Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2006, 16:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
IMHO your car may look good (and 'cool' ?) for a month or so, after which it will look like it is absconding from the scrapyard
Exactly y i started this thread...... !! Y DOES THE MATTE BLACK LOOK HORRIBLE AFTER A MONTH??????????? SINCE IT IS LIKE ANY OTHER PAINT.... WITH LACQUER AND HARDNER ON IT...!!!
Old 4th October 2006, 17:43   #32
BHPian

Did i hear a 13K for the whole body paint....

im so interested...

Hey jigar lemme know where are u gettin it done
Old 4th October 2006, 17:51   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Y DOES THE MATTE BLACK LOOK HORRIBLE AFTER A MONTH?
It will look horrible after 3 days in Mumbai climate! Trust me, you can't clean a matte finish. Imagine a bird "blesses" it, that mark will become part of the paintjob for a long time! So will any other mark. Jigar, save your money on this one! If you want, just paint your hood in a matte finish or something.
Old 4th October 2006, 18:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
If you want, just paint your hood in a matte finish or something.
Jigar - Here's a suggestion why don't you just paint the hood of your car Matt Black. Live with it for a few weeks/months and see if you like it & how it looks after the intial euphoria has gone away. If you still like it after daily usage & wear-and-tear then get you car painted that way!!

This way with minimum expenditure you can see how your car's gonna look & whether you'll like it in the long term. And in any case you can always paint the hood again! Painting your whole car again would be a lengthy & expensive affair.

Last edited by iraghava : 4th October 2006 at 18:11.
Old 4th October 2006, 18:29   #35
BHPian

i ve seen an esteem with matt black color...

Attitude is written on the rear windsheld...
with Red & Chrome vinyl on sides it looks pretty good...

Has any one spotted it...
Old 4th October 2006, 20:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Jigar - Here's a suggestion why don't you just paint the hood of your car Matt Black. Live with it for a few weeks/months and see if you like it
Guess now since everyone is sayin it..... this is wut i will do...! Either paint the hood matt black and wait and watch..! OR else i am thinking to talk to the DUpont guys directly and checking up with them...!
Old 4th October 2006, 21:26   #37
elf
BANNED

Or you could do what I mentioned on the phone - your B pillars & door frames for a month. I've got mine in matte black (paint, not vinyl) & I already told you what a pain it is to maintain.
Old 4th October 2006, 23:56   #38
BHPian

let me try talkin to the Dupont guys tomorrow.....
Old 5th October 2006, 09:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

another idea........

the whole car in matt back with nice shiny chrome wheels nd silver vinyl would look hot too......
Old 5th October 2006, 13:02   #40
BHPian

Okay guys spoke to the DUpont guys... they say... its not an issue... to keep matt black.. only trouble is it will hold a lot of dust since its matt finish...(Which can be removed by regular washing), scratches is not an issue.... fading is not an issue...! BIRDS BLESSINGS ARE A BIG ISSUE...SINCE THEY ARE ACIDIC AND HENCE ONCE U SCRUB A LITTLE TO REMOVE THE BIRDS ****, TAT MUCH AREA WILL TEND TO GLOSS UP..!

So basically it seems okay to get it paitned matt black... ! AND INCASE THE PAINT GOES BAD... U CAN ALWAYS APPLY A REGULAR LACQUER AND MAKE IT GLOSSY AGAIN...! SO I GUESS ITS WORTH THE TRY ....WUT SAY???
Old 5th October 2006, 13:20   #41
elf
BANNED

Whatever you want dude, but why are you shouting?
Old 5th October 2006, 13:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni
So basically it seems okay to get it paitned matt black... ! AND INCASE THE PAINT GOES BAD... U CAN ALWAYS APPLY A REGULAR LACQUER AND MAKE IT GLOSSY AGAIN...! SO I GUESS ITS WORTH THE TRY ....WUT SAY???
Ok I have some experience with Matt paints & lacquer since we've used them previously on some our products. Apart from bird **** another huge problem is Finger prints/marks. These show up very brightly on matt surfaces and are a pain to clean especially considering how many marks you'll have on your car once it's parked outside.

Secondly about applying regular lacquer if you don't like Matt, yes it will work but not to the extent that the glossy paint & lacquer combination works. It'll be comparatively much duller & will look as if the paint job is a shoddy one. IMHO only paint the bonnet & live with it for an extended period like a month or so, if you still like it & fell that you can maintain it go ahead & paint the whole car!
Old 8th October 2006, 09:42   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

jigarmuni,

Go ahead and made it happen! A matt black OHC Vtec is a unique feast for the eyes! I think it'll look really mean - like the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT) supercar-Pontiac TransAm, from KnightRider !
Old 8th October 2006, 13:34   #44
BHPian

I did get the sample done on the car... and it already is looking insane...!! Guys body kit is also coming up on the car.... THe RIO kit... but made outta metal....
Old 9th October 2006, 05:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jigar the RIO kit looks nice but please get a diffrent hood done not the usual RIO one...how about a fibre hood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks