Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2004, 13:36   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]One thing i've noticed is that fancy cars don't always deliver.
True, you should have seen the cars at the Speedrun 2004. The most heavily modified cars (visually) were absolutely impotent on the strip.

GTO
Old 18th March 2005, 12:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Well, since the title of this thread is "Bad modifications" lets not limit ourselves to only wings/spoilers.

What about the recent trend that has been going around. Fake rear discs! these attached to the inside of your wheel and serve to cover the rear drum. Now if this isn't the most useless addition to a car, I really don't know what is!

Speaking of dummy modifications, how about those fake sunroofs on taxi's! Just a piecce of glass sticking up from the roof!

And, lets not forget the guys who needs 4 glowing autogauge tachometers in his car!
Old 18th March 2005, 13:03   #18
BHPian

i saw this last year, almost forgot. but seeing the black/green honda city pics by gto from last year's drags just refreshed my memory. well the color combination was not bad. reminds me on The Fast & The Furious Honda Civic with the black & green combo. but the civic was still better

& fake disc brakes? lol i have never seen that. quite funny~

Last edited by gamerno1 : 18th March 2005 at 13:07.
Old 18th March 2005, 13:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

That green/black honda city you are talking about had the fake brakes!
Old 18th March 2005, 17:02   #20
BHPian

Which Idiot would get fake brakes??? There's a limit to visual 'mods' (assuming that we can even call this absurdity a mod), but this is REALLY pushing it!!

About the spoilers, the one oon the V-tec City, is it at all useful?? It does not look specifically arodynamic in my opinion... more like a 'fake mod' - no offence to V-tecs, I think they rock, but still... the question is still there...

Shan2nu, ahve you ever tried taking the spoiler off, and going at a high speed - even ovver 100km/h, according to rehaan, ro 150-180 to dom? Try it out if you have the time (and resources, and joblessness) and tell me what the result is.

Talking about fake mods - Two very common things I've seen are 'air scoops' on the bonnet, and ducts at the end of the doors... - I've actually seen this on a heavily mod. accent. Was laughing all the way home...!!!
When you open the bonnet, all you see is metal everywhere, and the scoop is a real dummy - apart from adding weight, this thing is pretty much useless. And the air ducts at the rear of te door - I'm not even going to bother to comment on that. Which dummy does that on a monocoque body, wit the engine right up in front??!!

One last thing I've sen is HUGE tyres on the back two wheels, and small, almost tractionless ones in front. These guys have been watching way too much TFTF - don't they get that those huge wheels are places on RWD cars for great traction??!!

But yeah, fake brakes tops the list of absurdities... Here's mine:

1. Fake rear Brakes (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! WHAT A CHUMP!!!)

2. Air Rakes Behind the Doors (OK, so maybe he's airing out his boot...)

3. Air Scoops that have NO Openings. (TCH TCH TCH... when will they learn??)

4. GIGANTIC tyres at the Rear, Midget one's in the Front. (What the...??!!)

5. Spoilers on a Premier Padmini, and on an OMNI (Ya, sure, they're definitely going to break the land speed record... PHFFFSHSHSHTT....!!!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks