Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2004, 17:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

hey Guys,
I am working on a custom Fuel management system for cars here. So no more RPM lock, Fully customizable and you could change anything on the fly. I have with the help of a few people designed the Circuit and Have a software for it.

What i need is if anyone at team-bhp who can help me make a PCB. If anyone is into electronics please let me know. I have everything worked out. Just these few details.

If we could build this we could fuel inject any car from the Mahindra Jeep or even put it in the Vtec. The Chip we would be using will control most values. So we could get that added boost. But a dyno here would have been great... Lets wait

Cheers
Dom
Old 10th April 2004, 14:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Dom,

Donno if u are aware or not.....but u can make your own PCBs..... thats the way Dean Kamen, (the inventor of the segway etc) began to make the invention that made his millions at home in his own oven! (twas an electronic insulin delivery device...prototype PCBs made in ma's kitchen.... but then it aint just as simple as that.....

cya
Rehaan
Old 10th April 2004, 14:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Reehan,
thanks bro... I just got a kit to make my own pcb some chemicals and crap ... i hope it comes out well ... will keep the pics on the progress posted.

Cheers
Dom
Old 10th April 2004, 14:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Awesome,

u gotta keep us in the loop of what ur doing man..would love to see progress of everything u can afford to show ;-]

cya
Rehaan
Old 4th February 2007, 15:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

any updates??

I know this is an old thread, (almost 3 years).
But I am eager to know the progress.
I like this kind of DIY Hotrodding.
Old 4th February 2007, 19:47   #6
BANNED

ya dude..its been a long time..what have u done with it?..is it a success??..
Old 5th February 2007, 10:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well RD Karthik on the forum builds stand alones.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:12   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Well RD Karthik on the forum builds stand alones.
Hi,

From what I have seen they are not "actual stand alones" since he needs the original ECU to operate certain functions on the car as well. So basically there will be 2 ECU's runing on the car.

Viper
Old 5th February 2007, 10:28   #9
BANNED

I'm very keen to know the progress on this too. Was planning on having one installed but unfortunately it's not working out.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

Making a PCB is easy until the software part. The fabrication is the tough part.
First you need to print on a plastic film or something.
Then the prints need to be translated as copper tracks.
The ideal PCB maker would be an inket printer with liquid copper as the ink!
Old 5th February 2007, 11:24   #11
BHPian

Actually the way it's done is, you buy a sort of 'blank' PCB which has a coating of copper on one or both sides. Then, you print (or draw) the track pattern using a waterproof ink (I've used permanent marker for small jobs). Once you have the layout done, you etch away the remaining copper using a ferric chloride solution.

So it's not the copper tracks that get 'printed' but rather the copper surrounding the tracks is removed. Not sure if what I'm saying is clear, but this is the general procedure.
Old 5th February 2007, 23:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

From what I have seen they are not "actual stand alones" since he needs the original ECU to operate certain functions on the car as well. So basically there will be 2 ECU's runing on the car.

Viper
FYI we have many versions of ECUs, ranging from piggy-backs to "actual stand alones" .that means just 1 ECU on the car.

Arent we going OT?

Last edited by rdkarthik : 5th February 2007 at 23:14.
Old 5th February 2007, 23:49   #13
BHPian

hey Domnic
i've done pcb designing and fabrication course. the toughest part is designing the pcb as main aim is to minimize space requirements though complexity of circuit is not of a major concern as further process is easy and designing is done only once and from then only improvements are there.Most important part is designing the circuit and nothing else. you can print circuit with help of laser printer on to a transfer paper and then transfer it on copper clad board with help of iron and then dip the broad in ferric chloride solution with water as diluter (if you are in hurry then don't dilute much but track lift problem could occur).
i will be glad to help you and you can use software such as orcat or protel.
and regarding electronics here also i am willing to help you.
just post the whole ideas ( why, how and where) and then we can proceed further.
(I'm doing electronic engg ,final year.)
Old 6th February 2007, 00:10   #14
BHPian

Nowadays lot of softwares are available where you can actually draw the blue print of your layout on your PC & the software will also guide on shortest possible route from one component to another and all other combinations, i still remember during my engineering days we used to do same thing that time the software was DOS based now you will get far better windows based versions.
once you have blueprint ready you can take printout & give to the person who are specialized in making PCB we had done a similar a project (not auto related) around 15yrs back.
Old 6th February 2007, 09:09   #15
BANNED

Hi,

My bad thats what i thought as that is what was demonstrated to me as a "Stand Alone". Would love to see a demo of the actual stand alone which works with just 1 ECU..

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
FYI we have many versions of ECUs, ranging from piggy-backs to "actual stand alones" .that means just 1 ECU on the car.

Arent we going OT?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks