Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2006, 00:09   #1
BHPian

matt black on my Vtec

Hey guys.... plannin to paint my honda city type 2 matt black...! Any suggestions as to how long da matt black lasts... is it advisable etc...etc.. coz the whole world is telling me tat it will fade in a years time and it will catch a lot of dust and grains wiill start forming etc...etc... Need some serious help on this topic guys..! Coz none of the painters have a clear idea about this...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2006 at 10:02.
Old 4th October 2006, 00:23   #2
BANNED

color the car with real color and not matt black jesus !!@!
Old 4th October 2006, 00:26   #3
BHPian

mods can we ban him please
Old 4th October 2006, 01:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey jigarmuni,

No Matt Black But Black Like This One..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 4th October 2006, 01:26   #5
BHPian

what black is that?? regular metallic?
Old 4th October 2006, 01:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni
what black is that?? regular metallic?
I Think It Is Honda's Original Black Metalic Colour.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 4th October 2006, 01:44   #7
BHPian

buddy i am really keen on a matt black.... yar..! Cant remove it from my head...! any clues on that? plus any clues on how much the skirts or bumpers and bonnet mods will cost?
Old 4th October 2006, 01:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Dude, go ahead.
Ull sick out in the crowd since no one's tried it.
Old 4th October 2006, 01:53   #9
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Dude, go ahead.
Ull sick out in the crowd since no one's tried it.
hehe i hope its stick out and not sick out??? But on a serious note... kinda scared...as everyone told me it will fade in a years time...! IT will catch dust and etc...etc.. it will be a pain to maintain...! I LOVE IT... LIKE NO OTHER.... BUT THE WHOLE WORLD IS LIKE... IT WILL LOOOK MISERABLE...ALTHOUGH I FEEL IT SHUD LOOK A KILLER!... here is a sample........ below

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2006 at 10:03.
Old 4th October 2006, 02:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted. Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2006 at 10:03.
Old 4th October 2006, 02:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
get it done dude...thts if u have a lotta $$$...so in a week whjen it scratches n chips n stufff u can change it to a metallic black.....but get it done we want to see how it will look.....i think it will look HOT...get the rims matt black too....dont leave any chrome....errrrr.....dude why dont u try chrome.....chrome the whole car man.....

But can u tell me y u think it will scratch....??? and chip??? since i will be give a coat of Laker over it.... like any otehr paint..!
Old 4th October 2006, 02:43   #12
elf
BANNED

@jigarmuni:

Firstly, matte black will look great. No kidding.

What will not look great is you getting out at every signal & crying, moaning & screaming when some beggar kid comes around & places his grubby hands on your metal.

The colour is practically impossible to maintain on a regular basis, & chipping & scratching are just some of the problems you may have to live with. Swirl marks from washing your car, bird poop, boogers, road grime & anything else that you can think of will immediately stick to your paint & will take serious effort to remove as the surface won't be finished.

" ... give a coat of Laker ..."
I presume you're referring to lacquer. A Laker would be a gentleman from the NBA, & I believe most of those models come in matte black. They also don't take too kindly to being sprayed upon VTECs.

And no, you can't spray lacquer over it - it won't stay matte black then, & would just look like a bad paint job.

Lastly, I just noticed you live in Madras where you got truckloads of strong sunlight. The lack of reflective paint would heat up your vehicle like crazy, as all the heat & light would be absorbed by your paint & none would be bounced off, as it is with shiny paint.

Last edited by elf : 4th October 2006 at 02:47.
Old 4th October 2006, 02:57   #13
BHPian

[quote=elf]
And no, you can't spray lacquer over it - it won't stay matte black then, & would just look like a bad paint job.
quote]

exactly......this is wut everyone told me...! but i have bought matt lacquer already... by Du pont..! This is special lacquer for matt paints..! to give it protection and it does not give any shine..!!! Plus the painter from whom i am getting it done.. has also paitned a few bikes matt black and he also told me that... there is a matt lacquer avaiable in the market for matt paints..!! Otehrwise it is obvious that the paint will chip off and get scratched..!! Can u now pls throw some light on the matt lacquer topic?? Coz that is creating all the confusion..!
Old 4th October 2006, 03:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

I always wanted to get a matt green-black car, like batman's.

matt colrs may look good on exotic cars and muscular offroaders like hummer. but on a V-tec............
Old 4th October 2006, 03:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni
coz the whole world is telling me tat it will fade in a years time and it will catch a lot of dust and grains wiill start forming etc...etc...
Photoshop it to get an idea before you take the plunge.

I dont think its gonna fade more or less than any other colour.

Just that its going to look faded from day one. Dont be surprised if people ask you if you ran out of money for paint after putting primer on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks