" with your car. Yes, if you're lucky you'll get away with it. But if you aren't, like the majority, there's no one who can help you as this is unorganised / grey market territory.

Least of all the courts!!

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 8th May 2016 at 09:42.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 11:35   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
A "reputed tuner" is a contradiction in terms. They don't exist. Even the more visible ones have had a lot of issues with customers. it is just that you hear only a fraction of them.

If you know your car, and you have a discussion with any tuner you would get enough warning bells against remapping your car.

The post on the dhobi above is what happens when you do face an issue with tuners (a) it becomes your word against theirs (b) they will blame you or your car, (c) you will have no real evidence to support your case, and (d) you will be left with a bad taste after dealing with them.

If you do go to them as a customer, then you are equally at fault for allowing someone to "tamper" with your car. Yes, if you're lucky you'll get away with it. But if you aren't, like the majority, there's no one who can help you as this is unorganised / grey market territory.

Least of all the courts!!
I agree buddy. Most of the issues/problems post remap are not documented in forums. People tend to share only good experience and that's why majority think remap is very safe.

Let's not call tuning industry as grey market. I do not know how lawful is remap/tuning. I have interacted with many tuners like TOT, Wolf, Petes, Code 6 and Kiirus. There is nothing like who is the best.

TOT

1. Very professional and one of the first firm to start custom remap in India
2. TOT remapped cars have won highest number of races
3. I was told by them clearly that they can try to remap grand i10 and if I am not happy, I need to pay only their travel expenses.

Wolf Moto

1. Rajiv (tuner) is a humble guy and explains whatever he does clearly to the customer.
2. Wolf moto is one of the best option for Fiat cars. He has switchable maps ( 5 maps).

Petes

1. I do not have to say anything about them. We all know
2. Petes remap for VAG cars is very good. They get it done from one of the best tuner in world.
3. I am not sure about Petes remap for other cars. It was not that great in my SX4.

Kiirus

1. They have remapped highest number of NA petrol engines than any other tuner
Old 8th May 2016, 12:08   #72
BHPian

Dr.Naren - I'm sorry you didn't get what you want. It was a clear case of good marketing which you didn't take with a pinch of salt. I agree Code6 should have been more transparent/realistic with their claims. That said he installed the map, you didn't like it, he got you back on stock map. I don't know how his conversation about the payment went on with you but lets just say he shouldn't have asked and you were right in refusing to pay.

However I really don't think him bad-mouthing you on the forum was warranted when all you did was share your experience. That said I would say this thread is starting to seem like its more about you getting upset with the bad-mouthing than the about the actually experience with the map. If that's the case this thread probably belongs to the "Shifting Gears" section of the forum.

Code6 - I think you guys are doing a great job with the map. You really could work on the marketing and the attitude though. Not everyone walking thru your doors fully understand the pros and cons of what you do. It wouldn't be the worst thing if you properly educated them about the same.

I wouldn't dare compare this thread to what James went thru with Race Concepts. There was a lot wrong with the way Joel handled that Baleno.

Let us put an end to this please. The tuning scene in India is just starting to pick-up big and this kind of bad coverage spoils all the good work they have otherwise done.
flipsyde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 12:42   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Dr.Naren - I'm sorry you didn't get what you want. It was a clear case of good marketing which you didn't take with a pinch of salt. I agree Code6 should have been more transparent/realistic with their claims. That said he installed the map, you didn't like it, he got you back on stock map. I don't know how his conversation about the payment went on with you but lets just say he shouldn't have asked and you were right in refusing to pay.

However I really don't think him bad-mouthing you on the forum was warranted when all you did was share your experience. That said I would say this thread is starting to seem like its more about you getting upset with the bad-mouthing than the about the actually experience with the map. If that's the case this thread probably belongs to the "Shifting Gears" section of the forum.

Code6 - I think you guys are doing a great job with the map. You really could work on the marketing and the attitude though. Not everyone walking thru your doors fully understand the pros and cons of what you do. It wouldn't be the worst thing if you properly educated them about the same.

I wouldn't dare compare this thread to what James went thru with Race Concepts. There was a lot wrong with the way Joel handled that Baleno.

Let us put an end to this please. The tuning scene in India is just starting to pick-up big and this kind of bad coverage spoils all the good work they have otherwise done.
I just meant I was more saddened by the way code 6 dealt with customer by all that lame attacks and stories.

Coming to Technical Aspect

1. How did code 6 arrive at 92/100 bhp figure? They claimed to have remapped one grand i10 before but later say in forum that "nobody has good tune" for this car in India.

2. Why did the car only smoke with negligible power gain? Sajan says car used to smoke even in stock at idle which is pure lie. I can post a video and prove the same.

3. Sajan wanted me to pay for the remap and drive with it. He said would make changes later. I took a wise decision by not to pay and go back to stock map. I do not know what would have happened if I drove my car more with mismatched AFR.
Old 8th May 2016, 12:43   #74
KMT
BHPian

Yeah, as a potential customer for code 6 after reading Jaggus review I am now definitely not going to use their services.

If one one wants to grow a service based business one has to look after the customer and avoid such stoushes online.

If the business is happy to stay Mickey mouse size, then they can wage online battles with past customers at the risk of scaring off potential customers.
Old 8th May 2016, 13:10   #75
BHPian

As deduced from OP's post.

1. Tuner claimed to have done his homework on the car, but did not.
2. Tuner could not extract the required power from the car.
3. Tuner as well as OP were not happy with the results.
4. Tuner wanted to be paid, OP refused to pay.
5. OP and tuner indulge in a bitter fracas online.
6. OP shares his story here with an intention to warn other people.

I think that if the motive of OP is 6, then it has been met. Anyone looking for reviews of the tuner online will stumble upon this thread and can make their own wise decision.

Name:  code 6.PNG
Views: 2833
Size:  77.6 KB

If however that is not the intent and OP is looking to settle this matter online, this thread will not get any closure unlike James's thread as we have heard only one side of the story.

This will just end up being a echo chamber otherwise!

Last edited by batterylow : 8th May 2016 at 13:22. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed