Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 12:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Frankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited

The bottom-line here, and I cannot shout out any lesser about it, is that none of these mods alone can really impact the performance of the car in a larger manner. A set of mods that have been done sensibly, without going overboard and keeping the limits of the car in mind go hand-in-hand in giving the best performance for your car. They work synchronously to give your car the best combination of factors for it to perform stellarly.
This is the reason why I put in so much effort into research about each mod, and I may totally go wrong sometimes too. It's a matter of trial and error, but more trial than error, and the results of these efforts is now visible. The Crio is functioning as efficiently and optimally as I would love it to.
I know this is MODIFICATIONS thread, but have a look at this number to see what the Crio can do, when driven sedately. THIS is an example of a well-tuned car, that can transform into a monster at it's owner's beckoning! A sub-10 second monster that reaches it's top speed in 15 seconds, and then, when driven with velvet slippers, gives you, THIS!
Frankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited-20161115_211343.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 08:18   #197
Senior - BHPian

re: Frankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited

I am hunting for a resonator. Was considering Magnaflow and Vibrant. Both seem to be of similar design. BBK looks like another viable option and looks like more than usual steel wool packed pipe.Wish you could do a better weld for a cleaner look.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

Something REALLLLLLLLLLLY EXCITINGGGG is coming!

Here's a teaser...
Frankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited-img_0018.jpg

More news as we progress
frankmehta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:08   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Waste of precious working time on a weekday to find your thread and then having to read it from start to end. 8-)
What brilliant work. Tuned in
sudev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 08:59   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Something REALLLLLLLLLLLY EXCITINGGGG is coming!
Do I see exterior reservoir coilovers? Damn this car is turning into a beast. I know this car is meant to be a daily driver for your wife but the same setup focused for the track would embarrass quite a few cars on the track.
jalajprakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 09:54   #201
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered the Bilstein B14 from the UK.
I expect delivery after Christmas. Sometime around next week.
The bilstein b14 is height adjustable and I intend to keep the suspension at mid height , ie slightly lower than stock.
Also, the legendary road handling and ride quality of the B14 will be put to good use in the Honda as the stock suspension is frankly, pathetic.
Frankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited-img_1921.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:56   #202
BHPian

Quote:
In other news, you guys may be remembering, off the bat, that I own a base variant of the Honda Brio. The 'E' version skimps on a lot of features, but one, conspicuous by it's glaring omission is a Tachometer. Owning a car with a powerful engine and not knowing where it makes its best power is sacrilege. Hence, the other day, while browsing on AliExpress, I came across an interesting tool. It's called the AUTOOL. It connects via OBD port and rests on the dashboard quite inconspicuously, but visibility in the day and night are very good. It gives out a lot of useful statistics, and could be termed a poor man's head-up display, since it's mounted so close to the windscreen and doesn't encourage you to take your eyes of the road. Also note, that I do a have a HUGE 10.1 inch screen running my ODB via bluetooth, but that is pretty distracting as the eyes have to be taken off the road to read the bevy of information 'Torque,' throws up. The AUTOOL X50

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-A...696692576.html
This indeed cute little device you got. I heard that display color can be customized, which I think is important to match display with OEM dash cluster colors. Also does it give alarm on high coolant temperature and overspeed?

I have been searching for proper solution for engine overheat early alarm for my civic. Apart from rise in temp gauge, civic does not give any kind of audio/visual warning to drivers, which I feel is kinds scary. Once my condenser motor went kaput and i did not recognize engine temp rise for quite some time. If Autool X50 gives audio warning for such triggers, I think it would be perfect solution for my problem.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 10:24   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
This indeed cute little device you got. I heard that display color can be customized, which I think is important to match display with OEM dash cluster colors. Also does it give alarm on high coolant temperature and overspeed?

I have been searching for proper solution for engine overheat early alarm for my civic. Apart from rise in temp gauge, civic does not give any kind of audio/visual warning to drivers, which I feel is kinds scary. Once my condenser motor went kaput and i did not recognize engine temp rise for quite some time. If Autool X50 gives audio warning for such triggers, I think it would be perfect solution for my problem.
Thank you for reminding me that this exists somewhere! I will have to dig it up from my storage. The convenience of having an Android head unit and an OBD bluetooth adapter makes this a slight luxury.
I think it does have an indicator for engine overheat etc, but you cant change colours.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:34   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for reminding me that this exists somewhere! I will have to dig it up from my storage. The convenience of having an Android head unit and an OBD bluetooth adapter makes this a slight luxury.
I think it does have an indicator for engine overheat etc, but you cant change colours.
Also is this device available in India? I have been trying to get it from Aliexpress, but last 2 orders never reached here. Though I got full refund for same, I am still wondering where I can get this unit.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:41   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Also is this device available in India? I have been trying to get it from Aliexpress, but last 2 orders never reached here. Though I got full refund for same, I am still wondering where I can get this unit.
If you are coming to Mumbai, you can give me a day's notice and try out the unit I have. It's plug and play, and you can try it on your car.
Old 4th February 2017, 21:36   #206
BHPian

Hi Frank, very impressed with the dedication, thought out mods on your crio, congratulations on the same.
Just wanted your review on the simota air filter,
I have a honda civic with a k&n typhoon kit, i need to replace just the filter, it gave way after two years or so,(the piping is fine)
I have an option of a k&n v/s simota, price difference is negligible
Any inputs would be very helpful, I'm not looking at any numbers on the dyno
Im looking for slightly better pickup, and a slight growl, (not very high db to disturb my neighbourhood &#128513 so no end can, or exhaust
Thanks in advance
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 19:27   #207
BHPian

Honda Brio: 1.5L engine swap successful (page 7)! Now with RD ECU & larger in...

Sorry to hijack your thread frank,
Bit the bullet
As suggested by you,contacted Jayant from motor manics, bought the Simota Urethane filter bolt for civic
Absolute clean dealing,didn try and oversell anything, and suggested the right filter according to my usage
Took me literally 20minutes to install it
And what a pleasure to drive it was
Car isn stalling even at second gear from speeds of 7-10kmph, and the grunt is heard after 3k rpm which makes it perfect when there is family aboard the car
Happy customer Frankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486302934.252900.jpgFrankmehta'S Crio: Brio with a 1.5L engine! EDIT: Bosch ECU cracked and car delimited-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486302971.955685.jpg
Disclaimer: No personal interest to promote the dealer
But dealer and product,both were top notch!
raghav.carfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 22:01   #208
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio: 1.5L engine swap successful (page 7)! Now with RD ECU & larger in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Absolute clean dealing,didn try and oversell anything, and suggested the right filter according to my usage
Took me literally 20minutes to install it
And what a pleasure to drive it was
Great to hear about it! Can you please share cost involved with this?
Old 10th July 2018, 13:27   #209
Senior - BHPian

A quick update:
The car went to Hallmark Honda for periodic service. They always do a great job, and deliver exemplary service, but after the change of their service head, they have become less tolerant to the Crio.
A little flashback before that.
The Power steering light came on, and the AC and instrument cluster stopped working the other day. While everyone who knew the car blamed it on the 'SWAP,' I maintained composure and figured the SWAP had nothing to do with the Electronics that were the reason for the current issue.
I contacted Jignesh Goradia (VIPER) and he took my car for 2 days and returned with the diagnosis that the ECU went kaput.
I contacted Hallmark and asked them to replace it, but they flat out refused. For reasons unknown to me.
A simple ECU scan was also not done by them, owing to 'MODIFICATIONS,' and that ticked me off.
I sent the car to ARYA Honda at Prabhadevi, and owing to my prior relationship with Mr. Hormuzd Dee (the head of service operations at Arya, but I knew him from his days at VW) and the sterling support by Mr. Nilesh Alekar, the ECU was ordered within a few minutes of me entering their service centre.
Such levels of service and belief in a customer are unheard of.

The ECU was replaced (at a fee, of course) and the car is now ready for delivery.
She drives like a peach and stings like a bee! 31,300 km on the odo, and 16,300 after the swap.
This swap is special, and the reliability and bulletproof nature of it make me so proud.

INDIA'S FIRST CRIO IS STILL FLYING. Thanks to the adulation and love from you guys!

And SPECIAL THANKS TO HORMUZD DEE, NILESH ALEKAR AND JIGNESH GORADIA!

Last edited by frankmehta : 10th July 2018 at 13:29.
frankmehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 21:34   #210
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys!
We managed to crack the Bosch ecu! That's the first Indian made Honda Brio with a 1.5 litre engine running with a stock setup and a remapped Bosch ecu.
Special thanks to Zakie from TunedIChips who flew down from Colombo to map my car and a huge hug to Karan Shah for dynoing my car and putting up with our nonsense.
The RD piggyback is out. We have finally managed to bench flash the stock Bosch Motronics ecu and running such a beautiful map.
The car has never driven better!

Oh! And great news! This is the first Indian Brio to be delimited! We could easily go to 220 kmph on the dyno but we didn't because we weren't sure of external factors!

Enjoy this video guys!
frankmehta is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks